Zone1 Unbelievers, Faith Is A Simple Test: To Find Out If You Are Teachable?

I think putting it in those terms is correct but I would rather just say that I reject everything in the world that can be said to be the 'supernatural'. The 'soul' is included as supernatural in my atheist opinion.

And then, if modern science proves that something that was thought of as the supernatural, is proven to be true, then it no longer is the 'supernatural'.

I think it's safe for you to say that I don't believe in any of the gods. And that my friend, is the definition of an atheist.
So love doesn't exist, right?

So love doesn't exist, right?
Your persisting with posting a chain of remarks has consequences. I've already responded to you on how I love.
I have to make this the final warning that your serial posting messages to me, can't be tolerated any longer for obvious reasons.

Your persisting with posting a chain of remarks has consequences. I've already responded to you on how I love.
I have to make this the final warning that your serial posting messages to me, can't be tolerated any longer for obvious reasons.
I'm just showing you how fucked up your belief system is by responding to the posts YOU make. .

I'm just showing you how fucked up your belief system is.
Do the personal insults come nest after the profanity?

And once again, it's a lack of a belief system regarding a god.

Which of my beliefs do you object to?

Do the personal insults come nest after the profanity?

And once again, it's a lack of a belief system regarding a god.

Which of my beliefs do you object to?
Which makes man the final arbiter of right and wrong. If a world full of atheists believed slavery, incest, pedophilia were acceptable then those things would be acceptable because atheism is only concerned with satisfying material needs and primitive impulses. They see no distinction between good and evil because to them good and evil is a man made concept and not a universal concept independent of man and can be anything they say it is. That's the consequence of atheism. That's what I object to... moral relativity.

Which makes man the final arbiter of right and wrong.
Yes, of course!
If a world full of atheists believed slavery, incest, pedophilia were acceptable then those things would be acceptable because atheism is only concerned with satisfying material needs and primitive impulses.
Atheism is a lack of belief in a god!
Your bibles say that slavery is acceptable. I can only say that I as an atheist don't believe that incest and pedophilia is acceptable. Catholic priests do on both counts in that their pedophilia is committing incest against their god's demands.

But now you've moved on to generic personal attack against atheists. Albeit, you've cautiously kept it generic.
They see no distinction between good and evil because to them good and evil is a man made concept and not a universal concept independent of man and can be anything they say it is.
Can you tell me what 'evil' you perceive that I support? Can you tell me where you've ever read where I mistake good with evil? Or are you talking about atheists in general and not accusing me?
That's the consequence of atheism. That's what I object to... moral relativity.
I consider myself as morally sound as you. I won't claim more morality unless you give me a reason to doubt you.

Personal attacks by any atheist or Christian would give me cause to doubt the person's credibility and sincerity.

The frequency of pedophilia in Catholic priests certainly does question their sincerity.

Yes, of course!
You just admitted that you believe there is a universal right and wrong that is independent of what man wants it to be in another thread. So man can't be the final arbiter. If man were the final arbiter right and wrong could be anything man wanted it to be.

Atheism is a lack of belief in a god!
Your bibles say that slavery is acceptable. I can only say that I as an atheist don't believe that incest and pedophilia is acceptable. Catholic priests do on both counts in that their pedophilia is committing incest against their god's demands.
It doesn't. You don't understand it and I'm not inclined to explain it to you.

Yes, some Catholic priests did violate the natural law. Which relative to the entire world was a minuscule fraction of violations. That doesn't negate the natural law. The natural law exists independent of man. But atheists deny the natural law. Atheists believe there is no natural law. Let's take China for example. China is an atheistic nation. They believe it was moral to force women to have abortions. That's a consequence of atheism denying a universal right and wrong exists. Atheism is the greatest threat to mankind because it is the greatest threat to freedom.

But now you've moved on to generic personal attack against atheists. Albeit, you've cautiously kept it generic.
No. I haven't. You take it personal. I'm sorry it offends you that I believe that atheism is the greatest threat to mankind.

Can you tell me what 'evil' you perceive that I support? Can you tell me where you've ever read where I mistake good with evil? Or are you talking about atheists in general and not accusing me?
Moral relativity. The denial of natural law.

I consider myself as morally sound as you. I won't claim more morality unless you give me a reason to doubt you.

Personal attacks by any atheist or Christian would give me cause to doubt the person's credibility and sincerity.

The frequency of pedophilia in Catholic priests certainly does question their sincerity.
That you see yourself as moral and make moral arguments is proof of God's existence. You can't abandon that concept because it's hardwired into you by the creator.

Moral relativity. The denial of natural law.
I can't speak for other atheists on account of us having nothing in common I know of, other than not believing in any gods.

My personal morals don't come from a god. Many Christians contend that they couldn't be moral without their belief in a god.

I can't speak for other atheists on account of us having nothing in common I know of, other than not believing in any gods.

My personal morals don't come from a god. Many Christians contend that they couldn't be moral without their belief in a god.
You don't realize it but they do. That's why you can't abandon the concept and why you believe in a universal fairness that you believe everyone should know and accept. It's literally hardwired into you. And the reason is because God is every extant attribute of reality. Natural Law, the Law of Nature, the Law of Right and Wrong, the Moral Law comes from God because God is good. And it has been written into your heart by your Creator.

An atheist is a person who doesn't believe in any of the gods. You can include not believing in a spirit for me too, but I can't speak for any other atheists.

I do nothing to stop anyone from worshipping a god. That was a Christian lie.
And the rest of your spiel is hate and anger Christian.
You can't even see your agreement with what I said. You did it anyways. You are actually siding with child abusers by denouncing what I said as Christian lies and hate.

Forum List

Back