Ukraine's Counter-Offensive Failed - Now it is Time to Negotiate Peace

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023

We could force the Ukraine-Russia war to a conclusion by cutting off help to Ukraine. Ukraine has finally been exposed to reality. Without American arms they could not have gotten as far as they have. But, the time for a realistic appraisal of the situation is not due.

Ukraine will not beat Russia and expel their troops from their land. It is not going to happen. Continuing to piss away America resources on their fight will only prolong the inevitable: A Russian victory, though only after many more months of war and death. At this point the USA has leverage to pull the funding in order to get Zelinsky to the table. Likewise, if Russia refuses to negotiate, then we threaten to prolong the war with more aid to Ukraine. Right now is the one time we can use our newfound leverage to bring the war to a close.

Will Zelinsky have to compromise? Yes. He will lose land, especially the areas where ethnic Russian populations are great and the land bridge to Crimea. Will Putin compromise? Yes, he will have to. In exchange for Ukraine ceding him territory, he will have to pull out of the remainder of Ukraine and immediately cease to threaten Ukraine. There should also be a multilateral peace keeping force sent in to protect the ethnic Russians from Ukraine so that Putin cannot use that as a pretext to another invasion. The multilateral force should be there for at least 10 years.

This is real life shit. You can fight on based on principle until all of your people are dead if you want. It does not mean you will win. Concessions should be made in lieu of more death and destruction to both sides.

• Banned
Russia can make peace at any time. Just leave Ukraine.

Given the sudden shrillness of the Russiabots, it's clear Russia isn't doing well on the battlefiled. They can leave, or they'll be pushed out.
They won't be pushed out, unless we go in to push them out, which would be a huge mistake. Both sides need to compromise and bring an end to this war.

They won't be pushed out, unless we go in to push them out, which would be a huge mistake. Both sides need to compromise and bring an end to this war.
Yep, Ukraine can compromise by giving up it's territory, sovereignty, and free will to Biden's buddy Putin. Problem solved.

We could force the Ukraine-Russia war to a conclusion by cutting off help to Ukraine. Ukraine has finally been exposed to reality. Without American arms they could not have gotten as far as they have. But, the time for a realistic appraisal of the situation is not due.

Ukraine will not beat Russia and expel their troops from their land. It is not going to happen. Continuing to piss away America resources on their fight will only prolong the inevitable: A Russian victory, though only after many more months of war and death. At this point the USA has leverage to pull the funding in order to get Zelinsky to the table. Likewise, if Russia refuses to negotiate, then we threaten to prolong the war with more aid to Ukraine. Right now is the one time we can use our newfound leverage to bring the war to a close.

Will Zelinsky have to compromise? Yes. He will lose land, especially the areas where ethnic Russian populations are great and the land bridge to Crimea. Will Putin compromise? Yes, he will have to. In exchange for Ukraine ceding him territory, he will have to pull out of the remainder of Ukraine and immediately cease to threaten Ukraine. There should also be a multilateral peace keeping force sent in to protect the ethnic Russians from Ukraine so that Putin cannot use that as a pretext to another invasion. The multilateral force should be there for at least 10 years.

This is real life shit. You can fight on based on principle until all of your people are dead if you want. It does not mean you will win. Concessions should be made in lieu of more death and destruction to both sides.
Your comments are mostly about how America can spin the loss as a win by both sides.

Given the sudden shrillness of the Russiabots, it's clear Russia isn't doing well on the battlefiled. They can leave, or they'll be pushed out.
LOL....The Ukes done went and "Kursked" themselves against Org defensive belts in the last few months with heavy losses in both men and material.

Desertions are way up and young men coming of fighting age are in hiding least they be conscripted and sent into the Midget's meat grinder.

Cut off the money spigot and it's all over.

LOL....The Ukes done went and "Kursked" themselves against Org defensive belts in the last few months with heavy losses in both men and material.

Desertions are way up and young men coming of fighting age are in hiding least they be conscripted and sent into the Midget's meat grinder.

Cut off the money spigot and it's all over.
Yes, but nothing has changed on America's reason for starting a proxy war against Russia. America still faces the prospect of a Brics alliance that includes both Russia and China. Why else spend the money?

And why stop spending the money when the prospects haven't changed?

If anything, only become more obvious to Russia!

I wonder if you have any feelings on America's reasoning for starting a war to break up the former Yugoslavia? Was Clinton foreseeing the China prospect of an alliance between Russia and China?

• Banned
Your comments are mostly about how America can spin the loss as a win by both sides.
Thank you for your comment. Believe it or not, I am actually going to pay you a compliment. See, I do not actually believe that you are as stupid as you pretend to be online. I even have my suspicions that you do not even believe the ridiculous nonsense you espouse to others on a regular basis. I know it is fun to act stupid and be snarky. Thanks to the advent of the internet you can now do this with little to no consequence.

A virtuous man, or woman, of honor knows that there are a number of things that must be collectively valued highly in order to maintain a civil society. These things consist of matters such as honesty, having a strong work ethic, being productive, and tolerance of diversity of opinions and ideas. Too many people today choose to live without virtue and a sense of honor. But it is our duty to seek a virtuous life if we are to effectively live in peace with one another. This requires, inter alia, education on a myriad of topics fueled by a natural curiosity and drive to better oneself and, therefore, society in general.

Such a heightened and enlightened consciousness cannot be found on the internet. Cyberspace is a dark, virtueless morass of social toxicity that is the antithesis to virtue. I acknowledge this, and I have some some time now. Therefore, I begrudge nobody their words and thoughts in the cyber world. I expect nothing from them. They are nothing, and they are of no consequence to me. Their value, if any, is what you choose it to be.

In order to stave off the inevitable nihilism associated with internet socializing, I choose to accept faith in the belief that nobody can really be as stupid and ignorant as you appear to be from the comments you publicly make. Most assuredly you are merely saying what you say in order to derive some sort of pleasure from a deviant fetish you harbor based on watching people respond to your bullshit.

Thank you for your comment. Believe it or not, I am actually going to pay you a compliment. See, I do not actually believe that you are as stupid as you pretend to be online. I even have my suspicions that you do not even believe the ridiculous nonsense you espouse to others on a regular basis. I know it is fun to act stupid and be snarky. Thanks to the advent of the internet you can now do this with little to no consequence.

A virtuous man, or woman, of honor knows that there are a number of things that must be collectively valued highly in order to maintain a civil society. These things consist of matters such as honesty, having a strong work ethic, being productive, and tolerance of diversity of opinions and ideas. Too many people today choose to live without virtue and a sense of honor. But it is our duty to seek a virtuous life if we are to effectively live in peace with one another. This requires, inter alia, education on a myriad of topics fueled by a natural curiosity and drive to better oneself and, therefore, society in general.

Such a heightened and enlightened consciousness cannot be found on the internet. Cyberspace is a dark, virtueless morass of social toxicity that is the antithesis to virtue. I acknowledge this, and I have some some time now. Therefore, I begrudge nobody their words and thoughts in the cyber world. I expect nothing from them. They are nothing, and they are of no consequence to me. Their value, if any, is what you choose it to be.

In order to stave off the inevitable nihilism associated with internet socializing, I choose to accept faith in the belief that nobody can really be as stupid and ignorant as you appear to be from the comments you publicly make. Most assuredly you are merely saying what you say in order to derive some sort of pleasure from a deviant fetish you harbor based on watching people respond to your bullshit.
It was something I said that motivated you to write me four paragraphs.
I think I at least deserve an explanation on specifically what?

Will Putin compromise? Yes, he will have to. In exchange for Ukraine ceding him territory, he will have to pull out of the remainder of Ukraine and immediately cease to threaten Ukraine.

Why would you suggest that when it's just as likely that Russia is going to demand territory from the Ukraine as a security buffer zone against US aggression.

The political spin for America can conceivably be had in making what's left of the Ukraine a Nato member. That is, unless Russia negotiates the contrary as part of the deal.

Your dedication of 4 paragraphs wins you recognition, if that was your motive.

A virtuous man, or woman, of honor knows that there are a number of things that must be collectively valued highly in order to maintain a civil society.

What specifically do you suppose it is that I don't value?

Are you going to leave the Board when Ukraine surrenders?

Ukrainian soldiers are thinking: 90% chance I’m killed or wounded attacking Russian defenses versus a 20% chance I’m killed or wounded overthrowing the Kiev Regime, making peace and honorably and honestly rebuilding my country. Hmmmmm

The only thing is the American population knows nothing of what is going on in that war except what the media and government is feeding us. Anyone posting on that war is personal opinion made up of what we are fed. What we do know is the US is real good at making war and then turning tail and screwing the ones we have swore to protect. Do I need to give examples?

The only thing is the American population knows nothing of what is going on in that war except what the media and government is feeding us. Anyone posting on that war is personal opinion made up of what we are fed. What we do know is the US is real good at making war and then turning tail and screwing the ones we have swore to protect. Do I need to give examples?
That sounds like opinion, sonny.

It's a fact, not an opinion.
By your own words, you do not know what is going on in Ukraine and anything stated about it is opinion. Essentially, this is the paradigm you are using to judge our involvement in other wars. Thus, it is opinion.

I am fully in favor of ending our involvement in Ukraine yesterday.

By your own words, you do not know what is going on in Ukraine and anything stated about it is opinion. Essentially, this is the paradigm you are using to judge our involvement in other wars. Thus, it is opinion.

I am fully in favor of ending our involvement in Ukraine yesterday.
Um, he kinda said he didn't know what was going on in Ukraine, just what the press and government say,so it is fact rather than opinion.

Why should Russia accept anything the US offers? There is literally no reason for Russia to trust the Biden administration as long as people like Nuland are still around. The best the US can do is simply cut and run. Ukraine was never our problem, it's a European problem, let them handle it. We have our own problems, and play acting a continuation of the Cold War isn't a viable use of our resources.

Forum List

Back