Zelensky Made No Military Gains in 2023

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023

No, I do not like Putin. But I like pissing away our own money on an unwinnable war even less. Ukraine has proven that without a constant flow of billions of American dollars in support and military hardware, Ukraine cannot defeat Russia. To any sane person, there was never a chance of Ukraine defeating Russia and driving them from Ukraine. Continued American support for Ukraine, a corrupt country with a thousand sticky hands in the western handout jar, is not sustainable. The United States is not at war with Russia. If we want to go to war with Russia over Ukraine, then we need to go to war with Russia. While I think this would be foolhardy on our part, it is the truth.

Given that the Ukraine military cannot go on without our financial help, then our continued funding of Zelensky and his Sticky Fingers Crew makes it absolutely clear that America IS at war with Russia, albeit by proxy. This is not good, and it invites retaliation from Russia and her allies. Moreover, it makes no sense. America needs to use whatever leverage it still has with Ukraine and shove them into a negotiation with Russia, preferably brokered by America, to end this war. And yes, that means ceding land to Russia in the form of the land bridge to Crimea and territory inhabited by majority ethnic Russians. Some peacekeeping forces and no-fly zones will most likely be needed to minimize Russian brutality against Ukrainians.

I take no pleasure in this result. But I take less pleasure in this adventure in Ukraine continuing. But wars happen. Borders shift. That is the way of the world. While we have authoritarian dictators like Putin around, it will continue.

Just one problem...

What makes anyone think Russia would not just push deeper into Ukraine, the moment assistance ends?

Or into the "Stans" or the other former Soviet Republics, including the Baltic ones.

The question is if Europe and the US are willing to go to war over it.

No, I do not like Putin. But I like pissing away our own money on an unwinnable war even less. Ukraine has proven that without a constant flow of billions of American dollars in support and military hardware, Ukraine cannot defeat Russia. To any sane person, there was never a chance of Ukraine defeating Russia and driving them from Ukraine. Continued American support for Ukraine, a corrupt country with a thousand sticky hands in the western handout jar, is not sustainable. The United States is not at war with Russia. If we want to go to war with Russia over Ukraine, then we need to go to war with Russia. While I think this would be foolhardy on our part, it is the truth.

Given that the Ukraine military cannot go on without our financial help, then our continued funding of Zelensky and his Sticky Fingers Crew makes it absolutely clear that America IS at war with Russia, albeit by proxy. This is not good, and it invites retaliation from Russia and her allies. Moreover, it makes no sense. America needs to use whatever leverage it still has with Ukraine and shove them into a negotiation with Russia, preferably brokered by America, to end this war. And yes, that means ceding land to Russia in the form of the land bridge to Crimea and territory inhabited by majority ethnic Russians. Some peacekeeping forces and no-fly zones will most likely be needed to minimize Russian brutality against Ukrainians.

I take no pleasure in this result. But I take less pleasure in this adventure in Ukraine continuing. But wars happen. Borders shift. That is the way of the world. While we have authoritarian dictators like Putin around, it will continue.

The thing is he won't stop with just the Ukraine. He wants the old Soviet/Imperial Russian Empire back.

Just one problem...

What makes anyone think Russia would not just push deeper into Ukraine, the moment assistance ends?
READ: I have no problem with $billions of American tax dollars getting pilfered and pocketed by who knows who, to fund a $billion a week war in complete stalemate.

88f753d5702c49e6.png

Ukraine is currently conscripting 40+ year olds to fight on the front.

The below is from an article in Barron's dated today...

'At the start of the war, "everything was adrenaline-fuelled, in a kind of exaltation..., everyone rushed to fight, so there was no problem" with manpower, said company commander Lieutenant Igor Prokopiak.

"But with time, things calmed down. People had access to social media, they saw the terrible, cruel side of war," the 32-year-old officer noted.

"That initial adrenaline wore off, the brain woke up, fear appeared and, as a result, people began to fear for their lives," he added.

Volkov, the battalion commander, said that civilians "don't really want to join the armed forces," citing his unit's composition of 40 percent over-45s.

"I've seen a lot of young people in civilian life. I don't know why they're not mobilised," he added.

"The state must respond, recruit, replace units, replace people who have already been fighting for two years, including me," Volkov said.'

The Ukrainians may have not made much of a gain this year but neither did the Russians.

In a war that was suppose to be over in a week the fact that the Ukrainians have held out for almost two years and have inflicted serious losses on the Russian forces is just short of a miracle.

Forum List

Back