Ukraine Offensive Has 'Broken Through' Russian Lines

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So, the long-awaited offensive begins..not so well--for Russia:

The mercenary Wagner Group chief Yevgeny Prigozhin has called on Moscow to provide him with 200,000 troops in order to halt the long-promised Ukrainian counteroffensive, as assaults by Kyiv troops reportedly pushed past Russian defensive lines and made ground around the devastated Donetsk city of Bakhmut.
Prigozhin—well-known for his public bravado and criticism of the regular Russian military hierarchy—said in a video posted to his official Telegram channel on Tuesday that his Wagner organization is the only armed force capable of stopping the Ukrainian attack, which officials in Russia and the West say may have now begun.

"I need 200,000 people," Prigozhin said, as quoted in an article by The Moscow Times. "Less than 200,000 on the Luhansk-Donetsk frontline will not cope. We are ready to take full responsibility."

The mercenary Wagner Group chief Yevgeny Prigozhin has called on Moscow to provide him with 200,000 troops in order to halt the long-promised Ukrainian counteroffensive, as assaults by Kyiv troops reportedly pushed past Russian defensive lines and made ground around the devastated Donetsk city of Bakhmut.
Prigozhin—well-known for his public bravado and criticism of the regular Russian military hierarchy—said in a video posted to his official Telegram channel on Tuesday that his Wagner organization is the only armed force capable of stopping the Ukrainian attack, which officials in Russia and the West say may have now begun.

"I need 200,000 people," Prigozhin said, as quoted in an article by The Moscow Times. "Less than 200,000 on the Luhansk-Donetsk frontline will not cope. We are ready to take full responsibility."
This unnecessary conflict could end in 24 hours, if a certain ex KGB Lt. Colonel would put is ego in his back pocket and withdraw Russian troops from the area. His silly idea of recreating the Soviet Union just isn't going to work. It's time to withdraw the troops and let the economic and physical scars (on both sides) heal.

He once sold hot dogs..

Yeah sure.

The Ukranians are getting close to taking the highway north of Bakhmut....which will effectively cut off supplies to that area.

The Ukranians have been focusing on taking high ground with improved tactics, equipment and munitions. The Russians can't withstand the pressure of focused attacks in this way. They aren't having large breaches in the lines....but big enough that it's causing issues.

Which is what the advantages are of a huge military line....impossible to protect all of it against a determined force.

I doubt that Ukranians will hold the ground for long....but long enough to cause massive disruptions in supplies moving around.

The Ukranians are getting close to taking the highway north of Bakhmut....which will effectively cut off supplies to that area.

The Ukranians have been focusing on taking high ground with improved tactics, equipment and munitions. The Russians can't withstand the pressure of focused attacks in this way. They aren't having large breaches in the lines....but big enough that it's causing issues.

Which is what the advantages are of a huge military line....impossible to protect all of it against a determined force.

I doubt that Ukranians will hold the ground for long....but long enough to cause massive disruptions in supplies moving around.
I‘m guessing there isn’t much left of the AFU.

Everyone over estiimated Russias mi!itary and under estimated Ukraines will, including the CIA and Mi6. Chinas military is different in tactics,.they will be very missile heavy in any approach with Taiwan. However, Im guessing their own troop readiness/leadership.structure may be more on par with Russia than say America or even Britain. That is one aspect that may give pause to any ambitions china may have of a forced violent solution to the Taiwan issue.

Last edited:
Everyone over estiimated Russias mi!itary and under estimated Ukraines will, including the CIA and Mi6. Chinas military is different in tactics,.they will be very missile heavy in any approach with Taiwan. However, Im guessing their own troop readiness/leadership.structure may be more on par with Russia than say America or even Britain. That is one aspect that may gkve pause to any ambitions china may have of a forced violent solution to the Taiwan issie.
Yup..

It was a very poor idea to justify the invasion by claiming that there is no such thing as Ukraine.

I‘m guessing there isn’t much left of the AFU.
Oh yes there is....
Lots of troops and munitions on both sides for continuing the war for years and years.
Which actually benefits Ukranians and not Russians.

This is asymmetrical warfare. It's not like WW2 where equally matched armies go head to head. Russia is the larger force.

However, there is no winner in war only one side that loses less. Russia has more to lose. Between the sanctions and their economic depression and the "Mobilization " the people inside Russia are not exactly happy with how things are going. Time is on the Ukranian's side.

Russian War chest is depleting rapidly. Their "cash" reserves are dwindling. I'm foreseeing another sale of precious metals soon....which will be the last of it. (If it hasn't already started)

By this Fall I'm not sure that Russia can afford to pay it's soldiers anymore...or buy more Shaheed drones, or even food for the winter.

Oh yes there is....
Lots of troops and munitions on both sides for continuing the war for years and years.
Which actually benefits Ukranians and not Russians.

This is asymmetrical warfare. It's not like WW2 where equally matched armies go head to head. Russia is the larger force.

However, there is no winner in war only one side that loses less. Russia has more to lose. Between the sanctions and their economic depression and the "Mobilization " the people inside Russia are not exactly happy with how things are going. Time is on the Ukranian's side.

Russian War chest is depleting rapidly. Their "cash" reserves are dwindling. I'm foreseeing another sale of precious metals soon....which will be the last of it. (If it hasn't already started)

By this Fall I'm not sure that Russia can afford to pay it's soldiers anymore...or buy more Shaheed drones, or even food for the winter.
Yeah sure.

No doubt the nazis will be banging on the doors of Moscow any day now. The same gullible folks remain gullible. Sad.

Now that's funny. Russia hires the Wagner group to fight it's wars due to lack of Russian soldiers and now the Wagner group has called on Moscow to provide 200,000 troops.

Forum List

Back