Police arrest man for yelling bible passages at pride parade: Yelling on public property a crime for conservatives

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
Cliffs notes:
- The incident took place on Tuesday morning at a public Pride Month event in Reading

- The man, Damon Atkins, was captured on video in an altercation with police patrolling near the event after he attempted to shout a verse from Corinthians.

- police protected the pride parade from disagreement, "Let them have their day," an officer said to Atkins. "Respect it."

- “You know who's cheering for us? The people that are in hell," the man responded. "So, you do you, and I'm going to do me. This is public property."

- The officer, as seen in the clip, briefly moved to stand between Atkins and the crowd at the event, but turned back as he resumed reading the verse and arrested him.

"That's it. You're done," the officer said.

A few thoughts:
1. why are BLM/Woke people allowed to scream at conservatives, destroy their property, and police stand by, but this is an arrestable offence?
2. This guy should hire a lawyer yesterday and sue the bejesus out of the police dept/city.

Yelling bible verses on public property to protest = GO TO JAIL!

Cliffs notes:
- The incident took place on Tuesday morning at a public Pride Month event in Reading

- The man, Damon Atkins, was captured on video in an altercation with police patrolling near the event after he attempted to shout a verse from Corinthians.

- police protected the pride parade from disagreement, "Let them have their day," an officer said to Atkins. "Respect it."

- “You know who's cheering for us? The people that are in hell," the man responded. "So, you do you, and I'm going to do me. This is public property."

- The officer, as seen in the clip, briefly moved to stand between Atkins and the crowd at the event, but turned back as he resumed reading the verse and arrested him.

A few thoughts:
1. why are BLM/Woke people allowed to scream at conservatives, destroy their property, and police stand by, but this is an arrestable offence?
2. This guy should hire a lawyer yesterday and sue the bejesus out of the police dept/city.

That cop is in DEEEP shit. That is an illegal arrest all the way. He will be lucky if he is only fired.

If he decides to sue he will win as he should.

But people defended the over the top authoritarian police force for years.

Do you see why people are protesting them also?

Cliffs notes:

A few thoughts:

I keep saying it because it's true: There are two sets of laws. One for the Pedos running the Deep State and one for normal, average, working class taxpayers. This is just more evidence.

Cliffs notes:

A few thoughts:

"He was not arrested for reading a bible verse," a police spokesperson told the outlet. "He was arrested for being disorderly. His volume was at a level that he was heckling a preplanned and permitted event. He was given an area he was allowed to protest in, and was asked to keep volume at a level that was not problematic or that was inciting public inconvenience."

Your man is learning that freedom of speech has some limits..

"He was not arrested for reading a bible verse," a police spokesperson told the outlet. "He was arrested for being disorderly. His volume was at a level that he was heckling a preplanned and permitted event. He was given an area he was allowed to protest in, and was asked to keep volume at a level that was not problematic or that was inciting public inconvenience."

Will the police arrest hecklers at President Trump's preplanned event?

The answer is no, and indeed they should not be. People have a right to speak out on the issues, and the fact that this fellow was using the Holy Bible puts another layer on this as Freedom of Religion is guaranteed as well as speech.

This department is going to learn that speech doesn't have a volume clause, and unless they can produce one, they are going to get the shit sued out of them...

Will the police arrest hecklers at President Trump's preplanned event?

The answer is no, and indeed they should not be. People have a right to speak out on the issues, and the fact that this fellow was using the Holy Bible puts another layer on this as Freedom of Religion is guaranteed as well as speech.

Or when the Democrat Antifa folks disrupt a peaceful pro-life meeting.

He will win if he decides to sue. The government does not get to decide for you where you get to protest.

This is why my fellow conservatives falling for the "back the blue" BS is dead wrong. Notice how quick the cop went from "respect them" to arresting him. The cops are like all govt authority: to be side-eyed at all times, even if you believe they're necessary.

I would arrest him, for a Christian man in Pennsylvania has been arrested obnoxious for reading the Bible.
Say thing as the abortion clinics. People praying, ha. Don't you know Christ is dead! More than often its Democrats being protested against.

Last edited:
I would arrest him, for a Christian man in Pennsylvania has been arrested for reading the Bible.
Say thing as the abortion clinics. People praying, ha. Don't you know Christ is dead! More than often its Democrats being protested against.

Why do you think it should be illegal for the people to protest against abortion or homosexuality or other issues of public import?

Not everyone agrees with those ideas at all.

I'd arrest him. Don't you know Christ is dead.
Why do you think it should be illegal for the people to protest against abortion or homosexuality or other issues of public import?

Not everyone agrees with those ideas at all.
I don't care , but people who commit crimes.

Cliffs notes:

A few thoughts:

You have to understand, it's like the document thingy. Trump has them, it's bad. Biden has them, it's good.

For the Progressive the laws and constitution are living and breathing documents that are ever changing, and all based on a Leftist whim.

This why like many Republican voters who want law and order should not trust police. These police will sell out their benefactors all the time for their own self-preservation. These same cops cower with BLM and Antifa. Or will get beat down as a father complaining that his daughter was raped in a lavatory y a male student wearing a dress at a school board meeting. When the time comes give these evil cretins karma. That includes their families.

Cliffs notes:

A few thoughts:

I think you should consider getting a life.

Citation from Pennsylvania Criminal Code...

§ 5503. Disorderly conduct.

(a) Offense defined.--
A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(1) engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior;

(2) makes unreasonable noise;

(3) uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture; or

(4) creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor

(a) Offense defined.--
A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(4) creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor
Can he be fed to the lions?

(a) Offense defined.--

One can make any law they wish. Enforcing them are another thing. The courts have routinely ruled that even flipping off a police officer is protected free speech.

Forum List

Back