Ukraine has lost only 5.9% of its Armored vehicles. Only 4% of its tanks.

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022

To be fair, Russia has lost even less.

I think the problem for Westerners is we cannot conceive how much stockpiled vehicles both sides have. Russia has over 40,000. Ukraine has over 12,000.

Russia's lost about 1% of its equipment, mostly old Soviet.

Ukraine's lost about 6% total.

But Ukraine's losses alone is more than US's entire MBT fleet.

Russia's losses of armored vehicles is 1/3rd of the entire US Bradley motor pool.

So I get that it's fun to claim victory because Russia has lost "so many tanks".

But they've lost 1% of their tanks...lol.

I provided documented proof. So don't argue it and look stupid unless you want to pull a Biden.

Last edited:
Honestly ... I don't think we can depend on accurate information from either side in the conflict until it ends ... and most likely not even then.

Both sides continue to spew commercial quantities of fertilizer and we won't know who is winning or losing until someone finally steps up and admits defeat.

Until then, secularization is pretty futile.

I think the problem for Westerners is we cannot conceive how much stockpiled vehicles both sides have. Russia has over 20,000. Ukraine has over 12,000.

Russia's losses of armored vehicles is 1/3rd of the entire US Bradley motor pool.

So I get that it's fun to claim victory because Russia has lost "so many tanks".

I provided documented proof. So don't argue it and look stupid unless you want to pull a Biden.
Russia's conventional forces are meaningless. In the end, it is all about her nukes and our nukes and everyone else's nukes. The more interesting question is would Washington risk mutually assured destruction over the Ukraine, had Putin decided to make the Ukraine the biggest, flattest parking lot on planet earth. Hard to say. All world leaders these days are out to prove points to one another, it seems. I suppose all the COVID lockdowns made everyone quite randy for war indeed.

• Banned
Honestly ... I don't think we can depend on accurate information from either side in the conflict until it ends ... and most likely not even then.

Both sides continue to spew commercial quantities of fertilizer and we won't know who is winning or losing until someone finally steps up and admits defeat.

Until then, secularization is pretty futile.
I would only depend on this information because each destroyed/captured/failed vehicle is videographically identified.

That means it's a BASELINE FLOOR for accurate reporting.

Could be more destroyed - can't be less.

I think the problem for Westerners is we cannot conceive how much stockpiled vehicles both sides have. Russia has over 40,000. Ukraine has over 12,000.

Hey Russian Troll
Looks like you and I have a lot in common

Neither one of us cares about 15,000 dead Russian Soldiers

Can't hold anywhere for long until you dismount that armor.

Hey Russian Troll
Looks like you and I have a lot in common

Neither one of us cares about 15,000 dead Russian Soldiers
Actually Russian MoD reported about ten times lesser numbers. Anyway, it is 0,01% of their population. Something really insignificant, because they believe that the very existence of Russian nation is on the stake.

Actually Russian MoD reported about ten times lesser numbers. Anyway, it is 0,01% of their population. Something really insignificant, because they believe that the very existence of Russian nation is on the stake.
You Russian Trolls are so funny…..

Pay no attention to 17,000 dead in just one month
We have plenty of live people left

You Russian Trolls are so funny…..

Pay no attention to 17,000 dead in just one month
We have plenty of live people left
Actually, the Russians said, they they lost only 1,500 soldiers. Anyway, it's nothing by the Russian standards. They had lost more than 1.2 million of soldiers in six months of Stalingrad battle. 200,000 KIA per month is a "normal" level of loses.
And that's why it is still an "operation", not even a local or regional war.

Actually, the Russians said, they they lost only 1,500 soldiers. Anyway, it's nothing by the Russian standards. They had lost more than 1.2 million of soldiers in six months of Stalingrad battle. 200,000 KIA per month is a "normal" level of loses.
And that's why it is still an "operation", not even a local or regional war.
If it is no big deal losing thousands of lives, why doesn’t Putin treat them like the heroes they are?

The US reports deaths daily and the media gives a running tally of numbers of deaths. Our soldiers receive a heroes funeral.

Putin bans the reporting of deaths. He sends out mobile crematoriums so they don’t receive a lavish funeral. He won’t tolerate visible daily funerals

Most of those are not operational, and have been cannibalized for decades. There are even picture of giant tank parks on Google Earth, or used to be. Operational tanks are more on the order of 3,000, maybe 5,000 tops. Don't know about Ukraine's armor, but apparently it's adequate enough.

Someone in another thread was making fun of GErmany and Poland sending them old BMP's from the Cold WAr era, as if they were useless; not true. Those old BMP's were built to be very resistant to gas warfare and at the time reported to be better than ours at that task. at least the Warsaw Pact stuff was.. What shape they are in today is anybody's guess, though.

Last edited:
Russia's conventional forces are meaningless. In the end, it is all about her nukes and our nukes and everyone else's nukes. The more interesting question is would Washington risk mutually assured destruction over the Ukraine, had Putin decided to make the Ukraine the biggest, flattest parking lot on planet earth. Hard to say. All world leaders these days are out to prove points to one another, it seems. I suppose all the COVID lockdowns made everyone quite randy for war indeed.

He throws any nukes and he's toast and so is his entire country; there are othere nuuclear powers besides the U.S., and they are a lot more jittery about it than we are. The U.S. doesn't need nukes to wipe out Russia's offensive capabilities, hasn't for a long time now. An attack on the U.S. mainland would do absolutely nothing for Putin; he would gain nothing and lose everything.

Larger early losses only means Russia had the initiative, i.e. attacked first. In any event, they misjudged Ukrainian resolve, and thought they would sweep to victory with little resistance and thus launched an offensive with far less forces than they needed, so now they have to wait and build up, and time isn't on their side. Their arrogance is killing them.

If it is no big deal losing thousands of lives, why doesn’t Putin treat them like the heroes they are?

The US reports deaths daily and the media gives a running tally of numbers of deaths. Our soldiers receive a heroes funeral.

Putin bans the reporting of deaths. He sends out mobile crematoriums so they don’t receive a lavish funeral. He won’t tolerate visible daily funerals
There are plenty of funerals, including state funerals for real heroes. Not everyone who was killed - died like a hero. Many of them, obviously, died because of their own incompetence. Russian mobile crematoriums, AFAIK, are not designed to burn the whole bodies - only medical waste.

Larger early losses only means Russia had the initiative, i.e. attacked first. In any event, they misjudged Ukrainian resolve, and thought they would sweep to victory with little resistance and thus launched an offensive with far less forces than they needed, so now they have to wait and build up, and time isn't on their side. Their arrogance is killing them.
As they said, they preempted Ukrainian offence for less than a week.

There are plenty of funerals, including state funerals for real heroes. Not everyone who was killed - died like a hero. Many of them, obviously, died because of their own incompetence. Russian mobile crematoriums, AFAIK, are not designed to burn the whole bodies - only medical waste.

You should hold a state funeral for EVERY Soldier killed in combat. The families deserve it.

Putin does not want anyone adding up the number of funerals to figure out how many Russian soldiers are dying

You should hold a state funeral for EVERY Soldier killed in combat. The families deserve it.
It is for the Russians to decide. From their point of view, it's not a big deal just to be killed in a battle.
Putin does not want anyone adding up the number of funerals to figure out how many Russian soldiers are dying
It's not "many" from their point of view. Not even close. They lose more in car accidents.

It is for the Russians to decide. From their point of view, it's not a big deal just to be killed in a battle.

It's not "many" from their point of view. Not even close. They lose more in car accidents.
What a bizarre callous society that will not honor or acknowledge their war dead

What a bizarre callous society that will not honor or acknowledge their war dead
They are accustomed to die at wars, and they just don't take it too seriously.

IMG_20220402_195503.jpg

Forum List

Back