Uh-oh......Romney Recall in the works.....lol

Yeah.....they say it's not for Romney but I don't really buy that.

Utah lawmaker files bill to allow recall of sitting U.S. senator

The same should be done in Alaska, Maine and Missouri.....

JO

The trouble is it would have to be a federal law as members of congress hold federal offices not state. California has a recall vote otherwise known as a referendum but it can only affect holders of Califoria state offices.
Many have called for a national referendum in the past and I'm not convinced it would be a bad thing as long as a substantial majority was required, say at least 2/3. Otherwise we'd have people in and out of office like Mexican jumping beans.

Our traditional system of government(republic)is falling apart before our very eyes.

Short of a civil war how can we transition to another form of government?

It is simply no longer possible for our current system of government to continue in an effective manner due to the splintering of the electorate....no one party can accomadate all the various groups that now thanks to our devotion to 'diversity' have emerged...no unity is possible, no democratic form of government will now work in this nation....in fact we are no longer a nation.....as in no national identity....people would rather be considered african, islamic, chinese, pakistani, mexican, canadian, russian etc.etc. than American....as in there is no longer a melting pot --if anyone on here now is familiar with that ancient term.

Is Mitt Romney that guy republicans nominated to be president in 2012??

Good thing republicans won't fall for that again....like they did in 2008...and 2004...and 2000...and 1988....

Point well taken....yes it is endless game isn't it? Favorite child today....red headed step child tommorow. Honestly no matter who they are I think they earn respect if they stay genuine. I respect Bernie.... I think he's a lunatic however he's always Bernie.

Chameleons usually don't have big fan clubs.

Jo
Serious question....why is he a lunatic when most of his policies have majority support among voters??

Be it expanding social security and Medicare -- student loan debt, wall street regulations, consumer protections, stronger labor rights....why would supporting these positions make you a lunatic??

These are the same populist policies Trump ran on but did the exact opposite of -- but since he fed trumpers their much needed amount of trolling and "sticking it to the libs" -- his voters overlook it....so much so that they don't even mind that he is now taking credit for Obamacare and openly talking about cutting social security and Medicare...

Big difference.....Trump is looking at changes that are working models....
Sanders just wants to nuke everything..
You simply cannot do that.

Jo

JO

The trouble is it would have to be a federal law as members of congress hold federal offices not state. California has a recall vote otherwise known as a referendum but it can only affect holders of Califoria state offices.
Many have called for a national referendum in the past and I'm not convinced it would be a bad thing as long as a substantial majority was required, say at least 2/3. Otherwise we'd have people in and out of office like Mexican jumping beans.

Our traditional system of government(republic)is falling apart before our very eyes.

Short of a civil war how can we transition to another form of government?

It is simply no longer possible for our current system of government to continue in an effective manner due to the splintering of the electorate....no one party can accomadate all the various groups that now thanks to our devotion to 'diversity' have emerged...no unity is possible, no democratic form of government will now work in this nation....in fact we are no longer a nation.....as in no national identity....people would rather be considered african, islamic, chinese, pakistani, mexican, canadian, russian etc.etc. than American....as in there is no longer a melting pot --if anyone on here now is familiar with that ancient term.

Excellent post but it scares the s*** out of me I have to admit.

Jo

JO

Actually, it would have to be a constitutional amendment. Hasn't anybody on this thread ever read the Constitution ever read the damn thing?

Representatives and Senators can only be removed by their own chamber. They cannot be recalled by their state, nor can they be impeached.

The Republican Party MUST weed out these back stabbing traitors. Ryan was smart enough to purge himself before the voters did it for him. When is Romney gonna be gone?

If you do that, then all you'll be left with are the hard core right wing Trump supporting crowd. And you'll drive away any independents who might think of voting for your candidates. Not enough of a base to win elections. Ryan was going to get shown the door because he always talked a good, Tea Party game on the deficit while a Democrat was President. When his chance came to do something about it, he whiffed and ended up signing on to help create the largest deficit this country has ever seen. Before he slinked out of town in relative shame, I had thought he might run for President in 2024....but no realistic chance of that right now.
You just made two diametrically opposed points. Please explain how you oppose the ousting of Romney types, yet seem to celebrate the departure of Ryan. The two are interchangeable as far as their records. They both talk like conservatives but govern like liberals. Neither has any intention of keeping the promises they make. Democrats couldn't ask for better allies. One of the things that turn people off to the Republican party are guys like these. I think the party would attract far more people just by being honest and doing what's right for the country. I see no advantage in having half my party working with the enemy. And I disagree that Trump is hard core right wing, I think he's basically just patriotic. He does what he thinks is best for the country. He's fundamentally changing the Rep party for the better imo.

JO
If they won`t goose step with you who needs them? How dare Romney take an oath to defend this country instead of Trump.

14jpTRUMP-master768.jpg

Two elitist republicans lost to a negro. Thus it can be deduced that the White Working Class had rather have a lame ass negro in office than eltitists like romney and mccain. Nuff said. Move along boy...hehheh
This has nothing to do with half of Obama's racial heritage.

It is all about Obama having really bad poll numbers, and huge targets to run against, and Romney gave Obama a pass on all of it, just like the Globalist GOP did in Virginia when they refused to campaign on Northams Klanhood photo.

Globalist GOP are losers against Democrats by INTENT. They only fight to beat conservative Republicans, no one else to their left.

JO

Actually, it would have to be a constitutional amendment. Hasn't anybody on this thread ever read the Constitution ever read the damn thing?

Representatives and Senators can only be removed by their own chamber. They cannot be recalled by their state, nor can they be impeached.

It's going to be an interesting debate...
It stands to reason that they should have some way to hold them accountable.....

Jo

JO

Wow...you guys want to invalidate an election?

No. I guess you can't see the difference between a person being recalled by the people who voted for him and a person being impeached by the people who didn't vote for him (because they didn't like the outcome).

The Republican Party MUST weed out these back stabbing traitors. Ryan was smart enough to purge himself before the voters did it for him. When is Romney gonna be gone?
With Ryan we knew it was coming. A waste of two precious years. Boehner begat Ryan. And if McCarthy takes over, there was a rumor several years ago he was not much different. But rumors are just that.

With Ryan we knew it was coming. A waste of two precious years. Boehner begat Ryan. And if McCarthy takes over, there was a rumor several years ago he was not much different. But rumors are just that.
Even if McCarthy is no different, Romney still needs to go. The message needs to be sent that Republicans won't tolerate Democrats posing as Republicans.

Forum List

Back