U.S. Marines Urinating On Taliban Video Brings Criminal Charges

They won't be dishonorably discharged for pissing on that piece of shit book, shithead.

Sorry to disappoint you.

On the contrary -

They're probably being "High 5'd" in the barracks right now.
They will be dishonorably discharged for video taping themselves pissing on the bodies of dead Taliban. They are most likely scared shitless right now, because their CO's have tossed them under the bus to save themselves.

They won't be dishonorably discharged.
We'll see:)

I'm now interested to know what happens.

The min. this video came out their military careers were over. Most likely the charges will be quietly dismissed and they will be dishonorably discharged, which is what should happen.

Getting a Dishonorable discharge is harder than you might think, you would have to pull some treason shit to get that. A friend of mine fucked up and sold weed when he was stationed at Los Angeles Air Base and he got a Bad Conduct discharge, and I think what he did was worse than what these Marines did. Warrior is correct, these guys are getting high fived right now.

A dishonorable discharge follows you the rest of your life. Most CO's understand this and if they can get you out without ruining your life, they will. However if for whatever reason your CO doesn't like you or is upset enough with you, you can bet you will be dishonorably discharged. The charges will be dropped, but these men embarrassed their CO's and the uniform they wear, on a global scale. They will be dishonorably discharged.

CO's don't award Dishonorable Discharges - idiot. That's what a court martial is for.

Getting a Dishonorable discharge is harder than you might think, you would have to pull some treason shit to get that. A friend of mine fucked up and sold weed when he was stationed at Los Angeles Air Base and he got a Bad Conduct discharge, and I think what he did was worse than what these Marines did. Warrior is correct, these guys are getting high fived right now.

A dishonorable discharge follows you the rest of your life. Most CO's understand this and if they can get you out without ruining your life, they will. However if for whatever reason your CO doesn't like you or is upset enough with you, you can bet you will be dishonorably discharged. The charges will be dropped, but these men embarrassed their CO's and the uniform they wear, on a global scale. They will be dishonorably discharged.

CO's don't award Dishonorable Discharges - idiot. That's what a court martial is for.

Who said they do?

Who said they do?

You said their CO's tossed them under the bus, even if that were true the CO's don't have a say in what type of discharge it is.

Who said they do?

You said their CO's tossed them under the bus, even if that were true the CO's don't have a say in what type of discharge it is.

They don't have a direct say, however I'm assuming you've served, so you understand that your CO's word holds a lot of sway. If they defend you, or distance themselves from you, matters.

I also think a dishonorable discharge will be given to appease the gerenal public, as it would be global news and global embarrassment once again, if we were seen as letting them off scott free.

Last edited:
Who said they do?

They don't have a direct say, however I'm assuming you've served, so you understand that your CO's word holds a lot of sway. If they defend you, or distance themselves from you, matters.

I also think a dishonorable discharge will be given to appease the gerenal public, as it would be global news and global embarrassment once again, if we were seen as letting them off scott free.

Appease what general public? I don't see anyone complaining about these Marines pissing on those Taliban pieces of shit, as a matter a fact most people had completely forgotten about this until this article came out.

Appease what general public? I don't see anyone complaining about these Marines pissing on those Taliban pieces of shit, as a matter a fact most people had completely forgotten about this until this article came out.

It will be forgotten once again as long as they are seen as having been punished. If they get off, the story will be picked up and make headline again.

You act as if this wasn't a global story, it wasn't just confined to American tv.It was splashed everywhere and it was (no matter what some Americans think) an embarrassment for our armed forces.

It will be forgotten once again as long as they are seen as having been punished. If they get off, the story will be picked up and make headline again.

You act as if this wasn't a global story, it wasn't just confined to American tv.It was splashed everywhere and it was (no matter what some Americans think) an embarrassment for our armed forces.

So? I don't give a fuck what foreigners think of our troops.

So? I don't give a fuck what foreigners think of our troops.

No one said you had to.

They need to drop these ridiculous charges.

r-MARINES-URINATING-TALIBAN-VIDEO-large570.jpg

Depending on who they get as a jury they may get off. This is trivial and political. The extra charges are just an attempt to get them for something. What they did is stupid, especially allowing it to be video taped. But it is not criminal even in the Marine Corps.

I agree video taping this wasn't the brightest idea however putting these men on trial and basically ruinining their lives and careers over this is insane.

Whether they get off or not their careers are over. The Politics see to that.

Depending on who they get as a jury they may get off. This is trivial and political. The extra charges are just an attempt to get them for something. What they did is stupid, especially allowing it to be video taped. But it is not criminal even in the Marine Corps.

I agree video taping this wasn't the brightest idea however putting these men on trial and basically ruinining their lives and careers over this is insane.

The min. this video came out their military careers were over. Most likely the charges will be quietly dismissed and they will be dishonorably discharged, which is what should happen.

One can NOT be dishonorably discharged with out a conviction in a Court Martial. And they did nothing that rates that. But figures you would think so.

Whether they get off or not their careers are over. The Politics see to that.

Oh yeah their Military careers are done, too much PC damage.

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Two U.S. Marines, both of them staff sergeants, are facing criminal charges over their roles in a video showing American troops urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, the Marine Corps said on Monday.

Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, who were referred to trial by court martial, also face charges for failing to properly prevent or report misconduct of junior Marines, which included indiscriminate firing of weapons.

I don't see in your link exactly what criminal charges they are facing. Please explain.

HG, read these alleged actions and tell me you don't think they should be punished.
Staff Sgt. Joseph Chamblin and Staff Sgt. Edward Deptola were charged last week with violating several sections of the code for their actions in Afghanistan's Helmand province July 27, 2011, including not reporting that grenade launcher discharged accidentally, Stars and Stripes reported Monday.

Other charges filed Friday against Chamblin and Deptola, both with the Camp Lejeune, N.C.-based 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, include dereliction of duty for failing to properly supervise junior Marines, failing to stop indiscriminate firing of weapons, and failing to stop and report the misconduct of junior Marines, Marine spokesman Col. Sean Gibson said.

Marines charged for urinating on corpses - Businessweek

WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Two U.S. Marines, both of them staff sergeants, are facing criminal charges over their roles in a video showing American troops urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, the Marine Corps said on Monday.

Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, who were referred to trial by court martial, also face charges for failing to properly prevent or report misconduct of junior Marines, which included indiscriminate firing of weapons.

I don't see in your link exactly what criminal charges they are facing. Please explain.

They probably haven't figured out what it is they supposedly did to break the UCMJ. At the end they will be charged with dereliction of Duty and conduct unbecoming, with 134 thrown in to catch something to convict.

And if they get Marines that served they probably get off.

One can NOT be dishonorably discharged with out a conviction in a Court Martial. And they did nothing that rates that. But figures you would think so.

And nothing anyone has said has changed my mind :)

It said in the headline they face criminal charges.

And nothing anyone has said has changed my mind :)

That may be the case you are still 100% wrong on this one.

Forum List

Back