U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

So what that there were police standing there? That didn't stop Trump's thugs from smashing in doors or windows, nor did it stop Ashli Targetpractice from entering the Speaker's Lobby.

So now you people think it’s okay for police to open fire on thugs (protestors) when they are smashing windows and doors? Thank you for seeing the light!

Since you want to compare ... show others breaking into a secured restricted area of the U.S. Capitol, where lawmakers' lives were in danger, who weren't shot...?
I'd like to know why some Capital Police were letting protesters into the building, Faun. Is it really breaking and entering when someone opens the door for you? Is the reason that Nancy Pelosi doesn't want someone asking the tough questions during this investigation that she and others allowed this to happen because they knew they could use it politically?

We will burn every city down unless they win!

At least we’ll learn the name of the murderer.

So far..nobody has burned anything. That's libs, blm and antifa's job.

So should every liberal protest where people shouted things out that appeared to be calls for violence have led to their being arrested and charged as if they actually DID those things? That's what you on the left have done in this case!
Should every liberal politician who used language that could be construed (under your new views!) as calling for violence be charged with "insurrection"? Because trust me...I can show a LOT more of those than the few examples that you on the left have trotted out to try and make this violent protest MORE than it ever was!
They were looking to assassinate the vice president of the United States while breaking into the Capitol building where they knew he was. What "Liberal protest" can you cite on par with that?

So now you people think it’s okay for police to open fire on thugs (protestors) when they are smashing windows and doors? Thank you for seeing the light!
If they are doing so to gain access to a secured restricted area where peoples' lives are in danger, yes.

I'd like to know why some Capital Police were letting protesters into the building, Faun. Is it really breaking and entering when someone opens the door for you? Is the reason that Nancy Pelosi doesn't want someone asking the tough questions during this investigation that she and others allowed this to happen because they knew they could use it politically?
Capitol police did all they could to keep Trump's thugs out of the Capitol. Unfortunately, they were vastly out numbered, getting beat up, and couldn't contain them. At some point, they stopped trying to keep them out and retreated and in a few cases, even held doors open. Cops who did that were suspended.

Funny how that was not the finding of those medical experts who testified in that murderer's trial. The jury believed THEM over you. Imagine that.
they didn't say what he died from, but did indicate he had too many drugs in his system, and overdose can happen when that occurs. You can't prove he didn't die of an overdose, I can prove he had that many drugs in his system by the autopsy for it to happen.

If they are doing so to gain access to a secured restricted area where peoples' lives are in danger, yes.

Based on that logic, then those that were trying to scale the White House fence in June 2020 during the BLM protests in DC should have been fired upon.

"....should every liberal protest where people shouted things out that appeared to be calls for violence have led to their being arrested and charged as if they actually DID those things?"
Well, I would hope not.
But that scenario is different.

Let's clarify it for you poster Oldestyle: How many of those arrested on January 6th were arrested and charged only for shouting out mean stuff? threatening stuff?
Or, were those who were arrested charged for doing something else a tad more serious?

If you can give the forum some numbers on those arrested for shouting and nothing else.....and maybe name the names (they should be on that updated daily Business Insider link)....well, then I would stand corrected.
And be content that I learned something new.

Batter up, Oldestyle
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So now you people think it’s okay for police to open fire on thugs (protestors) when they are smashing windows and doors?"
It depends.
So much of life depends upon...."it depends".
I'm sure you know that.

Let me illustrate: Say you are a cop in the Walgreen's store in Cedar Rapids, there to protect the clerks and owner from an impolite mob outside. The doors are locked, even barricaded, yet there are mokes outside smashing at the glass, shouting rude stuff at you. You warn them to cease, to go away. After all, you are a cop, with a badge and all that stuff.

But they persist.......hammering, hammering, You draw your weapon and aim it at the window being smashed. They acknowledge there is a gun pointed in their direction. yet, they continue hammering, hammering. You shout loudly and sincerely a warning.......for them to go away.
And then the glass comes down....and into the breach jumps a moke in a threatening manner.

The import of that little incident could be answered with....."it depends".
Depends on if he warned them.
Depends on if they knew he warned them.
Depends on their continuing on despite the warning.
Depends on whether the Cedar Rapids cop.....hit what he needed to aim for.

Get the picture, poster LeftofLeft?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'd like to know why some Capital Police were letting protesters into the building...... Is it really breaking and entering when someone opens the door for you?"

Good question. I'm somewhat confident that question will be answered in some detail in the upcoming Select Committee investigating the January 6 invasion of our Capitol.
However, before then let us ask poster Oldestyle just how important it was for some cops to step aside at the door when they were confronting the rioters. Was it a safety issue for their lives? More importantly, how many invaders came in through those doors? 5? 105? I ask because there is some reportage that the FBI has estimated about 900 got inside the Capitol complex itself. So, out of that reported 900 who got in because a cop opened a door? How many came in through smashed doors and windows or some other unauthorized breach?

Maybe you could do this, poster Oldestyle....rather than just flail away anonymously on the internet........you could send an email to your Representative and ask him/her to submit that very question to the Select Committee.
Perhaps then you could feel as if you are participating in the pursuit of justice.

Good luck.
And let us know his/her response, if you don't mind.

Based on that logic, then those that were trying to scale the White House fence in June 2020 during the BLM protests in DC should have been fired upon.
Except no one was trying to scale a White House fence. :eusa_doh:

like to know why some Capital Police were letting protesters into the building, Faun. Is it really breaking and entering when someone opens the door for you?
We have video of the rioters breaking down doors, breaking windows and crawling through them, and violently pushing their way through police lines and assaulting police officers.

You do know we have video of this, right? So what is with your desperate horseshit?

Well, I would hope not.
But that scenario is different.

Let's clarify it for you poster Oldestyle: How many of those arrested on January 6th were arrested and charged only for shouting out mean stuff? threatening stuff?
Or, were those who were arrested charged for doing something else a tad more serious?

If you can give the forum some numbers on those arrested for shouting and nothing else.....and maybe name the names (they should be on that updated daily Business Insider link)....well, then I would stand corrected.
And be content that I learned something new.

Batter up, Oldestyle
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It depends.
So much of life depends upon...."it depends".
I'm sure you know that.

Let me illustrate: Say you are a cop in the Walgreen's store in Cedar Rapids, there to protect the clerks and owner from an impolite mob outside. The doors are locked, even barricaded, yet there are mokes outside smashing at the glass, shouting rude stuff at you. You warn them to cease, to go away. After all, you are a cop, with a badge and all that stuff.

But they persist.......hammering, hammering, You draw your weapon and aim it at the window being smashed. They acknowledge there is a gun pointed in their direction. yet, they continue hammering, hammering. You shout loudly and sincerely a warning.......for them to go away.
And then the glass comes down....and into the breach jumps a moke in a threatening manner.

The import of that little incident could be answered with....."it depends".
Depends on if he warned them.
Depends on if they knew he warned them.
Depends on their continuing on despite the warning.
Depends on whether the Cedar Rapids cop.....hit what he needed to aim for.

Get the picture, poster LeftofLeft?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good question. I'm somewhat confident that question will be answered in some detail in the upcoming Select Committee investigating the January 6 invasion of our Capitol.
However, before then let us ask poster Oldestyle just how important it was for some cops to step aside at the door when they were confronting the rioters. Was it a safety issue for their lives? More importantly, how many invaders came in through those doors? 5? 105? I ask because there is some reportage that the FBI has estimated about 900 got inside the Capitol complex itself. So, out of that reported 900 who got in because a cop opened a door? How many came in through smashed doors and windows or some other unauthorized breach?

Maybe you could do this, poster Oldestyle....rather than just flail away anonymously on the internet........you could send an email to your Representative and ask him/her to submit that very question to the Select Committee.
Perhaps then you could feel as if you are participating in the pursuit of justice.

Good luck.
And let us know his/her response, if you don't mind.
The majority of them seem to have been arrested for trespass. Since when is THAT a crime where one is denied bail? Yet the majority of those arrested are still in jail awaiting trial. Can you explain that to me? Are these people flight risks? Are they a danger to society if they're out on bail? The majority of them don't have criminal records yet they're denied bail for trespass? That's absurd!

As for how many were simply let into the building by Capital Police? I have no idea! I have watched video of that happening so I know that it did in fact happen. So how does this work exactly...you invite some people into the building but then charge other people with trespass when they come in?

Last edited:
We have video of the rioters breaking down doors, breaking windows and crawling through them, and violently pushing their way through police lines and assaulting police officers.

You do know we have video of this, right? So what is with your desperate horseshit?
And I have video of Capital Police opening doors and letting protesters into the Capital Building. How did THAT happen, Fort? WHY did that happen? Some police are letting protesters in while others are shooting unarmed protesters for trying to get in? Who was in charge of this fiasco?

The majority of them seem to have been arrested for trespass. Since when is THAT a crime where one is denied bail?
Haha, nice little bait and switch attempt there. Are you claiming that people arrested only for trespassing were denied bail? A simple yes or no will do.

And I have video of Capital Police opening doors and letting protesters into the Capital Building. How did THAT happen, Fort? WHY did that happen? Some police are letting protesters in while others are shooting unarmed protesters for trying to get in? Who was in charge of this fiasco?
No one was let into the House chamber while lawmakers were still inside.

I've been to DC on. Vacation with my son....
And as an electrician, friends with general contractors, I know for a fact that every single gnat having illicit sex in the most secluded broom closet in the least known alleyway is recoded and reviewed by several branches of the Government simultaneously while it is happening.

So...

How exactly did these protesters get past the barricades and the locked doors and live policemen?

Because honestly I know of two idiots who were told to NOT go on the roof without permission....if they needed to it was fine but that they needed permission FIRST.

The dummies thought that we were kidding apparently as the Secret Service called us to ask us to detain these guys by their names and detailed descriptions of their clothes...down to the color of thread used for the buttons on their shirts under their coats. They were wanted for questioning as we had never asked for permission for them to be on the roof. And our building wasn't a Government building...it was one of the few private ones.

We never saw those idiots again.

With violence. We literally have it on video.
I have yet to see the video...
And I know that Washington DC leaks like a seive....

If you have the video post up a link.

I've seen ones with the shouting and yelling...that's not violence...that's just the obnoxious part of a protest.

The lady stealing laptops? Obviously she was not where she should have been. So obviously she went past visible barricades and possibly busted through some doors.

I'm just having a hard time believing that an angry group of protesters got where they did. DC has protestS every single day....

EVERY SINGLE DAY...

What made that day unique?

Forum List

Back