U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

I have yet to see the video...
And I know that Washington DC leaks like a seive....

If you have the video post up a link.

I've seen ones with the shouting and yelling...that's not violence...that's just the obnoxious part of a protest.

The lady stealing laptops? Obviously she was not where she should have been. So obviously she went past visible barricades and possibly busted through some doors.

I'm just having a hard time believing that an angry group of protesters got where they did. DC has protestS every single day....

EVERY SINGLE DAY...

What made that day unique?
Seriously? You've not seen this?

There's a ton of video of the kid in Wisconsin in the riots... pretty clear that he was shooting in self defense...but the question is one of legalities...prudence? He was a dumbass for getting involved...but I do understand why a teenager like himself would do it.

But the point is that there are dozens of videos of him before, during, and after.

Washington has cameras that make cell phone footage look like cell phone footage. They have great views.

Seriously? You've not seen this?

Nope.... hadn't seen that one. But it also looked like there was a handful of bad guys in and amongst a bunch of grumpy old men. And where the mob was past the barricades (kinda shocking) most of the riot gear police were still holding up at the door entrance. They weren't exactly using the entrance effectively... obviously not trained to do riot work.

But that door entrance is covered in cameras from several angles. What you linked to is cell phone footage.

I'm smelling a cover up.

@Fort Fun Indiana
Nope.... hadn't seen that one. But it also looked like there was a handful of bad guys in and amongst a bunch of grumpy old men. And where the mob was past the barricades (kinda shocking) most of the riot gear police were still holding up at the door entrance. They weren't exactly using the entrance effectively... obviously not trained to do riot work.

But that door entrance is covered in cameras from several angles. What you linked to is cell phone footage.

I'm smelling a cover up.
What do you think is being covered up?

Not quite the same as being just feet from the chambers.
Oh Jesus you people have transformed the Capitol into some elevated hallowed building. Where were you when radical Leftists were trying to blow it up or when a deranged Bernie Sanders supporter didn’t like the outcome of the Election and shot up a bunch of Republican officeholders of your hallowed chambers. On Jan 6, Vandals got through, overstepped their grounds, one got shot and killed. Business was restored in the chambers.

the good news is now you people should now understand when and why an out of control protestor gets shot by the police.

Oh Jesus you people have transformed the Capitol into some elevated hallowed building.
Ah yes, put on your little drama queen act. See how far it gets you.

You can put on your little act (not very convincing). But people generally understand what a serious and embarrassing event it was for this country when 100s of hillbillies tried to prevent our peaceful transition of power.

So embarrass yourself all you like.

Haha, nice little bait and switch attempt there. Are you claiming that people arrested only for trespassing were denied bail? A simple yes or no will do.
I'm "claiming" that the majority of the people arrested for the riot have been kept in jail...most in solitary confinement for over 7 months now! Why is that?

I'm "claiming" that the majority of the people arrested for the riot have been kept in jail...most in solitary confinement for over 7 months now! Why is that?
Ah yes, walk it back. A majority, eh? The majority was denied bail? I guess that's the next made up nonsense you will be walking back.

I didn't say they were let into the House "Chamber"...I said they were let into the House. Why did that happen?
Moron, you compared police letting some protesters into the building while shooting Ashli Targetpractice. But Benedict Babbitt wasn't shot for entering the building. She was already in the building and not shot for being in it. She was shot for trying to lead a mob to get into the House chamber.

Which is why I pointed out no one was let into the House chamber. To highlight the absurdity of your comparison.

All the more reason to investigate.
Ok...just from someone who is A-political...

I know that many on the left are screaming to defund the police...but I think that the incompetence of the DC police is an example of what happens when you do that. Those sorts of doorways are made for defending exactly what was happening...but they didn't really utilize them effectively or with enough police...the old guys in the crowd started to protect the officers in the video you showed.

So obviously something else more was going on. I don't know what...I guarantee you that the masked thugs are incarcerated already. Too many high resolution cameras to not know who they are.

But when the video stopped the doorway wasn't breached yet...so something more must have happened beyond that.

Where were their backups?
Why wasn't teargas/pepper smoke used?

There's a lot they could have done...but either they were unprepared or untrained or ill equipped something. Where were their supervisors?

There's a lot going on in my mind that they just didn't do. They haven't treated any of the riots judiciously in my view. No water cannons... nothing. Not at DC or Seattle or Portland or anywhere else.

A lot of people and businesses were destroyed by all the riots.

It's all just a shame...the police need more training, equipment and procedures...that all takes money. Better leadership too.

Ok...just from someone who is A-political...

I know that many on the left are screaming to defund the police...but I think that the incompetence of the DC police is an example of what happens when you do that. Those sorts of doorways are made for defending exactly what was happening...but they didn't really utilize them effectively or with enough police...the old guys in the crowd started to protect the officers in the video you showed.

So obviously something else more was going on. I don't know what...I guarantee you that the masked thugs are incarcerated already. Too many high resolution cameras to not know who they are.

But when the video stopped the doorway wasn't breached yet...so something more must have happened beyond that.

Where were their backups?
Why wasn't teargas/pepper smoke used?

There's a lot they could have done...but either they were unprepared or untrained or ill equipped something. Where were their supervisors?

There's a lot going on in my mind that they just didn't do. They haven't treated any of the riots judiciously in my view. No water cannons... nothing. Not at DC or Seattle or Portland or anywhere else.

A lot of people and businesses were destroyed by all the riots.

It's all just a shame...the police need more training, equipment and procedures...that all takes money. Better leadership too.
Can you post evidence that the Capitol police were defunded?

but I think that the incompetence of the DC police is an example of what happens when you do that
I don't understand this line here.

So, are you saying they should have seen it coming? And then what..gas em and whack em? Or are you saying they should have shot more of them? What are you suggesting about their incompetence? Not that i am saying they are 100% competent. I am just curious what you think should have been different? I was surprised by the riot. Werent you?

Forum List

Back