Tying Stimulus to Vaccines

For or Against: Should we tie the next round of COVID relief direct payments to getting vaccinated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com

why don’t you just give them full access to everything you have?

Why don't you explain what you mean?

Hello.

Smerconish had a great poll question on his site and I wanted to get our board's input.

Essentially it goes like this. When we have our second round of stimulus tie getting your direct payment from the Government to whether you have taken one of the vaccines. The amount being talked about is $1,500. For a family of four, that is $6,000.

www.Smerconish.com

Sure, take the Red pill or we don’t help you survive
Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

You want to force the underprivileged into taking the vaccine, so while you’re at it, just give them everything you have, that’s what this is about...

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com
Sounds like a good idea to me. Otherwise half or more of these bloody tRumplings won't get it.
I won't get it at all, now have a nice day. Just likevi don't wear a mask.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Sure, take the Red pill or we don’t help you survive
Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

You want to force the underprivileged into taking the vaccine, so while you’re at it, just give them everything you have, that’s what this is about...

If you had read what I wrote I come down against the idea. But I thought it was interesting none the less.

Good idea, lets see how quick the needle penetrates the tinfoil.
Nice.

My thing is this. Any 2 choice plank pretty much creates 4 scenarios.

You want the check but not the shot
You want the shot but not the check
You want both the shot and the check
You want neither the shot or the check

I think a winning position is this?

If the shot is made available in 1/1/2021 for example.
If you get the shot between 1/1/2021 to 6/1/2021, you get a stimulus check
After that....you can get the shot but no check.

The idea is to get the population inoculated. If it's framed that way...I think it works better. Just either/or is too coercive as far as it goes. My "no" is a soft no.
So you want Trump's vaccine?

Nice.

The idea is to get the population inoculated. If it's framed that way...I think it works better. Just either/or is too coercive as far as it goes. My "no" is a soft no.
I will take the vaccine. Trump gets no credit for it per your rule about Presidents not getting credit for anything they didn't do personally (re: Obama getting Osama). So sorry.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Yeah, it was a Politician that proposed that idea on his show and made the argument that if you tie the check to getting vaccinated you would get most Americans immunized from Covid...

I disagree with the idea and you will have many Americans still reject the the vaccine because of false news and then reject the check.

Now I will be vaccinated after a period of time and do not need to be bribed into getting the vaccine and I believe if you must bribe someone into getting it then that is a bad thing which is telling me our society is only doing it for the money and not for what is good for society...

Nice.

I will take the vaccine. Trump gets no credit for it per your rule about Presidents not getting credit for anything they didn't do personally (re: Obama getting Osama). So sorry.

Actually Candy Trump and is Administration deserve the credit for Warp Speed and had it not been for Warp Speed we may not know how far along we would be on the vaccine front.

I hate giving Trump and his admin any credit but they do deserve it here...

Nice.

Actually Candy Trump and is Administration deserve the credit for Warp Speed and had it not been for Warp Speed we may not know how far along we would be on the vaccine front.

And I think Obama should have gotten credit for killing Osama. Just like Presidents throughout the centuries have gotten credit for decisions and policies even though they didn't physically take part in the moon landings or D-Day or fighting the Civil War or integrating the schools.... But for some reason, the right wingers on here decided that Obama got no credit. So it isn't my fault that we can't give Trump credit for the vaccine. It's theirs.

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

Yeah, it was a Politician that proposed that idea on his show and made the argument that if you tie the check to getting vaccinated you would get most Americans immunized from Covid...

I disagree with the idea and you will have many Americans still reject the the vaccine because of false news and then reject the check.

Now I will be vaccinated after a period of time and do not need to be bribed into getting the vaccine and I believe if you must bribe someone into getting it then that is a bad thing which is telling me our society is only doing it for the money and not for what is good for society...

As far as that goes, we incentivize behavior all the time. Americans get tax credits for children. Veterans get the GI Bill. You get a credit for home improvements that save energy I believe. Charitable contributions are tax deductible. If the argument is that it's a bad thing to incentivize getting a vaccine...I don't think you have a leg to stand on in that argument.

However, in the next breath, I'll say that in this case of the vaccine, you'll likely cause shortages with people who are highly motivated to get these checks, you may get people having fist fights if (more like when) there is a rumor that there may be a deadline. Plus something about this is just ghoulish I think. And, I don't know if it's in the piece from USA Today or not that I put in the OP...there will be a lot of tracking that goes on too. So there is that as well.

So I come down on the side of this being a bad idea...but as bad ideas from Washington go, this isn't the worst.

Nice.

And I think Obama should have gotten credit for killing Osama. Just like Presidents throughout the centuries have gotten credit for decisions and policies even though they didn't physically take part in the moon landings or D-Day or fighting the Civil War or integrating the schools.... But for some reason, the right wingers on here decided that Obama got no credit. So it isn't my fault that we can't give Trump credit for the vaccine. It's theirs.

Again, as much as I hate to give Trump and his administration credit, well they deserve it even with Trump wild ass stupidity.

As for the call to execute Osama, well Obama should be given credit for it but let me state when we invaded Pakistan without permission to kill Osama it caused a major issue with Pakistan and the U.S. but let me repeat Obama get the credit for the call...

Hello.

www.Smerconish.com

As far as that goes, we incentivize behavior all the time. Americans get tax credits for children. Veterans get the GI Bill. You get a credit for home improvements that save energy I believe. Charitable contributions are tax deductible. If the argument is that it's a bad thing to incentivize getting a vaccine...I don't think you have a leg to stand on in that argument.

However, in the next breath, I'll say that in this case of the vaccine, you'll likely cause shortages with people who are highly motivated to get these checks, you may get people having fist fights if (more like when) there is a rumor that there may be a deadline. Plus something about this is just ghoulish I think. And, I don't know if it's in the piece from USA Today or not that I put in the OP...there will be a lot of tracking that goes on too. So there is that as well.

So I come down on the side of this being a bad idea...but as bad ideas from Washington go, this isn't the worst.

I have a leg to stand on seeing we really do not give incentives to vaccinate already and we punish when we do not vaccinate our children or that used to be the case and how do I know this?

You might not be old enough but if you are check your arm for the old Polio Vaccination Mark that should be on either your left or right shoulder and do you know I do not have one?

This is how people know I was not born in the States because I lack the scaring from the shot and never had it as a infant or early childhood.

I was in third grade when it was discovered I was never vaccinated for Polio and Will County School District was going to expel me unless I was vaccinated which my Uncle who was raising did it immediately.

So no I do not believe incentives should be given when you know it is the correct course of action and instead people should be fined and denied access to society until they vaccinate or just leave the country because I do not want the taxpayer paying for more bad behavior to those that should know better.

Again, as much as I hate to give Trump and his administration credit, well they deserve it even with Trump wild ass stupidity.

As for the call to excite Osama, well Obama should be given credit for it but let me state when we invaded Pakistan without permission to kill Osama it caused a major issue with Pakistan and the U.S. but let me repeat Obama get the credit for the call...
Couldn't agree with you more. Its my own personal Biden rule. A rule made up by people I don't respect in the least to f'over the same.

I have a leg to stand on seeing we really do not give incentives to vaccinate already and we punish when we do not vaccinate our children or that used to be the case and how do I know this? You might not be old enough but if you are check your arm for the old Polio Vaccination Mark that should be on either your left or right shoulder and do you know I do not have one? This is how people know I was not born in the States because I lack the scaring from the shot and never had it as a infant or early childhood.
I was in third grade when it was discovered I was never vaccinated for Polio and Will County School District was going to expel me unless I was vaccinated which my Uncle who was raising did it immediately.

So no I do not believe incentives should be given when you know it is the correct course of action and instead people should be fined and denied access to society until they vaccinate or just leave the country because I do not want the taxpayer paying for more bad behavior to those that should know better.
I was just speaking about the concept of the "bribe" as you put it. We're not bribing someone to get a vaccine shot unless you think we're also "bribing" someone to have kids, or "bribing" them to put solar panels on their house or "bribing" someone to join the military.

I think this is over the line myself. What's next? "Bribing"/"Incentivizing" blood donation on a federal level? "Bribing"/"Incentivizing" someone to sell their kidney? Its ghoulish which is why I come down on the "no" side. But, as I said, as government schemes go, this isn't the worst idea ever.

I voted no and I`ll get the vaccine. Let the Trumpkins die and the sooner the better. I think the Covid should be sold over the counter after the people with IQs are vaccinated.

Nice.

If Trump didn't get rid of the regulations we wouldn't have the vaccine. A democrat president wouldn't have done it. As to Obama getting bin laden, he waited over 6 months to give the go to kill him.

Nice.

If Trump didn't get rid of the regulations we wouldn't have the vaccine. A democrat president wouldn't have done it. As to Obama getting bin laden, he waited over 6 months to give the go to kill him.

Speculation. The rule you created was that presidents don't get credit unless they physically did it. So the blob gets no credit at all. zippo.

Nice.

Speculation. The rule you created was that presidents don't get credit unless they physically did it. So the blob gets no credit at all. zippo.
He physically got rid of the regulations that hold back medicines, if he didn't do that. There would be no vaccine. Trump is the man!.

Nice.

He physically got rid of the regulations that hold back medicines, if he didn't do that. There would be no vaccine. Trump is the man!.

Sorry, he wasn't in the lab doing anything just like Obama gave the order to kill the #1 terrorist in the world but wasn't on the strike team. If we can't give Obama credit, we can't give your blob credit.

Hey, it's your rule. You should live with it. The Cheeto gets Cheet-no credit.

Nice.

Sorry, he wasn't in the lab doing anything just like Obama gave the order to kill the #1 terrorist in the world but wasn't on the strike team. If we can't give Obama credit, we can't give your blob credit.

Well considering laden was on kidney dialysis when 911 happened, he was more than likely dead years before Obama killed him. If Trump didn't do what he did you would be complaining he didn't do anything. So when you get your dose of the vaccine, you can thank Trump for it.

Nice.

Well considering laden was on kidney dialysis when 911 happened, he was more than likely dead years before Obama killed him. If Trump didn't do what he did you would be complaining he didn't do anything. So when you get your dose of the vaccine, you can thank Trump for it.

Ahh, yet another conspiracy theory rears it's ugly head. I don't know why you hate the military and are accusing the Navy SEALs of lying about killing him. I guess you love the blob so much that tossing the military under the bus is no big deal.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Forum List

Back