Ty Cobb - was he really a good guy?

Cobb was an asshole

You and i never met the man and since everybody is a liar, it's tough to say what he was like.
Who among Cobb's contemporaries attended his funeral? Who mourned him dead? Cobb burned every bridge and probably a few crosses too.
Read the articled posted in the OP. It offers considerable FACTUAL data on Cobb, some of which refutes your opinion of him.
problem is with that propaganda piece in that link there is like i said before,I have seen a pic at this other message board i post at where it refutes that show an actual pic of him extending his leg out sliding into the catcher to purposely hurt him.:biggrin:

unlike agents jakey snakey and rightwinger,I dont lie either as you well know.this weekend when I have the time, I will try and find that pic and post it here.

as promised here is the pic I said i would find that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt to the Cobb apologists here that he indeed purposely tried to seriously hurt people.Good video as well.

proof in the pudding he was a criminal and the baseball hall of fame is the hall of SHAME allowing this criminal into it.

cobbspikes.jpg

as this pic clear as day proves,here he is sliding into a catcher with his sharp spikes into the catchers GUT.Not the shin guards but his gut. pretty much debunks that propaganda piece in that link that disinfo agent jakey snakey posted.:up:

how many times do i got to say it? if its a post posted by jakey snakey or is his lover rightwinger,USMB'S resident trolls,then there you KNOW it is a LIE.:rolleyes: why do people around here not accept that about those two shills?

rightwinger and jake will of course say this is a doctored photo no doubt.well RIGHTWINGER will for sure at least,after all this is a troll we are talking aboout who STILL says the Rams are playing in st louis this year even though every other member here at USMB knows he is full of shit.:rolleyes::rofl::haha::lmao:

thats why the hall of fame is a joke and needs to be called the hall of shame since its a disgrace they allowed this criminal in but wont let Rose in.:uhoh3:

because of this guy in that pic,those other players that have tainted the game same as cobb did,Bonds and Clemons,will eventually be voted into the hall of SHAME as well.

The Cobb apologists have been taken to school here.lol. any hack writer can be paid to write a book and invent lie after lie,however a PHOTOGRAPH from back then, speaks a thousand words.:D

Last edited:
Cobb was an asshole and arguably the best to ever grace a baseball field.
The best asshole to grace a field?

I wonder why an avid racist like the OP would want to burnish the image of an0thwer avid racist like Cobb?

Birds of a feather or misery loves company?
Cobb's statistics speak for themselves. He was a man who played to win. He was little concerned with political correctness and the supposed civilities we are obsessed with today.

I wonder why an avid racist like the OP would want to burnish the image of an0thwer avid racist like Cobb?

Cobb was not a racist. He descended from a long line of abolitionists. His family refused to fight for the South. His father was a politician who did much for his black constituents. Cobb was very pro black integration of baseball.

Don't call me a racist. YOU are the racist since you support affirmative action. the biggest hate crime in america. I oppose AA and thus am the anti-racist. THINK

Don't call me a racist. YOU are the racist since you support affirmative action. the biggest hate crime in america. I oppose AA and thus am the anti-racist. THINK
Whatever you find easy to use as a rationale. But we all know your racism well.

[

HAHAHA. What you mean is you don't have a rebuttal. You know your support of affirmative action proves you a white-hating racist while I support equal opportunity for all.

as I said before,a photo speaks a THOUSAND words.

cobbspikes.jpg

this photo proves beyond a doubt,Cobb was indeed the worst asshole whoever graced the field. the fact MLB baseball let this motherfucker into the hall of SHAME,I have no doubt they will someday let those other three assholes ,Mark Mcguire,Barry Bonds,and Roger Clemons into their hall of shame as well sometime in the future.the hall of shame is a complete joke and fraud especially since they allow that terrible human being "for the way he played the game" into the hall yet have banned pete rose.fuck MLB.baseball. which is what I pretty much say all the time about the NFL as well.If the Rams were not back in LA,I would have lost complete interest in it last year for sure.

[

HAHAHA. What you mean is you don't have a rebuttal. You know your support of affirmative action proves you a white-hating racist while I support equal opportunity for all.
No you don't. But if it makes it easier for you to live with yourself, I,guess it's true,'any port in a storm'.

Tell your "feral negroes" of your embrace of equality.

this photo proves beyond a doubt,Cobb was indeed the worst asshole whoever graced the field. the fact MLB baseball let this motherfucker into the hall of SHAME,I have no doubt they will someday let those other three assholes ,Mark Mcguire,Barry Bonds,and Roger Clemons into their hall of shame as well sometime in the future.the hall of shame is a complete joke and fraud especially since they allow that terrible human being "for the way he played the game" into the hall yet have banned pete rose.fuck MLB.baseball. which is what I pretty much say all the time about the NFL as well.If the Rams were not back in LA,I would have lost complete interest in it last year for sure.

If mark, barrry, and roger don't belong in the HOF, why is gaylord perry there? He was the biggest cheater of all time. THINK

If mark, barrry, and roger don't belong in the HOF, why is gaylord perry there? He was the biggest cheater of all time. THINK

well yeah thats a no brainer.I just didnt think of him because all we hear about constantly is how those three have tainted the game.I guess we dont hear about perry like we do those three because i guess time tends to make people forget the previous ones before them huh?

Kinda like this one poll back in the 90's when people voted bill clinton in as write in candidate after hitler as the most evil person of all time but they somehow left mass murderer nixon out.same thing,time tends to get people to forget the previous bad people that were as bad as they were. didnt mean to bring politics into it but i could not think of another better example off the top of my head.:D

Forum List

Back