TWO bald face OBAMA LIES!

If my tax rate is so small, why do they keep taking out so much much money from my paycheck?

Besides, if taxes were that low, they need to be raised. Our country needs to be repaired.

So, which is it? Too low? or too high?

interersting post rdean....

First you say " why do they keep taking out so much much money from my paycheck?"

Then you say "if taxes were that low, they need to be raised"

Seeing as you refer to the money currently taken out of your paycheck as "so much"...I wonder how you would react if they took more out?

Ah, but RDean doesn't expect the tax raise to come out of HIS paycheck...he expects it to come out of somebody ELSE'S paycheck. That's the whole "fair" thing.

If my tax rate is so small, why do they keep taking out so much much money from my paycheck?

Besides, if taxes were that low, they need to be raised. Our country needs to be repaired.

So, which is it? Too low? or too high?

How about taxes period?
Over half of all wage earners pay zero income taxes...and most of those get more back than they pay in.

No, no, no. That little lie has really sunk in to the conservatarian media.

Nobody gets back in credits more than they paid in taxes. The absolute maximum value of the EITC is equal the amount paid in federal income/payroll taxes.

and every working person pays between 7.65 and 15.3% of their first 106K of income in federal income taxes - we call it a payroll tax, but it is nothing more than a tax on earned income.

WTF? Their employer pays that...what the...wow...

Nobody gets back in credits more than they paid in taxes. The absolute maximum value of the EITC is equal the amount paid in federal income/payroll taxes.

I think you are stuck on stupid. The last tax year alone I witnessed two people in my family get back more then they paid in.

Thanks for the BS story anyway.
Then they cheated. The maximum value of the EITC is total federal income taxes + total federal payroll taxes.

I think you're stuck on listening to the AM radio.

With turbo tax. yeah right.

You just dont want to admit you can get back more then you pay in.

AND YOU CAN..............................

how would a plumber only pay 6.3% in taxes?

I know a few plumbers folks and trust me when I tell you that they've got some cash money coming in for jobs that never get reported to the IRS. That's what happens when the government starts overtaxing citizens...part of the economy goes underground. And if you don't believe me? Ask the next plumber, carpenter or electrician that does some work for you if you can get a cheaper rate if you pay in cash. I guarantee you'll get a yes.

Last edited:
How about taxes period?
Over half of all wage earners pay zero income taxes...and most of those get more back than they pay in.

and every working person pays between 7.65 and 15.3% of their first 106K of income in federal income taxes - we call it a payroll tax, but it is nothing more than a tax on earned income.

empoyers pay 1/2 of Social security,us self employed pay 15.3%, but we get to write of 1/2 from gross income, after business deductions.

How about taxes period?

The concept of tax incidence is clearly beyond your comprehension.

Let me guess: you believe corporations pay payroll taxes but consumers pay corporate taxes in the form of higher prices?

I think you are stuck on stupid. The last tax year alone I witnessed two people in my family get back more then they paid in.

Then they cheated. The maximum value of the EITC is total federal income taxes + total federal payroll taxes.

You are so off base here!! I know someone that paid roughly $650.00 in FWT and got a refund of $5,000.00. You can get a huge refund for a lot more than you paid!!

^Step away from the AM Radio.

how would a plumber only pay 6.3% in taxes?

50K in salary.
take into consideration he/she has 3 kids
owns a home with mortgasge of mostly interest (for first 10 years)
writes off his truck
writes off every purchase at home depot (even if for personal use)
has a home office offering a partial write off for rent.

I can most certainly see it being 6.3% of gross income
Of course, the normal rate of adjusted income........but I can see it translated to less than 7% of gross income.

Depends if he is self employed or on a payroll.

I am assuming it was a comment based on him/her being self employed.

Let me guess: you believe corporations pay payroll taxes but consumers pay corporate taxes in the form of higher prices?

You clearly lack an understanding of how our income tax system works. You really need to take an eye opening H&R Block income tax course.

But then again, it could be totally beyond your comprehension. :eusa_whistle:

^Step away from your liberal MSM, you're scaring me. You are the one that is wrong, you can get back a lot more than you paid in.

^Step away from your liberal MSM, you're scaring me. You are the one that is wrong, you can get back a lot more than you paid in.

I personally have never known anyone who did.....not saying it cant happen...but I have to believe you open yourself up to an audit if you do.

Just because you have your head in the sand doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

I have other examples. All of which prove you are full of shit.

You may want to step back and see how attending college plays into it.

As of right now you look pretty stupid.,

No jackass...I am talking about what comes out of a persons OWN POCKET.
It is called "INDIVIDUAL TAX LIABILITY"...ever heard of it? No, I didn't think so...individual liability goes against the far left's idealism.
Millions of people get checks from the IRS that are larger than what they paid THEMSELVES...not what is paid to their benefit as businesses are required to do by law.

You are so off base here!! I know someone that paid roughly $650.00 in FWT and got a refund of $5,000.00. You can get a huge refund for a lot more than you paid!!

Ya know what: In an event that quite possibly has never happened, I think I might be wrong! The critical, outrageously important caveat to my previous statement, as far as I can tell from a quick review, is this: A single person or married couple with no children will not receive a larger EITC than the total value of federal income and payroll taxes paid. Those with children can receive a larger credit - maxed out at $5,666 for 2010 I believe.

So a person earning 16,000 would see payroll deductions equal to a few bucks in federal taxes + 122 or so in FICA. If they have no children, those combined totals equal the maximum credit. However, if they have children they could receive more.

My apologies.

BTW - I think we can all clearly see that 8537 is one of the folks who get more back then they pay in.
Nice job of trying to justify it.

No jackass...I am talking about what comes out of a persons OWN POCKET.
It is called "INDIVIDUAL TAX LIABILITY"...ever heard of it? No, I didn't think so...individual liability goes against the far left's idealism.

^confirming that tax incidence is above your paygrade.

I personally have never known anyone who did.....not saying it cant happen...but I have to believe you open yourself up to an audit if you do.

My daughter does, every year. She has one child, claims head of household, makes approximately $35,000 per year and always gets a refund of around 4,000-5,000 dollars. It's the Earned Income Tax Credit. The federal government pays her.

My daughter does, every year. She has one child, claims head of household, makes approximately $35,000 per year and always gets a refund of around 4,000-5,000 dollars. It's the Earned Income Tax Credit. The federal government pays her.

Yes...I can see that.
Question...how would you feel if your daughter lost that?

Forum List

Back