Turkish Tisas M1911A1 Clone

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked-up a very lightly used Turkish Tisas M1911A1 Clone this morning for $250.00 and I must say I'm pretty impressed with it.

I cleaned/properly lubed it, grabbed some ammo and ran it down to my range, no failures of any kind with hardball and SWC lead.

The trigger is 4.5# with the typical take-up.....It has standard GI sights that leave a lot to be desired what with my older eyes. GI style grips that I'll replace by and by.

When I detail cleaned it I did not notice any tool marks on the forged frame or slide. Far and away nicer than a Rock Island's M1911A1 cast frame clone....They say the hammer is MIM but I think it's more of a knock by the boutique 1911 crowd than any practical deficiency.

The mags are Checkmate commercial mags and worked just fine.

I think they retail at around $399.00. A good deal if you want to scratch a GI-style 1911 itch or build on a forged frame/slide.

t 003 (2).JPG

t 002 (2).JPG

It comes with a very nice lockable fitted case with a extra mag, cleaning rod/brush, and bushing tool.

t 001 (2).JPG

I picked-up a very lightly used Turkish Tisas M1911A1 Clone this morning for $250.00 and I must say I'm pretty impressed with it.

I cleaned/properly lubed it, grabbed some ammo and ran it down to my range, no failures of any kind with hardball and SWC lead.

The trigger is 4.5# with the typical take-up.....It has standard GI sights that leave a lot to be desired what with my older eyes. GI style grips that I'll replace by and by.

When I detail cleaned it I did not notice any tool marks on the forged frame or slide. Far and away nicer than a Rock Island's M1911A1 cast frame clone....They say the hammer is MIM but I think it's more of a knock by the boutique 1911 crowd than any practical deficiency.

I think they retail at around $399.00. A good deal if you want to scratch a GI-style 1911 itch or build on a forged frame/slide.

View attachment 698467
View attachment 698468

It comes with a very nice lockable fitted case with a extra mag, cleaning rod/brush, and bushing tool.

View attachment 698469
Nice.

Here is my baby.
1663611120790.png

Very nice looking for $250. Is it an exact M1911A1 clone or does it have the series 80 drop safety trigger?

I have a real WWII US Army Ithaca 1911 bring back.

My uncle brought it back from Europe. He actually took it off a dead German soldier. The German had it as a war trophy. Because of the circumstances he was allowed to keep it and legally bring it back. He had the documentation.

He willed it to my Dad and my Dad willed it to me.

Both my Dad and my uncle were at Normandy. My Dad the first day and my uncle a couple of days later. Different units.

View attachment 698467
View attachment 698468

View attachment 698469
Tisas makes some great firearms. I have their Tanker (Commander) model and love it.

Tisas Tanker.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question........

What's the simplest, quietest, easiest handgun for someone thats never had one before?
Also, cheapest on ammo.
About the only thing that will fit that bill would be a pellet gun......... Probably the easiest and quietest one out there. Now it you want one that actually shoots bullets to fit that category would be the Heritage Rough Rider .22LR. They under $200 and some come with an extra .22mag cylinder.

RR22B4STAG1_QR-426bf9d6.jpeg

Anything larger then that really isn't all that quiet unless you add a silencer then you have to pay the tax stamp and get approval from the ATF for that. Besides silencers will cost two to three times what the firearm costs.

About the only thing that will fit that bill would be a pellet gun......... Probably the easiest and quietest one out there. Now it you want one that actually shoots bullets to fit that category would be the Heritage Rough Rider .22LR. They under $200 and some come with an extra .22mag cylinder.

RR22B4STAG1_QR-426bf9d6.jpeg

Anything larger then that really isn't all that quiet unless you add a silencer then you have to pay the tax stamp and get approval from the ATF for that. Besides silencers will cost two to three times what the firearm costs.

I'd advise spending $50.00 more for a Ruger Wrangler as the build quality is a lot better......True you only get the .22 lr option but the RR's optional .22 mag cylinder is more of a gimmick than anything else.

As it does not have adjustable sights it will not shoot true to aim with the .22 mag cylinder as the sights are regulated to .22 lr.....Most convertible .22 revolvers (Ruger single-six and Colt New Frontier) have adjustable sights for that reason.

Ruger® Wrangler® Single-Action Revolver Models

I'd advise spending $50.00 more for a Ruger Wrangler as the build quality is a lot better......True you only get the .22 lr option but the RR's optional .22 mag cylinder is more of a gimmick than anything else.

As it does not have adjustable sights it will not shoot true to aim with the .22 mag cylinder as the sights are regulated to .22 lr.....Most convertible .22 revolvers (Ruger single-six and Colt New Frontier) have adjustable sights for that reason.

Ruger® Wrangler® Single-Action Revolver Models
I was going with the cheapest option which is what he was asking about. There are probably 50 or so side by side YouTube comparisons of the two, Basically the consensus is both are good with Ruger having the better build but both also have their short comings. For many the Rugers short comings outweight is build quality. I don't own either so I can't personally say or have a qualified opinion other than I hate the Cerakote finish on them.

I was going with the cheapest option which is what he was asking about. There are probably 50 or so side by side YouTube comparisons of the two, Basically the consensus is both are good with Ruger having the better build but both also have their short comings. For many the Rugers short comings outweight is build quality. I don't own either so I can't personally say or have a qualified opinion other than I hate the Cerakote finish on them.
I've never heard tell of anyone picking a RR over a Wrangler as far as quality goes.....Lots of folks just want to justify a cheap price....I've seen loose barrels on them right out of the box.

My biggest knock on the Wrangler was the 7# trigger but that was easily solved by the "10 second trigger fix" which is done by removing a grip panel and dropping one arm of the trigger spring from it's stud.....Boom! A 3.5# trigger. :)

The new 9-shot Diamondback (based on the High Standard Double Nine) showed promise (on paper) till I saw the shoddy build quality 1st hand.....Damn shame, I have a Double Nine near as old as I am and it's not as loose.

I've never heard tell of anyone picking a RR over a Wrangler as far as quality goes.....Lots of folks just want to justify a cheap price....I've seen loose barrels on them right out of the box.

My biggest knock on the Wrangler was the 7# trigger but that was easily solved by the "10 second trigger fix" which is done by removing a grip panel and dropping one arm of the trigger spring from it's stud.....Boom! A 3.5# trigger. :)

The new 9-shot Diamondback (based on the High Standard Double Nine) showed promise (on paper) till I saw the shoddy build quality 1st hand.....Damn shame, I have a Double Nine near as old as I am and it's not as loose.
I specifically said all stated the Ruger was better quality, I was referring to certain features of each gun that some liked and some disliked with each.

Forum List

Back