Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan formally re-converted Istanbul’s sixth-century iconic Hagia Sophia into a mosque, hours after a high court annu

had a clear and stable situation - thanks of Germany - and was on a good way to a blessed future. Then Erdogan destroyed Turkey and made it to his private Erdogania
It is not about Erdogan. If there wasn't Erdogan there, then it will be Ordigan or Vardogan or someone else. The experiment of 'westernizing' of Turks failed and isn't interesting to anyone it seems. The Turks have just got to their roots.

Nonsense. I would for example not be astonished if behind the rise of Erdogan would stand an US-American secret service - with or without the knowledge of Erdogan. With "roots" has this nothing to do what Erdogan is doing - it has more to do with "Verarschung" ... I don't find a good translation for this word now. "Spoof" is perhaps a translation.
Spoof??
Well, I believe in such a term as 'national mentality',

I not. All human beings are the same idiots all over the world.

and based on my basic knowledge of history, I see the situation in Turkey (and not only there) as I see it.

Aha?

It perfectly fits with my worldview.

Hm hmm ...

Last edited:
had a clear and stable situation - thanks of Germany - and was on a good way to a blessed future. Then Erdogan destroyed Turkey and made it to his private Erdogania
It is not about Erdogan. If there wasn't Erdogan there, then it will be Ordigan or Vardogan or someone else. The experiment of 'westernizing' of Turks failed and isn't interesting to anyone it seems. The Turks have just got to their roots.
Agia Sophia does not have Turkish "roots". It's roots lie in their sworn enemy, Greeks.
Of course not. My point wasn't about that. I meant that despite all attempts to 'westernize' them, they stayed as they were - people with Asian mentality.

Yesterday a young German helped me and I noticed not any difference between him and most other Germans, only because his parents were once born as Turks in Turkey. Whatever an "Asian mentality" could be - it has for sure nothing to with this young man.

Agia Sophia does not have Turkish "roots". It's roots lie in their sworn enemy, Greeks.
???
Greeks? Maybe you meant the Romans?
No, I mean Greeks. What did you think Byzantium was?
It was the the legacy of the Eastern Roman Empire.

The lingua franka within the Roman empire was the Greek language and not Latin - specially in the Orient (East Rome, Byzantium). Rome itselve (West Rome, Occident) was an "international" mix of people, who came from all over the empire to Rome.

???
Greeks? Maybe you meant the Romans?
No, I mean Greeks. What did you think Byzantium was?
It was the the legacy of the Eastern Roman Empire.
OFFS!:

Byzantium (/bɪˈzæntiəm, -ʃəm/) or Byzantion; (Ancient Greek: Βυζάντιον, romanized: Byzántion, Latin: Byzantium) was an ancient Greek city in classical antiquity that became known as Constantinople in late antiquity and is now Istanbul. The Greek name Byzantion and its Latinization Byzantium continued to be used as a name of Constantinople during the Byzantine Empire.[1][2] Byzantium was colonized by the Greeks from Megara in 657 BC, and remained primarily Greek-speaking until its conquest by the Ottoman Empire in AD 1453.[3]

Thanks’wiki’. :rolleyes: :lol:

You really don’t know the history of the Byzantine Empire? Do you know how Constantinople got its name? Have you ever heard of the Eastern Roman Empire?
Byzantium was Greek. BTW, the Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy nor Roman.

The "holy empire" was founded from Charlesmagne in 800 A.D. in Rome.

Go be annoying elsewhere. And you're asking a fucking Greek if he knows how Constantinople got its name.

not. All human beings are the same idiots all over the world
Yes. But some living on the rock surrounded by the sea and being constantly beaten by natural disasters are able to produce high-tech electronics and satellites, but others living in far more mild conditions produce only shit.

Of course not. My point wasn't about that. I meant that despite all attempts to 'westernize' them, they stayed as they were - people with Asian mentality.

Yesterday a young German helped me and I noticed not any difference between him and most other Germans, only because his parents were once born as Turks in Turkey. Whatever an "Asian mentality" could be - it has for sure nothing to with this young man.
Good. It seems you don't understand what national mentality is. Among the Turks may well be good people, and among the Germans may be bastards.

You want to get to their roots, let’s bring back the Hittites.
I doubt that they have something really in common. The Turks are nomads which originated somewhere near Altai (possibly) and came there virtually 'yesterday'.

The Seljuks - a turkish tribe - had conquered Jerusalem and Mekka - what had leaded to the first crusade. Part of this process was it that in the following centuries more and more Turkish tribes had conquered the land in the area of Constantinople (=Turkey). At least they had conquered Constantinople (the former Byzantion) and made it to Istanbul.

Yes. But some living on the rock surrounded by the sea and being constantly beaten by natural disasters are able to produce high-tech electronics and satellites, but others living in far more mild conditions produce only shit.

Nice racist idea. Japan was the first nation which followed the European way of "rennaissance" and "enlightenment". The modern world is the rebirth of Rome (holy empire), ancient Greece (renaissance) and started more and more own ways, which leaded to enlightenment, science, industrializations and so on and so on.

Last edited:

Good. It seems you don't understand what national mentality is. Among the Turks may well be good people, and among the Germans may be bastards.

I guess you don't know what the word "bastard" means. Jesus was for example a bastard - a child of the holy spirit. Joseph knew this and protected as well mother Mary and his son Jesus from racist ideas like your ideas.

Nice racist idea. Japan was the first nation which followed the European way of "rennaissance" and "enlightenment". The modern world is the rebirth of Rome (holy empire), ancient Greece (renaissance) and started more and more own ways, which leaded to enlightenment, science, industrializations and so on and so on.
"Renaissance" does not mean "Greece."

What's wrong. It was a rebirth of the basic ideas of Greece and Rome. The Roman culture was a Greek culture too.

I guess you don't know what the word "bastard" means. Jesus was for example a bastard - a child of the holy spirit. Joseph knew this and protected as well mother Mary and his son Jesus from racist ideas like your ideas.

taboo, slang) used to insult (= deliberately offend) somebody, especially a man, who has been rude, unpleasant or cruel
He's a real bastard.
You bastard! You've made her cry.
He's a complete bastard.
Your boss is a bit of a bastard, isn't he?

What happened really to the man called Jesus isnt clear. In any way, he was a Jew, so talk about racism in this case is pointless, I think.

What's wrong. It was a rebirth of the basic ideas of Greece and Rome. The Roman culture was a Greek culture too.
:lol:
Do you spray Windex on everything?

... Japan was the first nation which followed the European way of "rennaissance" and "enlightenment". ....
You've got your timeline a little mixed up.
Look, you're obviously clueless about Byzantium. Do yourself a favor and butt out of things you know so little about.

I get that Byzantium is not part of the curriculum of public schools.

Forum List

Back