Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan formally re-converted Istanbul’s sixth-century iconic Hagia Sophia into a mosque, hours after a high court annu

... Turkey is so called middle power. Its geographic situation and size make it useful for some important countries. Erdogan understands this.

Erdogan understood to make debts and to tell his people this debts are an economical success. Now he kills a source of income for Istanbul - in times of Corona and a worldwide depression and with an extremely bad exchange rate of the Turkish Lira.

His supporters are in in most cases uneducated poor Turkish people - and I fear in this way he tries to make more people poor and uneducated in Turkey. This makes Turkey "great" in his eyes, because a "great" Turkey is only a Turkey with Erdogan. Even after a future total breakdown of Turkey will exist lots of conspiration theories, which he continously uses to strengthen his perverted regime - but the self-made destruction of Turkey seems now to become more and more inevitable.

Last edited:
By the way: 3.7 million visitors had the museum Haga Sofia every year. If they like to do a - ¿what's the name of a Muslim church service? - there, then Erdogan and his criminal gang will have to take care to eliminate all pictures in this
Hardly he is that stupid.

Every tyrant is stupid - on a more high or low level of stupidity.

Last edited:
... Turkey is so called middle power. Its geographic situation and size make it useful for some important countries. Erdogan understands this.

Erdogan understood to make debts and to tell his people this debts are an economical success. Now he kills a source of income for Istanbul - in times of Corona and a worldwide depression and with an extremely bad exchange rate of the Turkish Lira.

His supporters are in in most cases uneducated poor Turkish people - and I fear in this way he tries to make more people poor and uneducated in Turkey. This makes Turkey "great" in his eyes, because a "great" Turkey is only a Turkey with Erdogan. Even after a future total breakdown of Turkey will exist lots of conspiration theories, which he continously uses to strengthen his perverted regime - but the self-made destruction of Turkey seems now to become more and more inevitable.
Of course the Turks will be more uneducated and poorer in comparison with 'advanced' nations. But that is not because of Erdogan's policy.

I don't think he wants to downgrade the level of Turkish society to get more support inside. I would say that this contradicts his policy. He wants to get support from outside to make Turkey a contemporary virtual empire. Turkey and its society should be a beacon for these nations.

About internal support. Well, when there is only one to be chosen, then the rating of this chosen will always be high.

Of course the Turks will be more uneducated and poorer in comparison with 'advanced' nations. But that is not because of Erdogan's policy.

Turkey had a clear and stable situation - thanks of Germany - and was on a good way to a blessed future. Then Erdogan destroyed Turkey and made it to his private Erdogania.

I don't think he wants to downgrade the level of Turkish society to get more support inside.

To get more support? Erdogan defines everything in Turkey: legislation, judicial and executive power, press, national bank, industry ... . Soon it will be the Sultanate Erdogania.

I would say that this contradicts his policy. He wants to get support from outside to make Turkey a contemporary virtual empire. Turkey and its society should be a beacon for these nations.

About internal support. Well, when there is only one to be chosen, then the rating of this chosen will always be high.

Turkey stands now for religious fanatism, national racism and international isolationism. By the way: About a hundred years ago in the Osman empire still 20% - 33% of the inhabitants of Turkey were Christians. So what Erdogan is doing never had anything to do with a glorious past. He's a tyrant - that's all. Tyrants come and go and leave chaos behind them. They flee what they are - and find in every place always only their own boring self. Bad luck for the people, who believe in tyrants. Bad luck for all others too.

La Liberté

Il y a quelques jours, j'allais au zoo
Le soleil brillait, j'avais le cœur réchauffé
Devant une cage, je voyais beaucoup de gens debout
Alors j'allais voir de plus près

Ne pas donner à manger était écrit sur une grande affiche
Et ne pas irriter, car très sauvage!
Adultes et enfants regardaient bêtement
Et qu'un garde regardait d'un air sinistre et silencieux

Je lui demandais, comment s'appelle cet animal?
C'est la liberté, me dit-il,
De nos jours, elle est si rare sur la terre
C'est pour ça qu'elle est exposée ici pour peu d'argent

Je regardais et je dis, cher monsieur,
Je ne vois rien, la cage est vide
C'est bien ça - me dit-il - la blague!
On l'enferme et instantanément, elle n'est plus là!

La liberté est un animal merveilleux
Et certaines personnes ont peur d'elle
Mais derrière les barreaux, elle meurt
Car la liberté ne peut être que liberté en liberté.

source: https://lyricstranslate.com/de/die-freiheit-la-libert%C3%A9.html

Last edited:
had a clear and stable situation - thanks of Germany - and was on a good way to a blessed future. Then Erdogan destroyed Turkey and made it to his private Erdogania
It is not about Erdogan. If there wasn't Erdogan there, then it will be Ordigan or Vardogan or someone else. The experiment of 'westernizing' of Turks failed and isn't interesting to anyone it seems. The Turks have just got to their roots.

had a clear and stable situation - thanks of Germany - and was on a good way to a blessed future. Then Erdogan destroyed Turkey and made it to his private Erdogania
It is not about Erdogan. If there wasn't Erdogan there, then it will be Ordigan or Vardogan or someone else. The experiment of 'westernizing' of Turks failed and isn't interesting to anyone it seems. The Turks have just got to their roots.

Nonsense. I would for example not be astonished if behind the rise of Erdogan would stand an US-American secret service - with or without the knowledge of Erdogan. With "roots" has this nothing to do what Erdogan is doing - it has more to do with "Verarschung" ... I don't find a good translation for this word now. "Spoof" is perhaps a translation.

Last edited:

Nonsense. I would for example not be astonished if behind the rise of Erdogan would stand an US-American secret service - with or without the knowledge of Erdogan. With "roots" has this nothing to do what Erdogan is doing - it has more to do with "Verarschung" ... I don't find a good translation for this word now. "Spoof" is perhaps a translation.
Spoof??
Well, I believe in such a term as 'national mentality', and based on my basic knowledge of history, I see the situation in Turkey (and not only there) as I see it. It perfectly fits with my worldview.

You want to get to their roots, let’s bring back the Hittites.

Agia Sophia does not have Turkish "roots". It's roots lie in their sworn enemy, Greeks.

Agia Sophia does not have Turkish "roots". It's roots lie in their sworn enemy, Greeks.
???
Greeks? Maybe you meant the Romans?

???
No, I mean Greeks. What did you think Byzantium was?

???
It was the the legacy of the Eastern Roman Empire.

You want to get to their roots, let’s bring back the Hittites.
I doubt that they have something really in common. The Turks are nomads which originated somewhere near Altai (possibly) and came there virtually 'yesterday'.

???
OFFS!:

Byzantium (/bɪˈzæntiəm, -ʃəm/) or Byzantion; (Ancient Greek: Βυζάντιον, romanized: Byzántion, Latin: Byzantium) was an ancient Greek city in classical antiquity that became known as Constantinople in late antiquity and is now Istanbul. The Greek name Byzantion and its Latinization Byzantium continued to be used as a name of Constantinople during the Byzantine Empire.[1][2] Byzantium was colonized by the Greeks from Megara in 657 BC, and remained primarily Greek-speaking until its conquest by the Ottoman Empire in AD 1453.[3]

Of course not. My point wasn't about that. I meant that despite all attempts to 'westernize' them, they stayed as they were - people with Asian mentality.

A few years ago, many people (including me) were thrilled by the news that the Turkish army had announced the, uh, "retirement" of Mr. E.

Our joy was short-lived, however.

Oh, well. Try, try again, as they say.

???
OFFS!:

Byzantium (/bɪˈzæntiəm, -ʃəm/) or Byzantion; (Ancient Greek: Βυζάντιον, romanized: Byzántion, Latin: Byzantium) was an ancient Greek city in classical antiquity that became known as Constantinople in late antiquity and is now Istanbul. The Greek name Byzantion and its Latinization Byzantium continued to be used as a name of Constantinople during the Byzantine Empire.[1][2] Byzantium was colonized by the Greeks from Megara in 657 BC, and remained primarily Greek-speaking until its conquest by the Ottoman Empire in AD 1453.[3]

Thanks’wiki’. :rolleyes: :lol:

You really don’t know the history of the Byzantine Empire? Do you know how Constantinople got its name? Have you ever heard of the Eastern Roman Empire?

???
OFFS!:

You really don’t know the history of the Byzantine Empire? Do you know how Constantinople got its name? Have you ever heard of the Eastern Roman Empire?
Byzantium was Greek. BTW, the Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy nor Roman. Go be annoying elsewhere. And you're asking a fucking Greek if he knows how Constantinople got its name.

???
OFFS!:

Byzantium was Greek. BTW, the Holy Roman Empire was neither Holy nor Roman. Go be annoying elsewhere. And you're asking a fucking Greek if he knows how Constantinople got its name.
Do you?

Forum List

Back