Buffalo to return to Britain

I guess that this is a good thing but Kent is a densely populated area. Interesting to see how this turns out.

I don't know how large Kent is, but here is a herd of Bison in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA.

Well, you will need to go to google and you will see images of the Bison/buffalo in SF, since copy and paste is not working, along with a number of other functions (italics, bold, color, etc.).

I grew up close to a huge wildlife refuge that had a herd of wild buffalo.
They are awesome to look at from a distance, but can be very dangerous and will charge and gore a person who gets too close. ... :cool:

Last edited:

I guess that this is a good thing but Kent is a densely populated area. Interesting to see how this turns out.

I don't know how large Kent is, but here is a herd of Bison in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, CA.

Well, you will need to go to google and you will see images of the Bison/buffalo in SF, since copy and paste is not working, along with a number of other functions (italics, bold, color, etc.).

Correction, here are the photos:

1594396897646.png

1594396930955.png

1594396966423.png

The herd has existed since the 1930's

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

I think you need some wolves and grizzly bears to go with them.
I think Britain should also stock elk (known here as moose), which were a native species there at one time...

Tommy should have fun playing with them, too!!!

I think Britain should also stock elk (known here as moose), which were a native species there at one time...

We have both elk and moose and I don't think either can be found in Britian anymore. This is also seems like a great chance to unload a bunch of wild boar that's been giving us so much grief. Coyotes too maybe?

We have both elk and moose and I don't think either can be found in Britian anymore. This is also seems like a great chance to unload a bunch of wild boar that's been giving us so much grief. Coyotes too maybe?
Or they can try European brown bears, which once lived in Britain...

They are apparently similar to our grizzly bears!!!

Tommy should enjoy that!!!

European bison is a different species than the American one.

Elk and moose are not the same thing.

Last edited:
Thanks guys This is the first thread I have ever posted and not got abused Much appreciated.
I don't know about all of us, but some of us are just ribbin' ya'.

Buffalo need lots of space to roam. I just hope you have enough countryside over there. I know whenever I'd go see my wife's family in Newcastle, the drive from London was never very long. I don't remember seeing any RVs there; only an occasional camping trailer.

The Pleistocenic Park is rather good idea, but Jurassic one would be better. There is one useless island in the Northern Atlantic, you know...

The Pleistocenic Park is rather good idea, but Jurassic one would be better. There is one useless island in the Northern Atlantic, you know...
Faroes?
Greenland?
Iceland?
Baffin?

Luckily Britain and Ireland are classed as Islands in the Eastern Atlantic, otherwise I might be offended....:p
Ok. No offence, but we have one useless island in the Eastern Atlantic.

Faroes?
Greenland?
Iceland?
Baffin?

Luckily Britain and Ireland are classed as Islands in the Eastern Atlantic, otherwise I might be offended....:p
Ok. No offence, but we have one useless island in the Eastern Atlantic.
Oh, you mean Ireland, got it

Forum List

Back