*Turkey Next Shit Hole To Go Up In Puff Of Smoke*

Sorry bout that,

1. Research all these *ayab springs* and you will see I was one of the first to call it.
2. I called Libya, Egypt, Syria, I called them all.
3. Turkey is on the verge folks.
4. Tipping point has come and gone already.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Research all these *ayab springs* and you will see I was one of the first to call it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yeah, it's the usual pattern, getting worse daily the usual ways. Turkey is going down like all the others. Really, I'm a little surprised. I guess their "westernization" was only skin-deep.

June 4, Haaretz

Turkish government offers conciliatory moves as thousands return to protest

Decision of a large public workers union to announce a two-day strike, and the fact that a number of Istanbul universities have decided to postpone exams, are expected to swell numbers of anti-Erdogan demonstrators.

Circe -

I guess their "westernization" was only skin-deep.

And your guess was wrong then, wasn't it?

As several posters have tried to explain to you, part of Turkey is both physically in Europe, but culturally in Europe as well. The difference between the major urbanareas of Istanbul, Izmir and Bodrum in the west and Van, Diyabakir and Sanli Urfa in the east is immense; but still Turkey has remained united, secular and functional for the past hundred years.

It's interesting to see how you dodged those points in favour of repeating the same old myths you probably knew were not true the first time around. What do you gain from posting things you must know are not true?

Last edited:
Only half of Turkey is in Asia Minor, the other half is in Europe.

Geographically, Turkey straddles two continents, Europe in the west and Asia in the east.

* The two continents are divided by the Istanbul and Dardanelles straits, which are located in Turkey.

* Turkey is unique in being on the one hand Balkan and European, and on the other, Middle Eastern, Caucasian and Asian. It is also as much a Black Sea country as it is an Aegean and Mediterranean one.

TURKEY

When Turkey wanted to join the EU, they wrote a new Constitution in 2001 that provides for a secular state with religious freedom to all. The people don't like it, they would change it. As events have unfolded, Turkey's economy isn't as dependent on Europe as it was thought it would be in 2001.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yeah, it's the usual pattern, getting worse daily the usual ways. Turkey is going down like all the others. Really, I'm a little surprised. I guess their "westernization" was only skin-deep.

June 4, Haaretz

Turkish government offers conciliatory moves as thousands return to protest

Decision of a large public workers union to announce a two-day strike, and the fact that a number of Istanbul universities have decided to postpone exams, are expected to swell numbers of anti-Erdogan demonstrators.

Westernization was wishful thinking by politicians.

It's nothing different from the way liberals generally think. As soon as the most backward of muslims get a taste of western excess, they want it for themselves. Except they don't.

Regardless of where or what Turkey is, the important thing to remember is that the vast majority of the population is Muslim!

That means that regardless what the secular organizations say, the Imams and their Iranian overlords are doing their best to remove secularism and replace it with Sharia and religious leadership.

The question is - can the moderates withstand the attacks?

Only half of Turkey is in Asia Minor, the other half is in Europe.

Geographically, Turkey straddles two continents, Europe in the west and Asia in the east.

* The two continents are divided by the Istanbul and Dardanelles straits, which are located in Turkey.

* Turkey is unique in being on the one hand Balkan and European, and on the other, Middle Eastern, Caucasian and Asian. It is also as much a Black Sea country as it is an Aegean and Mediterranean one.

TURKEY

When Turkey wanted to join the EU, they wrote a new Constitution in 2001 that provides for a secular state with religious freedom to all. The people don't like it, they would change it. As events have unfolded, Turkey's economy isn't as dependent on Europe as it was thought it would be in 2001.

So what do the Turks want? Sharia?

There is a cheerful, triumphal tone to the threads pointing out that Turkey is going the way of the other infidels ---

I think that it is beginning to become clear to a lot of us that our evil enemies the Muslims are collapsing without our having to fight them at all! What a domino display is going on in front of us: one country after another and another disintegrating before our very eyes.

I can hardly wait for the books explaining WHAT is happening, but that will be a few years, since the political landslide just keeps going on and on! With luck, it will spread to those hellholes on the other side of the globe, Pakistan and Bangladesh and so on. Maybe the terrible violent takeover of Muslims of Western and Far East and African lands will stop! That would really be great.

Iran will certainly go, surely it can't escape if even Turkey has gone.

I wish we knew what are the forces of disintegration. The pressure of modernization? The fact they don't have economies and they overpopulate so there is a food shortage? That certainly was the case in both Tunisia and Egypt. Something HUGE is going on, folks. Major historical event, the general collapse of Islamic nations. Will they unite as one Islamic Ummah? Probably not, Muslims kill each other all the time, constantly. If they can't kill us, they are glad to kill each other, look at Iraq, daily bombings. Syria.

Whatever is going on, Islam is disintegrating politically. That means we win easy and they lose by fighting each other, and that sure works for me.

Regardless of where or what Turkey is, the important thing to remember is that the vast majority of the population is Muslim!

That means that regardless what the secular organizations say, the Imams and their Iranian overlords are doing their best to remove secularism and replace it with Sharia and religious leadership.

Well, they haven't anywhere so far!

The right always wins because they've got the numbers.

Why would a Shi'ite country be involved in Turkey - that makes 0 sense whatsoever?

If Iran was involved in Turkey - where would that leaveTurkey's relationship with the Azeris - which is obviously crucial to this debate.

There is a cheerful, triumphal tone to the threads pointing out that Turkey is going the way of the other infidels ---

I think that it is beginning to become clear to a lot of us that our evil enemies the Muslims are collapsing without our having to fight them at all! What a domino display is going on in front of us: one country after another and another disintegrating before our very eyes.

Really....which countries have disintegrated?

Tunisia is stable and settled and life returned to normal some time back...Libya has a brighter future now than at any time during the past 30 years.

Egypt is struggling, without question, but is still attracts millionsof tourists every year,and the worst threat of civil war probably passed some timeback.

Why do you not mention that many of the countries which experienced an Arab Spring did so not to become more Isamic, but to become more moderate?

Why would a Shi'ite country be involved in Turkey - that makes 0 sense whatsoever?

No, it can't be Shiites versus Sunnis across the Mideast. Certainly they fight each other to the death by the thousands after the nation disintegrates, as in Syria now, but that's not what is starting it, country by country.

I wish I knew what starts these political disintegrations! What an event. It's excellent for the West, obviously, but puzzling.

Why do you not mention that many of the countries which experienced an Arab Spring did so not to become more Isamic, but to become more moderate?

Because that would be a lie, to say they have become more moderate. They have all become more violently Islamic.

Good. They belong in the 7th century. Let them welter in it.

No, it can't be Shiites versus Sunnis across the Mideast. Certainly they fight each other to the death by the thousands after the nation disintegrates, as in Syria now, but that's not what is starting it, country by country.

I wish I knew what starts these political disintegrations! What an event. It's excellent for the West, obviously, but puzzling.

Circe -

For the love of god - what the HELL are you talking about?

Why do you think it is so great that - according to you - Israel is about to lose both its oil supply and its greatest ally in the region?

Why do you think longknife suggested Shi'ites were "overlords" of Sunni's in Turkey?

Because that would be a lie, to say they have become more moderate. They have all become more violently Islamic.

Really? So how has Tunisia become more "violently Islamic"?

It has a democratically elected moderate Islamic party in power, after years of oppressive dictatorship. Why is that a bad thing?

Do you honestly think Libyans were better off under the rule of the deranged Qaddaffi than they are now? Why?

Really? So how has Tunisia become more "violently Islamic"?

It has a democratically elected moderate Islamic party in power, after years of oppressive dictatorship. Why is that a bad thing?

Do you honestly think Libyans were better off under the rule of the deranged Qaddaffi than they are now? Why?

You really aren't keeping up on Tunisia, are you? They are becoming more and more primitively Islamic. Look it up on Google News.

Do I think Libyans were better off in peace rather than war? Well, yes, I do............

I thought that about Iraq, too. Saddam was no prize, but he was better than what has happened since. Now that we have left, it's even worse non-stop bombings day in and out.

But whatever. Muslims do that, and welcome to it. They like killing each other. So God bless 'em.

Circe -

You really aren't keeping up on Tunisia, are you? They are becoming more and more primitively Islamic. Look it up on Google News.

I was just in Tunisia last year, genius!

No one - and I mean no one - was saying anything remotely like what you are saying here. The only thing I heard was that they were delighed that Ben Ali was gone.

The new constituion protects womens' rights for the first time and tourism is picking up strongly. Did you know 20% of MPs in Tunisia are now female?

Where are you getting your information from?

Do I think Libyans were better off in peace rather than war?

The war finished more than a year ago. Again - what ARE you talking about?

You don't think people suffered under Qaddaffi?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back