TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

First of all that would be illogical.
False.
Secondly, your interpretation of anything spiritual in nature isn't just questionable, it is objectionable.
Neat, but I am not talking about anything spiritual. I am talking about the disgusting, immoral God character, as described in the Bible. And you are having a grade A hissy fit, because he is your sky daddy. There is nothing more to this, despite the forthcoming dingspamming.

My comments, left unaddressed, were with regard to the historical fact of people who used religion and appeals to supernatural Gods as a means for control, for power and for material gains.
So what? Just because some could use religion for their own ends is not exactly unknown. Even back thousands of years there are passages in the Bible that warn of wolves in sheep's clothing; of those pasturing themselves on their sheep. Your observation is not anything new, anything not known. It has been known for thousands of years. It is good to avoid those wolves, those who pasture themselves.

Should all religion be abolished because of this? Should the baby be thrown out with the bath water?
So what? Just because some could use religion for their own ends is not exactly unknown. Even back thousands of years there are passages in the Bible that warn of wolves in sheep's clothing; of those pasturing themselves on their sheep. Your observation is not anything new, anything not known. It has been known for thousands of years. It is good to avoid those wolves, those who pasture themselves.
is that true for who crucified the 1st century religious itinerant, or is it just not something for you to bother yourself with. bringing them to justice.

Yes, instruction. Some people such as yourself may have a hard time understanding that successful behaviors naturally lead to success - which is what this instruction is ultimately saying - so they have to be reminded.
Yes, instruction. Some people such as yourself may have a hard time understanding that successful behaviors naturally lead to success - which is what this instruction is ultimately saying - so they have to be reminded.
- a true symptom of an unrepentant heart chastising an innocent victim. used over and over again.

... no, not rape - you're a tease. the christian mogul. bing.

certainly the 1st century knew the difference.
You have a movie playing in your head that is divorced from reality.

First of all that would be illogical.
False.
Secondly, your interpretation of anything spiritual in nature isn't just questionable, it is objectionable.
Neat, but I am not talking about anything spiritual. I am talking about the disgusting, immoral God character, as described in the Bible. And you are having a grade A hissy fit, because he is your sky daddy. There is nothing more to this, despite the forthcoming dingspamming.
Of course you are. Your entire condemnation of respect for people of faith is because they are spiritual and you are a materialist who opposes spiritualism. You are a militant atheist of the first order. You aren't interested in honest debate. You are only interested in destroying religion. And you equivocate God with religion. I have no doubt that you have personal reasons for what you are doing. You are an ax grinder.

no, neither a movie nor a book -

what you mean is there are some people that do not use a 10000 page book of forgeries and fallacies to institute corruptions they condone nefariously claimed as a religion in substitute for the legitimate and natural means to direct their spiritual destiny, honestly. for the goal of admission to the Everlasting through triumph and prosperity.
Some people such as yourself may have a hard time understanding that successful behaviors naturally lead to success ...
oh, give a clue - what obstacles would there be, then, christian.

what you mean is there are some people that do not use a 10000 page book of forgeries and fallacies to institute corruptions they condone nefariously claimed as a religion in substitute for the legitimate and natural means to direct their spiritual destiny, honestly. for the goal of admission to the Everlasting through triumph and prosperity.
Some people such as yourself may have a hard time understanding that successful behaviors naturally lead to success ...
You will be judged by how you judge others.

really, and how is that ...

according to antiquity we are judged whether we triumph over evil and learned not to be sinners - for admission to the Everlasting - when accomplished, nothing less.

judging you and your corrupt religion will be a - first in the line attribute - the metaphysical undoubtedly has set aside. for the gifted.

really, and how is that ...

according to antiquity we are judged whether we triumph over evil and learned not to be sinners - for admission to the Everlasting - when accomplished, nothing less.

judging you and your corrupt religion will be a - first in the line attribute - the metaphysical undoubtedly has set aside. for the gifted.
subjectively

33449.jpg

Whaddaya get when a coconut falls on your noggin?
ding!

I want to believe in God, and would if I could find the slightest reason to. That would be the greatest thing ever to have a personal relationship with an all knowing, all powerful God who cares about me, and comforts me in the hard times. I'm sure a real God would know how little it would take to convince me, and make me a follower forever, but, if he does exist, he doesn't seem to care about me enough to show he is real..
So dying on a cross to salvage your eternal life wasn't enough? What more do you require? That He fulfills your desires? That He gives you unlimited riches? A sign perhaps?

Jesus said unto him, “Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed. Blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed.”

Believe it or not, my crap doesn't stink. You may come and check, but those who believe me without needing to sniff around in my bathroom are the truly blessed. I may be building a church soon..

So dying on a cross to salvage your eternal life wasn't enough? What more do you require? That He fulfills your desires? That He gives you unlimited riches? A sign perhaps?

Jesus said unto him, “Thomas, because thou hast seen Me, thou hast believed. Blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed.”
Thomas had doubts and Jesus resolved those doubts beyond satisfaction. That is what many yearn for--that God resolve their doubts beyond their satisfaction as well.

Your entire condemnation of respect for people of faith is because they are spiritual and you are a materialist who opposes spiritualism.
I don't condemn that, or people of faith. Just another in a long series of madeup dingbrainvomit that you invent to justify being a sphincter.

I want to believe in God, and would if I could find the slightest reason to. That would be the greatest thing ever to have a personal relationship with an all knowing, all powerful God who cares about me, and comforts me in the hard times. I'm sure a real God would know how little it would take to convince me, and make me a follower forever, but, if he does exist, he doesn't seem to care about me enough to show he is real..

Other than what is written in a book that was written long after that described death, and highly edited, I don't see any more reason to believe anyone died for me than I do to believe in a talking bush.

subjectively
where that ever came from needs to be put to rest - it is not - subjective - to ever judge at all.

believed what ram - christianity, how without your book. would you really know your messiah without it. to believe dying a sinner is the ticket to heaven. not from the 1st century you wouldn't.

Oh, geez. So that's all I need do. Write a book about others talking about how my pee revitalized a dead hamster and my poop smelt of fruity dingleberries.

subjectively
where that ever came from needs to be put to rest - it is not - subjective - to ever judge at all.

believed what ram - christianity, how without your book. would you really know your messiah without it. to believe dying a sinner is the ticket to heaven. not from the 1st century you wouldn't.

He returned from the dead. No matter what they were threatened with, the followers of Christ simply would not denounce Him, and the Word spread, and books other than the Bible were written.

Other than what is written in a book that was written long after that described death, and highly edited, I don't see any more reason to believe anyone died for me than I do to believe in a talking bush.

Who wrote it then? Because it has been the #1 best seller ever since.
Surely the actual writer deserves accolades for his ability to foretell the future, as 1/4 of the book is prophecy. How did he know thousands of years ago that Israel would become a nation again and in a day, or that they would restore their ancient language? No other displaced people have ever done so.

Thousands of years ago, no one could imagine wars that the whole world would be involved in? Destroying all life on earth is a relatively new concept. It was an impossible idea at that time. Where did your writer get such insight?
And why didn't his work include the most catastrophic event in the lives of the Jews? Their Temple was destroyed. Yet not a word of that in this mystery man's book.
The truth is it wasn't mentioned was because those who wrote the Bible were all dead by 70 AD.

Interestingly, the people who have studied, lived, practice the religions and philosophies of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Greek and Roman pantheons and any number of other religions make claims to the authority of their Gods, customs and practices as having precedence over yours.
That's nice. It may even be true. As I noted God has worked with me where was/am.

The Bible speaks about God giving everyone a certain measure of faith. I’m not closed to the idea that God calls some to be atheist. That was the point I was trying to make with this thread when I posted the OP.

Forum List

Back