TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

God takes on an unlimited number of forms. Just in this thread alone we are discussing four gods with the same name.
There is one God. You are speaking of four perspectives, not four Gods. I'm willing to bet that all four of us have different perspectives of you as well. Doesn't mean that there are four of you....

What would it take to assure you that God is real and God cares about you?

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
Why should convincing you be important exactly?
Because people like you say that god kingdom is so fantastic, I want to see it for myself. But so far, nothing but goose eggs.
Then go and find it. No one is stopping you but you.

Just tell us how you found God so that we can use the same method. It turns out this is quite a complicated process for some reason.

Have you ever considered that God hates some people and loves others? (Like the Bible says). If God hates me then He probably doesn’t want me to find Him.

John Calvin is considered the greatest theologian of all times. John Calvin taught that God chooses some and ignores others. His theology actually makes sense and is consistent with the observation of myself and many atheists.

You seem to be an amateur theologian with a theology that makes no sense whatsoever. Are you sure that you and Calvin knew the same god?

Your theology is lacking an explanation for why God reveals Himself to you but refuses to reveal Himself to me. Calvinism explains it plainly and clearly.
Why? You aren't interested in it. You are here to amuse yourself. Besides, I don't believe you are willing or capable to do what is required. But on the off chance I have you pegged all wrong, it's simple. Die to self. Of course, simple does not necessarily mean easy.

So maybe Calvin wasn't as knowledgeable as he thought he was or as you think he was. God is reality and the only way anyone will ever see reality is to die to self. When you can do that you will see how God has worked in your life.
wtf does "die to self" means? Anything? :dunno:
It means you should stop loving yourself so much that you can't see reality.
That makes no sense. It's just some random meaningless homily.
You'll never know because you can't stop loving yourself long enough to find out.
What does loving myself have to do with an invisible being?
Go back and re-read this thread box.
Circular thinking. Didn't make sense the first time.
That's because you inserted something that wasn't there, dummy.
You have nothing but fartsmoke, you hairy ball sniffer.
Calm down, ma'am.
Die to self. Is that like masturbating? :biggrin:
Maybe one day you will find out.

If we work from the premise that God exists then God called me to be an atheist.
Then be a good atheist. You are rather bad at it, you know. To be a good atheist, you must first lose your resentment towards God. True atheists tell me there is no God of which to be resentful. Personally, I think it is only your "Total Depravity" God that does not exist.

Try to understand, God is pure love. Once one truly understand that God even loves him/her, it is immediately followed by, "If God loves me, then God loves everyone!" So go be a good atheist. If you have shielded yourself from God's love with Total Depravity, throw away that shield. Good atheists do not carry around a Shield of Total Depravity. Or the Book of Mormon. Lighten your load. Be free.

God does exist in literature and in the hearts and minds of most people. That’s more powerful and chaotic than if God actually existed like a tree or something.

God takes on an unlimited number of forms. Just in this thread alone we are discussing four gods with the same name. Breezewood has a god. Meriweather has a god. Ding has a god. Then there is the one I am discussing that is in the Bible. That is four different gods. Does being an atheist deny the existence of those four gods? I am an atheist of those four gods but I still believe they exist within hearts and minds and have an impact on the world . I will just be the atheist that god wants me to be. You should recognize the contradiction. I am an atheist that believes in God.
God takes on an unlimited number of forms. Just in this thread alone we are discussing four gods with the same name. Breezewood has a god. Meriweather has a god. Ding has a god. Then there is the one I am discussing that is in the Bible.
plural, w/ an almighty - the metaphysical.
1617905063330.png

the spiritual transformation from one being into another - is the physical proof of the metaphysical forces responsible for life.

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
Because people like you say that god kingdom is so fantastic, I want to see it for myself. But so far, nothing but goose eggs.

Just tell us how you found God so that we can use the same method. It turns out this is quite a complicated process for some reason.

Have you ever considered that God hates some people and loves others? (Like the Bible says). If God hates me then He probably doesn’t want me to find Him.

John Calvin is considered the greatest theologian of all times. John Calvin taught that God chooses some and ignores others. His theology actually makes sense and is consistent with the observation of myself and many atheists.

You seem to be an amateur theologian with a theology that makes no sense whatsoever. Are you sure that you and Calvin knew the same god?

Your theology is lacking an explanation for why God reveals Himself to you but refuses to reveal Himself to me. Calvinism explains it plainly and clearly.
Why? You aren't interested in it. You are here to amuse yourself. Besides, I don't believe you are willing or capable to do what is required. But on the off chance I have you pegged all wrong, it's simple. Die to self. Of course, simple does not necessarily mean easy.

So maybe Calvin wasn't as knowledgeable as he thought he was or as you think he was. God is reality and the only way anyone will ever see reality is to die to self. When you can do that you will see how God has worked in your life.
You'll never know because you can't stop loving yourself long enough to find out.
Calm down, ma'am.
I'VE ALREADY FOUND OUT THAT IT'S A MEANINGLESS HOMILY.

Calm down, ma'am.
Calm down, ma'am.

Calm down, ma'am.
Calm down, ma'am.
You mean take a Mydol, you ****. :biggrin:

Catholic belief is faith based on reason. St. Thomas Aquinas noted that human reason, without supernatural aid, can establish the existence of God and the immortality of the soul; for those who cannot or do not engage in such strenuous intellectual activity, however, these matters are also revealed and can be known by faith.

Faith and truth cannot contradict each other.

Are you seriously saying the Church base their Faith on human based reason and NOT on the Bible?

You draw an opinion from a human who make it all up out of thin air, one again fails to show that an entity god exist beyond the human mind,

Absurd contradiction in the books Title.

Atheism

"The etymological root for the word atheism originated before the 5th century BCE from the ancient Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god(s)". In antiquity, it had multiple uses as a pejorative term applied to those thought to reject the gods worshiped by the larger society"

=====

His other book title: Keeping the Faith is another contradiction for someone claiming to be an Atheist.

He calls himself a Christian Atheist, an absurd mindset......

The definition already answer your question.

Did you turn into Breezwood? What's with all the cryptic speak?

I write: Contradiction?! What are you talking about?

You write: The definition already answer [sic] your question.

The definition of faith is contradictory?!

What the beep!

What the beep!

I learned to write simply for people like you who have an amazing difficulty understanding simple statements.

Here is the FULL quote:

"They why do so many religionists say they have FAITH in God, if his existence is already overwhelming?

Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; firm belief in something for which there may be no tangible proof; complete trust, confidence, reliance, or devotion. Faith is the opposite of doubt.

That is contradictory."

which as a reply to YOUR one line statement:

"Of course, the evidence for God's existence is overwhelming. "

=======

The Definition specifically states what FAITH is: Faith is defined as belief with strong conviction; firm belief in something for which there may be no tangible proof;

the total opposite of YOUR statement:

"Of course, the evidence for God's existence is overwhelming."

You finally understand where the contradiction is?

Calm down, ma'am.
Calm down, ma'am.
You mean take a Mydol, you ****. :biggrin:
Only of you really need them. Sure.

What the beep!

He lives by Christian principles but rejects the superstitious parts. What would you call that? If he just lied and said he believed the superstitious stuff too then he would be called a Christian and would not be given credit for the lying bit. I actually think that is extremely common.

Just because he admits that he doesn’t believe it to be true but still lives by Christian principles he is barred from using the word Christian just because he is honest.

Absurd contradiction in the books Title.

Atheism

"The etymological root for the word atheism originated before the 5th century BCE from the ancient Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god(s)". In antiquity, it had multiple uses as a pejorative term applied to those thought to reject the gods worshiped by the larger society"

=====

His other book title: Keeping the Faith is another contradiction for someone claiming to be an Atheist.

He calls himself a Christian Atheist, an absurd mindset......

Maybe a more useful title would be,

“Believing that God doesn’t exist but living as if He does, The Atheist Christian”
image.jpg

You finally understand where the contradiction is?

Thank you for finally making your fallacious argument manifest.

I learned to write simply for people like you who have an amazing difficulty understanding simple statements.

So you begin with ad hominem to set up your straw man, eh? Nice move . . . not.

Definition of faith:

Let's syllogistically recap Sunsettommy's mindless argument:

1. Faith has only one context (the context arbitrarily selected, emboldened and imposed by Sunsettommy. The other contexts magically cease to exist.)​
2. Faith is the firm belief in something for which there may be no tangible proof.​
3. A firm belief in something cannot be predicated on tangible proof (or evidence) as that would entail a contradiction in terms.​

Well looky there! A totally fallacious argument whose conclusion would not follow even if the first premise weren't a bold face lie, and, of course, as we can all now see, the previously implied conclusion (the point Sunsettommy was trying to make all along) is what's contradictory, patently false, stupid, absurd. . . .

He lives by Christian principles but rejects the superstitious parts. What would you call that? If he just lied and said he believed the superstitious stuff too then he would be called a Christian and would not be given credit for the lying bit. I actually think that is extremely common.

Just because he admits that he doesn’t believe it to be true but still lives by Christian principles he is barred from using the word Christian just because he is honest.

He lives by Christian principles?! I know all about Schaeffer. He's an apostate, a liar and a pagan degenerate. For mammon, he betrayed his parents, the faith and God.

Forum List

Back