TULIP (God calls some to atheism)

It sounds like you are a free thinking atheist. You reject the stupid parts of the Bible but accept the parts that are good.
There are no "stupid parts of the Bible." After my own experience of God, the Bible mystified me, I couldn't understand it. That is when I began studying history, cultures, languages. Once I got away from Modern English and Western culture it made great sense.

Keep in mind, I still tend to be a rabble-rouser when it comes to my own opinions of Jacob and Esau (I'm on Esau's side); Saul and David (I favor Saul, and just barely keep myself from despising David); argue that the more secular leader was a great deal more merciful than the priests when it came to the Amalekites, etc. I love Jonah for his failures, etc.

The Bible was written by brilliant people with humor. Try reading God and His ways more as a setting than as a character; it may help to make better sense of the written word.

I am in the process of reading through the Book of Mormon. I find it interesting that all the heroes in the Bible were actually bad people and the heroes of the Book of Mormon are good people.

Jacob was a liar. David was an all around bad guy but was a man after God’s own heart. Paul was a militant murderer of Christians. Solomon was an adulterer to the degree that would make Wilt Chamberlin blush. Samson was a murderer. I think the lesson is that God can use anybody for His service. The sinister side of me tells me that the Bible is actually written for the use of a few elites to utilize to control others. It makes me wonder why in centuries past people were murdered for translating the Bible. The Bible is an easily deciphered coded message for the wicked people of this world and if too many people read the Bible then the wicked people lose their power because we will know what they are up to. Every time a cult leader reaches notoriety we discover that the cult leader had an obsession with the Bible. Maybe it is not a coincidence that all the heroes in the Bible are bad guys. Maybe that is kinda the message. Bad guys rule. Good guys will believe anything you say as long as you use the god concept constantly. You can mold those good guys into anything you want and utilize them to reach any of your goals. Remind them constantly that good people deny themselves and submit to authority. It is almost too transparent to me. I guess I am one of the elites that the Bible was written to.

The next step is becoming a bad guy and utilizing the things I learned from the Bible.
Are you trying to sound like the Churchlady?

View attachment 477327

Don’t tell me that you have never thought of it.

It sounds like you are a free thinking atheist. You reject the stupid parts of the Bible but accept the parts that are good.
There are no "stupid parts of the Bible." After my own experience of God, the Bible mystified me, I couldn't understand it. That is when I began studying history, cultures, languages. Once I got away from Modern English and Western culture it made great sense.

Keep in mind, I still tend to be a rabble-rouser when it comes to my own opinions of Jacob and Esau (I'm on Esau's side); Saul and David (I favor Saul, and just barely keep myself from despising David); argue that the more secular leader was a great deal more merciful than the priests when it came to the Amalekites, etc. I love Jonah for his failures, etc.

The Bible was written by brilliant people with humor. Try reading God and His ways more as a setting than as a character; it may help to make better sense of the written word.

I am in the process of reading through the Book of Mormon. I find it interesting that all the heroes in the Bible were actually bad people and the heroes of the Book of Mormon are good people.

Jacob was a liar. David was an all around bad guy but was a man after God’s own heart. Paul was a militant murderer of Christians. Solomon was an adulterer to the degree that would make Wilt Chamberlin blush. Samson was a murderer. I think the lesson is that God can use anybody for His service. The sinister side of me tells me that the Bible is actually written for the use of a few elites to utilize to control others. It makes me wonder why in centuries past people were murdered for translating the Bible. The Bible is an easily deciphered coded message for the wicked people of this world and if too many people read the Bible then the wicked people lose their power because we will know what they are up to. Every time a cult leader reaches notoriety we discover that the cult leader had an obsession with the Bible. Maybe it is not a coincidence that all the heroes in the Bible are bad guys. Maybe that is kinda the message. Bad guys rule. Good guys will believe anything you say as long as you use the god concept constantly. You can mold those good guys into anything you want and utilize them to reach any of your goals. Remind them constantly that good people deny themselves and submit to authority. It is almost too transparent to me. I guess I am one of the elites that the Bible was written to.

The next step is becoming a bad guy and utilizing the things I learned from the Bible.

View attachment 477327

There is a song we sing called Farther Along.

Then do we wonder why others prosper living so wicked year after year. Farther along we’ll know all about it. Farther along we’ll understand why.

The Bible shows us how to use wickedness to become prosperous.

View attachment 477327

Actually that was what gave credibility to it. Nothing was sugar coated except their exaggerations of the achievements.

It is literally a how to and how not to book. Can't show the how not to's without showing the good and the bad. It is good and bad that give each other meaning.

I don't know what faith you practiced but between that and your atheism it has really dulled your intellect to the point that you might as well be a cantaloupe.

Last edited:

View attachment 477327

Actually that was what gave credibility to it. Nothing was sugar coated except their exaggerations of the achievements.

It is literally a how to and how not to book. Can't show the how not to's without showing the good and the bad. It is good and bad that give each other meaning.

I don't know what faith you practiced but between that an your atheism it has really dulled your intellect to the point that you might as well be a cantaloupe.

Yep. I’m a pure dummy.

View attachment 477327

Then do we wonder why others prosper living so wicked year after year. Farther along we’ll know all about it. Farther along we’ll understand why.

That's a silly conclusion, but shouldn't it have been further along. "farther" refers to actual distances between objects while further refers to figurative distances or something that is additional or more.

Seriously, if you guys couldn't get basic grammar correct, what makes you think you guys should have been tackling the more complex subject of biblical interpretation?

View attachment 477327

I don't know what faith you practiced but between that an your atheism it has really dulled your intellect to the point that you might as well be a cantaloupe.

Yep. I’m a pure dummy.
I really don't mean offense, but it is true. Someone should tell you that, right?

What would it take to assure you that God is real and God cares about you?

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
Why should convincing you be important exactly?
Because people like you say that god kingdom is so fantastic, I want to see it for myself. But so far, nothing but goose eggs.
Then go and find it. No one is stopping you but you.

Just tell us how you found God so that we can use the same method. It turns out this is quite a complicated process for some reason.

Have you ever considered that God hates some people and loves others? (Like the Bible says). If God hates me then He probably doesn’t want me to find Him.

John Calvin is considered the greatest theologian of all times. John Calvin taught that God chooses some and ignores others. His theology actually makes sense and is consistent with the observation of myself and many atheists.

You seem to be an amateur theologian with a theology that makes no sense whatsoever. Are you sure that you and Calvin knew the same god?

Your theology is lacking an explanation for why God reveals Himself to you but refuses to reveal Himself to me. Calvinism explains it plainly and clearly.
Why? You aren't interested in it. You are here to amuse yourself. Besides, I don't believe you are willing or capable to do what is required. But on the off chance I have you pegged all wrong, it's simple. Die to self. Of course, simple does not necessarily mean easy.

So maybe Calvin wasn't as knowledgeable as he thought he was or as you think he was. God is reality and the only way anyone will ever see reality is to die to self. When you can do that you will see how God has worked in your life.
wtf does "die to self" means? Anything? :dunno:
It means you should stop loving yourself so much that you can't see reality.
That makes no sense. It's just some random meaningless homily.
You'll never know because you can't stop loving yourself long enough to find out.
What does loving myself have to do with an invisible being?
Go back and re-read this thread box.
Circular thinking. Didn't make sense the first time.

What would it take to assure you that God is real and God cares about you?

The same way you would prove you are real. I would want Him to stand right in front me me and say, “hi”. That would convince me.
Why should convincing you be important exactly?
Because people like you say that god kingdom is so fantastic, I want to see it for myself. But so far, nothing but goose eggs.
Then go and find it. No one is stopping you but you.

Just tell us how you found God so that we can use the same method. It turns out this is quite a complicated process for some reason.

Have you ever considered that God hates some people and loves others? (Like the Bible says). If God hates me then He probably doesn’t want me to find Him.

John Calvin is considered the greatest theologian of all times. John Calvin taught that God chooses some and ignores others. His theology actually makes sense and is consistent with the observation of myself and many atheists.

You seem to be an amateur theologian with a theology that makes no sense whatsoever. Are you sure that you and Calvin knew the same god?

Your theology is lacking an explanation for why God reveals Himself to you but refuses to reveal Himself to me. Calvinism explains it plainly and clearly.
Why? You aren't interested in it. You are here to amuse yourself. Besides, I don't believe you are willing or capable to do what is required. But on the off chance I have you pegged all wrong, it's simple. Die to self. Of course, simple does not necessarily mean easy.

So maybe Calvin wasn't as knowledgeable as he thought he was or as you think he was. God is reality and the only way anyone will ever see reality is to die to self. When you can do that you will see how God has worked in your life.
wtf does "die to self" means? Anything? :dunno:
It means you should stop loving yourself so much that you can't see reality.
That makes no sense. It's just some random meaningless homily.
You'll never know because you can't stop loving yourself long enough to find out.
What does loving myself have to do with an invisible being?
Go back and re-read this thread box.
Circular thinking. Didn't make sense the first time.
That's because you inserted something that wasn't there, dummy.

Indeed and that becomes obvious with sufficient studying of Christians. However, there always seem to remain just enough of the most naïve and cluelessly brainwashed to make it appear all innocent and happy as shit from a distance. :spinner:

Last edited:
Meyer, who owns several homes and travels in a private jet (currently a Gulfstream G-IV),[8][9] has been criticized by some[who?] for living an excessive lifestyle. She responded that she doesn't have to defend her spending habits because "... there's no need for us to apologize for being blessed."[8] Meyer commented, "You can be a businessman here in St. Louis, and people think the more you have, the more wonderful it is ... but if you're a preacher, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem."[8]
Franklin Graham takes $622,252 per year with additional increments that have made him the highest-paid pastor in the world.
T. D. Jakes Net Worth: T. D. Jakes is an American bishop, author, and filmmaker who has a net worth of $20 million. He is the Apostle/Bishop of The Potter's House, a non-denominational megachurch.
Greed is good. The Bible tells me so (only $9.95 hurry, limited time offer!)

Meyer, who owns several homes and travels in a private jet (currently a Gulfstream G-IV),[8][9] has been criticized by some[who?] for living an excessive lifestyle. She responded that she doesn't have to defend her spending habits because "... there's no need for us to apologize for being blessed."[8] Meyer commented, "You can be a businessman here in St. Louis, and people think the more you have, the more wonderful it is ... but if you're a preacher, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem."[8]
Franklin Graham takes $622,252 per year with additional increments that have made him the highest-paid pastor in the world.
T. D. Jakes Net Worth: T. D. Jakes is an American bishop, author, and filmmaker who has a net worth of $20 million. He is the Apostle/Bishop of The Potter's House, a non-denominational megachurch.

Oh yeah. I’ve been saying this through the entire thread. Christians are easy Pickens for profiteers. or is it propheteers? Sometimes I get the word prophet and profit mixed up.

You are thinking of Ayn Rand.

No. He specifically mentioned TD Jakes and Franklin Graham. Ayn Rand is dead.

Oh yeah. I’ve been saying this through the entire thread. Christians are easy Pickens for profiteers. or is it propheteers? Sometimes I get the word prophet and profit mixed up.

Indeed and that becomes obvious with sufficient studying of Christians. However, there always seem to remain just enough of the most naïve and cluelessly brainwashed to make it appear all innocent and happy as shit from a distance. :spinner:
vasuderatorrent.gif

Greed is good would be a concept from objectivism which was Ayn's philosophical system, cantaloupe.

Greed is good would be a concept from objectivism which was Ayn's philosophical system, cantaloupe.

This thread has nothing to do with Objectivism at all.

This thread has nothing to do with Objectivism at all.
Neither is arguing that the bible teaches that greed is good. So what's your point?

Cause everyone knows that greed, bamboozling, grifting and just generally being a bad person is wholly unique to be a Christian, right? Cause being an atheist automatically makes you immune to all forms of imperfection.

And you people don't see yourselves as church ladies. :rolleyes:

1617828887893.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back