Trying to understand Trump Derangement Syndrome.

There is a difference in TDS and dislike or hatred of past Presidents. There were people who didn't like Donald Trump before his beat down of HRC. But what we saw on election night was real pain and anguish from Hillary supporters. Why? I think it had more to do with a group of people refusing to accept that they were wrong. The Democrats and their puppet media seized on the emotion and fueled Trump hatred with every smear piece they could find or fabricate. "No we didn't lose, Trump STOLE the election! He's a RUSSIAN AGENT! He said Grab them by the pussy! He said ....blah...blah...blah...". Three years of the daily barrage of Trump bashing and this is what you get.

There is a difference in TDS and dislike or hatred of past Presidents. There were people who didn't like Donald Trump before his beat down of HRC. But what we saw on election night was real pain and anguish from Hillary supporters. Why? I think it had more to do with a group of people refusing to accept that they were wrong. The Democrats and their puppet media seized on the emotion and fueled Trump hatred with every smear piece they could find or fabricate. "No we didn't lose, Trump STOLE the election! He's a RUSSIAN AGENT! He said Grab them by the pussy! He said ....blah...blah...blah...". Three years of the daily barrage of Trump bashing and this is what you get.
Exactly, Mike. Nicely and succinctly put. Thank you.

We've been through it before many times, but nothing like what we're seeing since 2016.
In my lifetime there was Nixon, Carter, Clinton, Bush and Obama who were fairly polarizing and disliked by their respective opposing parties for different reasons, but the Trump-haters are something else entirely.

Who exactly are the “Resistance,” as explored in Kim Strassel’s new book “Resistance (At All Costs): How Trump Haters are Breaking America”? How are “Trump haters” different from “Trump critics?” How is the Resistance different from past political movements? What are the long-term implications of its activities? And how are the media involved?

It sounds like the problem is you're using the wrong definition of tDS.

Here is the proper one:

Trump Derangement Syndrome, is the unwavering adoration and devotion to a political leader, beginning with Donald Trump the namesake of the disorder, extending to other forms of leadership including presidents and rulers typically of a fascist or populist nature. While the name is meant to have pejorative connotations the actual condition is characterized primarily by behaviors found in in "cult of leader" or "cult of personality" scenarios.

It sounds like the problem is you're using the wrong definition of tDS.

Here is the proper one:

Trump Derangement Syndrome, is the unwavering adoration and devotion to a political leader, beginning with Donald Trump the namesake of the disorder, extending to other forms of leadership including presidents and rulers typically of a fascist or populist nature. While the name is meant to have pejorative connotations the actual condition is characterized primarily by behaviors found in in "cult of leader" or "cult of personality" scenarios.
I believe I'll be the judge of whether or not my definition is correct.
Thanks for the positive input though Charlie ! You're a groovy guy.

Let's hope that as the media won't apologize for lying to us for 4 years that as the truth gradually leaks out , pun intended., it will make a big difference in November. I expect Trump in a landslide is very possible.

TDS is far more serious than we first thought. Democrats are willing to commit freaking treason and destroy the economy to get rid of the President.

TDS is far more serious than we first thought. Democrats are willing to commit freaking treason and destroy the economy to get rid of the President.
I knew it was pretty bad right away, but when Comey got fired then went on a book tour
and people like Clapper, McCabe and Brennan started being hired by CNN and MSNBC
calling Trump a traitor ? C'mon. How can any rational intelligent person not take a step back and see the swampiness for what it is ?

We've been through it before many times, but nothing like what we're seeing since 2016.
In my lifetime there was Nixon, Carter, Clinton, Bush and Obama who were fairly polarizing and disliked by their respective opposing parties for different reasons, but the Trump-haters are something else entirely.

Who exactly are the “Resistance,” as explored in Kim Strassel’s new book “Resistance (At All Costs): How Trump Haters are Breaking America”? How are “Trump haters” different from “Trump critics?” How is the Resistance different from past political movements? What are the long-term implications of its activities? And how are the media involved?

In my opinion is started under Clinton. That's when the hate really started. Righties couldn't believe that some hayseed from Arkansas could bet Bush Snr. And they gave it to him from Day 1. Let's not forget the amount of time and money they spent on a blow job. Whitewater. I could go on.
So, when Dumbya came to power, the lefties got stuck in. Didn't help that he went into two wars based on lies and with the backing of his chickenhawk cabal of Cheney, Wolfawitz, Rumsfeld etc.
Then in comes Obama - an uppity Nigra! How dare he win! Oh, but wait, he was born in Kenya! He's a Muslim! He fucked the country (well, no, he got it on an even keel after being handed a shitstain economy by Bush)
So what do you expect Angelo, when a freak show like Trump gets elected? If the guy was at least competent, then sure...lefties would have less to whine about. But on any level - not even political - he is a disgusting example of humanity - bloviated, entitled, incurious, narcissistic, misogynistic, seems racist. I could go on. Forget he's the president, just as a basic person he's a shitstain. There is nothing even remotely redeeming about him. I thought Bush jnr wasnt that bright, but also thought he was harmless and amiable. I'm sure some of the mothers of those killed in Iraq or Afghanistan might beg to differ, but I don't think at his core he is an arsehole. Trump? It's just in him - and he has no idea. He is like a deer in headlights, which is what happens when you have been surrounded by 'yes' men your whole life. And I think that is the core of his problem. He's even a little confused as to why people oppose him because nobody does in his business life because he surrounds himself with sycophants.

Last edited:
Folks I can explain this whole question in 3 words.

JEALOUSY......JEALOUSY...............JEALOUSY

Now lets be thankful and wolf down some hot dogs celebrating Hillary Rotten Clinton is not prez.

Thank You!

I think it's more like "abortion abortion abortion" but you are right, they ARE jealous that Trump has been able to nominate so many to the bench and they are horrified that he will get the opportunity to nominate and get approved even more.

I think it's more like "abortion abortion abortion" but you are right, they ARE jealous that Trump has been able to nominate so many to the bench and they are horrified that he will get the opportunity to nominate and get approved even more.
Absolutely untrue. Not one person on the left I know is jealous of him. Not one. Horrified would be the correct adjective.

Absolutely untrue. Not one person on the left I know is jealous of him. Not one. Horrified would be the correct adjective.

That explains all the whining. . .

NOT!

Exactly right! ^^^

They will never forgive that President Trump beat the witch Killary Klinton.......(and every day that goes by I give thanks for that! :2up: )

That fact, the fact alone that he won the elections, is the start of their TDS.

NOT!

Um, yeah it does. You expect people who think he is despicable are not going to whine about him?

NOT!

Um, yeah it does. You expect people who think he is despicable are not going to whine about him?

I can't get past the fact that you are whining now.

I fucking LOATHED Blubba Klinton when he was in office.

I damn sure didn't create dozens of threads with the equivalent to "orange man bad" themes to them, fucking day in and day out. . . for 8 fucking years.

But, please don't think I'm actually bitching about that. You tardz have done a great service to the nation with your snowflake self identifications, so the rest of us can simply tune you out.

Forum List

Back