Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

More good reasons from my link to require ID's to vote.

In Tennessee, a state senate race in 2005 that was decided by only 13 votes led to the expulsion of the winner from the legislature after it was found that votes had been cast by individuals who were dead at the time of the election, felons whose vot*ing rights had not been restored, voters whose resi*dences were vacant lots, and voters who actually lived outside of the district

The republican party has a very long history of these types of moves.

Court documented cold hard evidence.

How voter ID laws keep elections honest

Supreme Court upholds voter ID law

and here's a good one...

Chafee: Voter ID in RI is a 'reasonable request' - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal
The voter identification legislation was introduced on behalf of Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis, a Democrat, and was backed by both Democratic and Republican leaders in the General Assembly.

"As the General Assembly debated legislation requiring Rhode Island voters to present valid identification at the polls, I met with a number of experts on both sides to discuss this complex issue," Governor Chafee continued. "Notably, I spoke with representatives of our state's minority communities, and I found their concerns about voter fraud and their support for this bill particularly compelling."

"Having reflected a great deal on the issue, I believe that requiring identification at the polling place is a reasonable request to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our elections," Governor Chafee concluded. "As a result, I have signed into law H-5680 and S-400."

"The perception that identity theft could occur at the polls weakens the public's faith in the fairness of our elections," Secretary of State Mollis said. "Voting should be at least as secure as everyday tasks like renting a car or getting a library card that routinely require ID. Photo ID ensures that poll workers can match a face to the name that voters give them when they obtain their ballots at the polls. The simple act of asking for ID protects the rights of every voter."

"No one will be denied the opportunity to vote," Mollis emphasized. "Every voter who does not bring ID can cast a provisional ballot, which we already use whenever there is a question about eligibility."

I bet TM's head just exploded when he saw Democrats intorduce and support a Voter ID law!

How voter ID laws keep elections honest

Supreme Court upholds voter ID law

and here's a good one...

Chafee: Voter ID in RI is a 'reasonable request' - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal
The voter identification legislation was introduced on behalf of Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis, a Democrat, and was backed by both Democratic and Republican leaders in the General Assembly.

"As the General Assembly debated legislation requiring Rhode Island voters to present valid identification at the polls, I met with a number of experts on both sides to discuss this complex issue," Governor Chafee continued. "Notably, I spoke with representatives of our state's minority communities, and I found their concerns about voter fraud and their support for this bill particularly compelling."

"Having reflected a great deal on the issue, I believe that requiring identification at the polling place is a reasonable request to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our elections," Governor Chafee concluded. "As a result, I have signed into law H-5680 and S-400."

"The perception that identity theft could occur at the polls weakens the public's faith in the fairness of our elections," Secretary of State Mollis said. "Voting should be at least as secure as everyday tasks like renting a car or getting a library card that routinely require ID. Photo ID ensures that poll workers can match a face to the name that voters give them when they obtain their ballots at the polls. The simple act of asking for ID protects the rights of every voter."

"No one will be denied the opportunity to vote," Mollis emphasized. "Every voter who does not bring ID can cast a provisional ballot, which we already use whenever there is a question about eligibility."

I bet TM's head just exploded when he saw Democrats intorduce and support a Voter ID law!

All of those "Gawsh look, voter ID laws are legal hyuk hyuk" links and other bull don't mean shit. This isn't just about voter ID laws anymore, that's old news. This is about mandating voter IDs AND closing DMV offices

Since when do you need a photo ID for a job? usually it's just a SS Card... or even a SS number.

You don't have a job, do you?

Try Googling
I-9 requirements
:eusa_shhh:

Fuck you.... I've had a job since I was 14... I'm now 46...

I looked up the I-9 requirements...

a combination of a voter ID card(which does not have a photo...at least in my neck of the woods), and a social Security Card are enough to establish Identity and eligibility.

You lose.
Then you are a 46 yr old liar.
A voter ID card is not an allowable form of identification for list A.B, or C.

Requiring photo IDs are not an obstacle to legal voters voting.

They are when you follow it up with DMV closings

I'm STILL waiting for proof that the DMV closings were ONLY in Democratic areas of the state, as previously posted in this thread.

The Republicans refused to let a Democratic legislature have a map which would have shown which ones are being closed. I think that says a lot. Do they have highly classified military secrets or something on those maps?

Show me the fraud they are designed to prevent.

There is no fraud of this type that is capable of changing any election.

So you are supporting spending millions of dollars to keep legal Americans from voting.

Well, since you asked so nicely.

Soon after the investigation started, it became evident that this was not a case of isolated wrongdoing, but rather a case of extensive, substantial, and widespread fraud in precincts and wards throughout Chicago. The FBI investigators concluded that their regular tools-interviewing witnesses, obtaining documents, and using handwriting experts to analyze signatures on documents-would not be up to the task. After all, to conduct a complete investigation, they would have to review "virtually all of the 1,000,000 ballot applications submitted in the City of Chicago in the November election" as well as the voter lists maintained by the election board for all of Chicago's 2,910 precincts (comprising approximately 1.6 million voters) to check for the names of voters registered in more than one precinct, as well as registered voters who were dead.[19]

So the FBI employed a new and unique tool in vote fraud investigation: a computer. Because this had never been done before, the FBI had to write a computer program that would match data between the list of registered voters, the list of individuals who had voted, and other databases. To that end, the FBI and federal prosecutors obtained death records from the Bureau of Vital Statistics; local, state, and federal prison records; the national Social Security list; Immigration and Naturalization Service records on aliens; driver's license records; and even utility (gas, electric, water, and telephone) records.[20]

Locker was shocked at the sheer magnitude of the number of fraudulent votes and the fact that fraud occurred in every single Chicago precinct.[21] More than 3,000 votes had been cast in the names of individuals who were dead, and more than 31,000 individuals had voted twice in different locations in the city.[22] Thousands of individuals had supposedly voted despite being incarcerated at the time of the election, and utility records showed that some individuals who voted were registered as living on vacant lots.

Where Theres Smoke Theres Fire 100000 Stolen Votes in Chicago | The Heritage Foundation

The Heritage Foundation is not a good source of anything but partisan hackery

Shit! You owe me a new keyboard as this one now has coffee all over it.

What the hell? You go throughout this thread acting as if a teamster blog is a reliable source and then you have the nerve to post this shit?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Immie

I'm STILL waiting for proof that the DMV closings were ONLY in Democratic areas of the state, as previously posted in this thread.

The Republicans refused to let a Democratic legislature have a map which would have shown which ones are being closed. I think that says a lot. Do they have highly classified military secrets or something on those maps?

Are you suggesting they acted like the former speaker of the house Nasty pelosi?

Anything to back that up? You know not allowed to see it when they had to cast votes.

you gotta understand tm wants folks to walk in from russia, iran, korea,, and she wants them to cast their votes.. anything less is obstruction.. we can't cure idiot.

The OP? Sounds to me like they want AMERICANS to be able to vote

proof please?

There is no need to make obsticles to voting.

Why do you think its good for the US to have fewer voters?

Because you know it benifits your party.

You put party over country

Why do you think it's good for people not to have an I.D.? Everyone should have an I.D. whether they vote or not.

You give no reason why they are needed.

The type of fraud this costly measure is claimed to prevent doesnt statically exsist

To get a job, cash a check, board an airplane.....

All sorts of things that makes one a productive member of society

Its from an article that says the bill is not yet finished and presented.

If this is not true then the right can prove that by NEVER presenting such an ANTI AMERICAN bill huh?

That works for me

I dont read propaganda

You read the Teamster Nation piece that started this thread, didn't you? Or were you simply told to include it in any messages you post about this stuff by the latest Talking Points Memo that came out of the DNC?

Immie

Forum List

Back