Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

Immy did you try to follow the links in the piece?

they go straight back to the article.

They NEVER show you the information they pretend to link to

You don't have a job, do you?

Try Googling
I-9 requirements
:eusa_shhh:

Fuck you.... I've had a job since I was 14... I'm now 46...

I looked up the I-9 requirements...

a combination of a voter ID card(which does not have a photo...at least in my neck of the woods), and a social Security Card are enough to establish Identity and eligibility.

You lose.
Then you are a 46 yr old liar.
A voter ID card is not an allowable form of identification for list A.B, or C.

No... you just can't read... your name isn't Johnny is it? I saw a documentary about you.

From the website I-9 Requirements - Document Lists

List B - Documents that Establish Identity

Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
School ID card with a photograph
Voter's registration card
U.S. military card or draft record
Military dependent's ID card
U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
Native American tribal document
Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

(For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:)
School record or report card
Clinic, doctor, or hospital record
Day-care or nursery school record

List C - Documents that Establish Employment Authorization

A Social Security account number card other than one that specifies on the face that the issuance of the card does not authorize employment in the United States*
Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)
Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)
Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security

In case you didn't see what I BOLDED, It's #4 on the "B" list.

Immy did you try to follow the links in the piece?

they go straight back to the article.

They NEVER show you the information they pretend to link to

They go straight to an article from "progressiveyou" or something like that. That is no more reliable than the Teamsters. Just look at the name of the source. Nothing more needs to be said. They are partisan and provided no proof of their accusations. Not that a political entity needs proof of anything they want the general public to believe.

Immie

Transportation Department executive assistant Reggie Newson denied that politics was behind the office closure plan, saying the decisions were being made based on what made the most economic sense.

"This has nothing to do with politics," he said. "We're trying to make sure that we can provide service in each county statewide efficiently."

Department officials briefed lawmakers who represent areas affected by the closures this week. Newson said no final decisions have been made, but they plan to implement the changes starting in January.

The recently enacted state budget requires that DMV driver license and ID card services be offered in all 72 counties at least 20 hours a week. Currently, only 30 counties have offices that meet that 20-hour requirement.

Once the changes are made, there will be 625 more hours of DMV service to the public a week or about 32,000 hours more a year, said Kristina Boardman, the department's director of field services who is overseeing the plan.

Starting next year, voters must present a valid driver's license or other acceptable photo identification in order to vote. Critics of that new requirement have said it would be unconstitutional if courts determined voters couldn't easily access DMV centers where they can obtain the ID cards required in order to vote.

The state currently operates 88 DMV centers but it would drop to 78 under the tentative plan, Newson said. Many of those targeted for closure, like the one in Fort Atkinson, are temporary sites and not leased spaces, like the larger office in Watertown, he said.

Wis. DMV says closure decisions aren't final - BusinessWeek

Transportation Department executive assistant Reggie Newson denied that politics was behind the office closure plan, saying the decisions were being made based on what made the most economic sense.

"This has nothing to do with politics," he said. "We're trying to make sure that we can provide service in each county statewide efficiently."

Department officials briefed lawmakers who represent areas affected by the closures this week. Newson said no final decisions have been made, but they plan to implement the changes starting in January.

The recently enacted state budget requires that DMV driver license and ID card services be offered in all 72 counties at least 20 hours a week. Currently, only 30 counties have offices that meet that 20-hour requirement.

Once the changes are made, there will be 625 more hours of DMV service to the public a week or about 32,000 hours more a year, said Kristina Boardman, the department's director of field services who is overseeing the plan.

Starting next year, voters must present a valid driver's license or other acceptable photo identification in order to vote. Critics of that new requirement have said it would be unconstitutional if courts determined voters couldn't easily access DMV centers where they can obtain the ID cards required in order to vote.

The state currently operates 88 DMV centers but it would drop to 78 under the tentative plan, Newson said. Many of those targeted for closure, like the one in Fort Atkinson, are temporary sites and not leased spaces, like the larger office in Watertown, he said.

How the hell did facts get in here? The left isnt going to be happy.

I can hear it now. Im not reading it, its propaganda.

did this govenor close DMVs?

did they not just pass a law that requires people to have DMV ids?
Aaaaaaaand?

And you don't see the connection???? Are you really that fucking dumb?????
Well, if I were you, I wouldn't go tossing around the 'fucking dumb' moniker because it is going to bite you in your ass.

First of all, there are no closures. Idiot.

Secondly, IF there were closures, there is ONLY the assumption that the closures are only in Democrat-rich districts. Idiot.

Now, don't you feel foolish?

Moron.

You know she'll say that BusinessWeek is partisan because the facts don't fit her talking points from the Teamsters.

This is how the right reacts to the cold hard facts of their partys intentions.

They dont care if their party cheats out the wazoo

You know she'll say that BusinessWeek is partisan because the facts don't fit her talking points from the Teamsters.

:lol: I originally found this article in Forbes but nixed posting because . . well, you know. :lol:

Fuck you.... I've had a job since I was 14... I'm now 46...

I looked up the I-9 requirements...

a combination of a voter ID card(which does not have a photo...at least in my neck of the woods), and a social Security Card are enough to establish Identity and eligibility.

You lose.
Then you are a 46 yr old liar.
A voter ID card is not an allowable form of identification for list A.B, or C.

No... you just can't read... your name isn't Johnny is it? I saw a documentary about you.

From the website I-9 Requirements - Document Lists

List B - Documents that Establish Identity

Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
School ID card with a photograph
Voter's registration card
U.S. military card or draft record
Military dependent's ID card
U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

(For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:)
School record or report card
Clinic, doctor, or hospital record
Day-care or nursery school record

List C - Documents that Establish Employment Authorization

A Social Security account number card other than one that specifies on the face that the issuance of the card does not authorize employment in the United States*
Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)
Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)
Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security

In case you didn't see what I BOLDED, It's #4 on the "B" list.
Ok.
I stand corrected. :cool:
I've never been presented a voter ID when I hired someone.
But, seeing how all the other forms of ID on that list have a photo, wouldn't it stand to reason that the voter ID in question require a photo ID to acquire it?

This is a decdaes long pattern by the republican party to keep poor people from voting.

Its court documented and unavoidable

This is what happens when Democrats allow,illegals, and double ,triple voting, busing to precincts where they don't live,so that they can cheat at voting.
How dare they pass laws to stop this crappy cheating.

This is a decdaes long pattern by the republican party to keep poor people from voting.

Its court documented and unavoidable

Did you miss the entire conversation above your post.

Since a Voter ID is an allowable form of identification for filling out an I-9, we need to have a photo presented for it to be legitimate.

Why aren't you crying foul to having to present photo ID to get a job?

Could it be that you would rather be able to elect someone that will take care of your every need, thus making it unnecessary to get a job of your own :confused:

Wisconsin DMV Tells Boy His Bank Account Doesn

A video has surfaced of a boy trying to get one of the new Wisconsin Voter IDs that were ushered in by the signing of new a voting law in the state. Shot by the boy's mother with the clear intention of indicting the process, the video shows the pair going from station to station at the DMV, asking all of the right questions as to why there are so many hurdles to acquiring this constitutionally guaranteed ID card.

It is a shame the video is not edited more briskly -- at almost ten minutes in length its viral spread will certainly be thwarted -- but it nonetheless lends itself to breath-holding drama because of this fact.

The first station clerk determines that the boy's bank account does not display enough "activity" to constitute a proof of address form. This is not only absurd ("does he use it?") but a clear privacy infringement as is the follow up question of whether or not the account is of the "checking" or "savings" variety. "Oh, it's just a savings," the clerk remarks. The mother throws a subtle jab, countering that "he's unemployed."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back