Trump's Supreme Court tax records case

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Do the Democrats have the right to examine President Trump's tax records?
It looks like that it is just straight up political harassment.

Fourth Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated.

The president's lawyers are making the case that the president is above the law and immune to subpoena. Every one of those justices realize the gravity and the danger of exempting the president from congressional oversight. I do not think they are going to let him have this one.

The president's lawyers are making the case that the president is above the law and immune to subpoena. Every one of those justices realize the gravity and the danger of exempting the president from congressional oversight. I do not think they are going to let him have this one.
No, congress doesn't have the right to seize Trump's personal records.
If they did, it would make ever President unable to do his job due to constant harassment.

If they did, it would make ever President unable to do his job due to constant harassment.
Even though he is incapable of thinking of himself as such the president is a public servant. He is entitled to less privacy than a private citizen. It's obvious he was not aware of this before he became president.

Even though he is incapable of thinking of himself as such the president is a public servant. He is entitled to less privacy than a private citizen. It's obvious he was not aware of this before he became president.
Not quite true.

They have to be investigating something. They have no oversight over his tax returns. You keep forgetting, A
President, by law, does not have to divulge his tax returns.

I'm sorry but this is the SCOTUS. Congress wants those tax returns to try and find something to use as a
political talking point. They're gonna have to find a crime first or they will not see those records

Fourth Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated.
Do you pay taxes? This is not an unreasonable search.

Fourth Amendment

We should get to review Bidens medical records and his ties to Burisma, Kerry as well, Pelosi and Mittens

Congress has no such real subpoena power, especially against the executive branch. It’s called separation of powers. Do you think the President should have the power to seize personal documents from members of Congress?

If President Trump broke the law regarding taxes, then why isn’t the IRS after him?

Fourth Amendment
Yes it is, because no crime has been committed. Is the FBI or IRS investigating him? No.

So you saying Congress is above the president?

Fourth Amendment
We are no the president.

Fourth Amendment
That damned constitution is screwing up the Democrats plans again.

All patriots are aware of the Bill of Rights.

Were aware that it has no TDS exception.

When the left goes to these extremes again I ask what do we have the I.R.S.? It's there job.

Trump is audited by the IRS every year. Armies of accountants and IRS agents pour over his financial records. Dems have no basis for demanding access to Trump's personal tax returns other than wanting to go on a fishing expedition to dig up some dirt they can lie and spin about. Lets remember what they did with Romney's, they LIED claiming he paid no taxes. Lied repeatedly. When Dem senate majority speaker was asked about his lies after the election he shrugged and said, "we won didn't we".

Forum List

Back