Trump's Pseudo-Concession Speech Triggers Parler

As reported by the Guardian.

Now that Trump has told the commies to stick the inauguration maybe the complainers will feel better. How's that lunch coming along? The one where the incoming visits the outgoing. Not happening is it?
Who cares? I doubt Biden wants an invitation to sit down with Trump, nor would he want Trump at his inauguration.

Ouch. Well, that is pretty bad. Twitter lets this stuff go out and then they ban the President???? Golly, seems a little hypocritical to me.
He said this on Parler

Wow. That explains it. Thank you very much!
Lots of these Parler comments will not age well at all.....comments that will be very hard to try to explain to someone 4 or 5 months from now, let alone years from now....Like this one.....
ErOTJjzU0AAfqNn.jpg

This comment is interesting because I predict MAGA folks will talk about creating their own party and call it the Patriot party -- just like folks embarrassed about their GOP affiliation after the Bush years; decided to rebrand themselves as Independents and later the "Tea Party" -- but still part of the same ole GOP pushing the same ole policies.....

Ouch. Well, that is pretty bad. Twitter lets this stuff go out and then they ban the President???? Golly, seems a little hypocritical to me.
He said this on Parler

Lots of these Parler comments will not age well at all.....comments that will be very hard to try to explain to someone 4 or 5 months from now, let alone years from now....Like this one.....
View attachment 439450

This comment is interesting because I predict MAGA folks will talk about creating their own party and call it the Patriot party -- just like folks embarrassed about their GOP affiliation after the Bush years; decided to rebrand themselves as Independents and later the "Tea Party" -- but still part of the same ole GOP pushing the same ole policies.....

I've been saying for years that I want, want, want a real Libertarian Party; that I'd like the GOP to metamorphize into Libertarians.

I didn't know we'd have to go thru ALL THIS to think about it!

He said this on Parler

View attachment 439450

I've been saying for years that I want, want, want a real Libertarian Party; that I'd like the GOP to metamorphize into Libertarians.

I didn't know we'd have to go thru ALL THIS to think about it!
There is a libertarian party -- problem is -- libertarianism sucks.......

For one - there are 91817817 different kinds of libertarians....why?

Because a new strand of Libertarian is created every time reality exposes how flawed their ideology is.....

Because a new strand of Libertarian is created every time reality exposes how flawed their ideology is.....

Yes, well, there is that.

On the other hand, you could also say the same of the other two parties.

Yes, well, there is that.

On the other hand, you could also say the same of the other two parties.
Not really...since the other two parties at least have over 150 years or so of legislative skins on the wall --- for better or worse...

Meanwhile, a Libertarian system has never existed.....anywhere....because if one is to believe that there should be no monopolization of force - then the only things that comes from that is bad....

Meanwhile, a Libertarian system has never existed.....anywhere....because if one is to believe that there should be no monopolization of force - then the only things that comes from that is bad....

No, that's anarchism. No monopoly on violence, no authoritarianism at all. No nothing, no government.

The core of Libertarianism, as I understand it, is government strictly limited to defense against foreign invasion, and crime prevention and I mean REAL crime, not nonsense like if people won't bake a cake for homosexuals.

And possibly Interstate highways. I can never figure out that one.

Not really...since the other two parties at least have over 150 years or so of legislative skins on the wall --- for better or worse...

But seriously --- the parties have changed radically into each other at least twice now in that 150 years. And continue to change radically: all those never-Trumpers couldn't deal with the latest change to the Republican Party. So I don't view the, ah, somewhat uncertain nature of the Libertarians as much of an issue. The bottom line for me is, people not telling me what I have to do!!! When it's no damn business of theirs WHAT I do!! That's why I want to be a Libertarian and I want that to be a major party.
I know, I know, hope on, hope ever. :doubt:

No, that's anarchism. No monopoly on violence, no authoritarianism at all. No nothing, no government.

The core of Libertarianism, as I understand it, is government strictly limited to defense against foreign invasion, and crime prevention and I mean REAL crime, not nonsense like if people won't bake a cake for homosexuals.

No government huh?

Cool....how do you enforce property rights?? Including intellectual property??

How do you enforce contracts??

No government huh?

I don't know. I have read three books on it and I do subscribe to "Reason" (cute kids: but they are so YOUNG! Nice mag, though. Great photography.). But I can't figure it out at all, probably because as you say, there are many, many variants. And no one has ever actually tried it on the ground.

But the idea of government staying OUT of my business, not making me stay home, lockdown, never show my face in public? Oh, yeah, I'd support a government like that in a New York minute and let them worry about copyright later.

But seriously --- the parties have changed radically into each other at least twice now in that 150 years. And continue to change radically: all those never-Trumpers couldn't deal with the latest change to the Republican Party. So I don't view the, ah, somewhat uncertain nature of the Libertarians as much of an issue. The bottom line for me is, people not telling me what I have to do!!! When it's no damn business of theirs WHAT I do!! That's why I want to be a Libertarian and I want that to be a major party.
I know, I know, hope on, hope ever. :doubt:
What is going to happen with base Republicans after a huge defeat will be what usually happens with them -- just follow what happened in 2008....

The same thing will happen this time -- except they will insist on being more batshit crazy and claim the only problem with Trump is that he wasn't batshit crazy enough....

When you have been feeding a base of voters uncut heroin for the past 20 or so years -- they are not gonna cut back - they are going to demand more and there will always be someone willing to supply it

No government huh?

I don't know. I have read three books on it and I do subscribe to "Reason" (cute kids: but they are so YOUNG! Nice mag, though. Great photography.). But I can't figure it out at all, probably because as you say, there are many, many variants. And no one has ever actually tried it on the ground.

But the idea of government staying OUT of my business, not making me stay home, lockdown, never show my face in public? Oh, yeah, I'd support a government like that in a New York minute and let them worry about copyright later.
Some have tried it -- it just didn't work and they don't really broadcast those failures because it kind of ruins the "magic" of Libertarianism.....In fact they have tried it many times.....

For example, the guy who created PayPal and Milton Friedman's grandson tried it on the "water" and it failed miserably.....its called sea-steading....didn't really catch on........

They also tried it on a smaller scale in Colorado -- it also failed miserably.....if you haven't ever heard of these experiments -- that is probably kinda proof of how it sucks....

No government huh?

Some have tried it -- it just didn't work and they don't really broadcast those failures because it kind of ruins the "magic" of Libertarianism.....In fact they have tried it many times.....

For example, the guy who created PayPal and Milton Friedman's grandson tried it on the "water" and it failed miserably.....its called sea-steading....didn't really catch on........

They also tried it on a smaller scale in Colorado -- it also failed miserably.....if you haven't ever heard of these experiments -- that is probably kinda proof of how it sucks....

"Distress" !! The scifi by Greg Egan. I've read it a lot of times. It was a made-up island like you are talking about, I think, and they had a totally Libertarian government. It worked fine. . . . of course, that was scifi fiction.

The same thing will happen this time -- except they will insist on being more batshit crazy and claim the only problem with Trump is that he wasn't batshit crazy enough....

When you have been feeding a base of voters uncut heroin for the past 20 or so years -- they are not gonna cut back - they are going to demand more and there will always be someone willing to supply it

I actually think you are right about that. Trumpism worked GREAT and will be copied, copied, copied. You see how all these guys are lining up and pushing and shoving to claim Trump's voter base. They'll have to use some of his methods to keep us. This is a genie flying high, and its bottle is broken into small pieces.

No government huh?

"Distress" !! The scifi by Greg Egan. I've read it a lot of times. It was a made-up island like you are talking about, I think, and they had a totally Libertarian government. It worked fine. . . . of course, that was scifi fiction.
Yea, I think with most of these sea-steading places -- you have to be moderately wealthy to be there to begin with -- then, you still will be relying on US currency -- you still will be relying on cheap labor -- either brought in physically, or just relying on already established labor markets.....

At the end of the day -- libertarianism is just about greed and not having to pay taxes and it ultimately ends up in feudalism....that is why they always try to entice people with the "weed is legal" talk....

Trump was just trying to say he's sorry for causing trouble and a few deaths. He'll be back again on Monday trying to incite violence in a clever way that can't be interpreted as criminal behaviour.

He's no Fidel or a Che.

He's a phony narcissist who only needs attention and some of his followers to do the dirty work.

No revolution this time magats! Wrong leader!

At the end of the day -- libertarianism is just about greed and not having to pay taxes and it ultimately ends up in feudalism....that is why they always try to entice people with the "weed is legal" talk....

Your article about Colorado Springs was a lot about money. Not much taxes. Huh. I always thought Libertarianism had the emphasis on freedom. I am no pot smoker, but now that it's free I find being a Libertarian stretches the mind in rubber-band ways --- AAAaaaaaccckk! It's legal, so I can't object! Even if it's a family member!! Darn. But okay.

Forum List

Back