Trumps newer plan.

Only traitors want the country in ruin. Our response to the pandemic has been the worst in the world. The USA should never be the worst at anything.
According to brainless
Traitor = the govt not abusing power. Not betraying their oath.
Lol you cant make this shit up folks
We are being attacked by this virus. I reject the idea that the constitution limits our ability to fight it. You on the other hand want us to lose. That is not the American way!
where does the constitution give the govt the power to "fight" it?
What a loser you are. The constitution doesn’t specifically mention fighting a global pandemic so we have to lose. What is wrong with you? You hate the country that much?

The constitution certainly does have the general welfare clause.

Which this most certainly falls under maintaining the general welfare of our nation.

The conservatives are violating the constitution requirement to maintain and promote the general welfare of the nation.

Trumps plan is to denounce Dr. Fauci at every turn. WTH?
Instead of trying to keep the death numbers under the 1918-1919 great epidemic.
600K. Dead 500 million infected. We are headed to equal those numbers.
Hard to believe but that’s gonna be trumps legacy.
He could imediatley legislate manditory masks, distancing, close bars, no groups bigger than 10. Even his cdc guy said today that if we all wore masks the covid would be under control. Trump is unable to lead. Period.
you must not be from this country because trump cant do any of those things,,,
President executive order only acts on stupid partisan stuff, that’s right.
EO's cant over ride the constitution,,,
Where does the constitution mention international pandemics?
never said it did,,,and as per the 10th amendment it falls on you to show where it does and how it changes the constitution,,,
Well if it’s not in it then what are you talking about? The Supreme Court won’t rule against actions saving us from an international pandemic.

I always have to just laugh and shake my head at those stupid conservatives.

It seems they only know the second and tenth amendments to the constitution. Although they don't seem to actually know what those amendments say.

Like the tenth.

For that amendment to actually be enforced, the person has to read the rest of the constitution.

In this case, the General Welfare clause of the constitution. Keeping people safe and healthy from a pandemic certainly falls under the general welfare of our nation. So the tenth amendment doesn't apply in this case since the constitution already gives direction on the general welfare.

It's embarrassing to know we have such down right stupid people in our nation.
thats funny,,I'm not seeing in the general welfare clause that they can throw out the bill of rights and control peoples everyday life,,,

if you read it you will see its what they have to do, not what they can FORCE the people to do,,,

Only traitors want the country in ruin. Our response to the pandemic has been the worst in the world. The USA should never be the worst at anything.
According to brainless
We are being attacked by this virus. I reject the idea that the constitution limits our ability to fight it. You on the other hand want us to lose. That is not the American way!
What a loser you are. The constitution doesn’t specifically mention fighting a global pandemic so we have to lose. What is wrong with you? You hate the country that much?

Which this most certainly falls under maintaining the general welfare of our nation.

The conservatives are violating the constitution requirement to maintain and promote the general welfare of the nation.
people cant violate it because its about what the government can or cant do,,,

He could imediatley legislate manditory masks, distancing, close bars, no groups bigger than 10. Even his cdc guy said today that if we all wore masks the covid would be under control. Trump is unable to lead. Period.

Kind of does... It says Government can enact laws for General Welfare... I am pretty sure mask wearing is general welfare...
it doesnt say that,,,

Yes it does and clarified later to be sure:

The two primary authors of The Federalist essays set forth two separate, conflicting interpretations:[Note 1]

• James Madison explained his "narrow" construction of the clause in Federalist No. 41: "Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,’’ amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction. Had no other enumeration or definition of the powers of the Congress been found in the Constitution, than the general expressions just cited, the authors of the objection might have had some color for it; though it would have been difficult to find a reason for so awkward a form of describing an authority to legislate in all possible cases."
Madison also advocated for the ratification of the Constitution at the Virginia ratifying convention with this narrow construction of the clause, asserting that spending must be at least tangentially tied to one of the other specifically enumerated powers, such as regulating interstate or foreign commerce, or providing for the military, as the General Welfare Clause is not a specific grant of power, but a statement of purpose qualifying the power to tax.[17][18]

• Alexander Hamilton, only after the Constitution had been ratified,[19] argued for a broad interpretation which viewed spending as an enumerated power Congress could exercise independently to benefit the general welfare, such as to assist national needs in agriculture or education, provided that the spending is general in nature and does not favor any specific section of the country over any other.[20]
then they should be passing out masks if they want us to wear them,,,

and I DONT CONSENT...

So is someone allowed to go around the streets with no clothes on and when asked about wearing clothes. Say I DONT CONSENT...
thats a state issue not a fed one,,,

It is not really... The CDC is a Federal body and this virus is a foreign invader... National Defence is a Ferderal issue if they want to take control... We have it this way because in his own words, the President is taking no responsibility...

According to brainless
who said we have to lose???

we just think destroying the lives of millions isnt worth what you want to do,,,

nor do we trust you due to the lies you have told before this,,,

next time you might not want to cry wolf everytime trump opens his mouth,,,this is just another of those times,,,
Everything pretty much is being destroyed. Economy is in shambles, nobody knows if kids will be able to go back to school. So much is still closed. I think we need to go heavy on masks right now and avoid big gatherings. What is that going to hurt? I’ve never cried wolf on trump. I look at the results of his policy after they take effect and see the obvious failure.
sorry but we've heard nothing but orange man bad since he got in office and this is just another of those times,,,

and its not trumps job to obey your request or to mandate what the people should or shouldnt do,,,
Because he has been awful. So much policy failure. Look at the state of the country!
it was doing pretty good up until the kung flu,,,
No thanks to trump policy. Don’t you care about deficits? Things were much better than now for sure. It doesn’t bother you other countries have done a much better job
fighting the virus?
thats not true,,,some countries have done better but not all of them,,
they arent free countries with our constitution,,,

and what do deficits matter when your 24 trillion in debt,,,
Who do you think is worse? We certainly are in last place among wealthy countries.

Well it was quite a bit less than 24 trillion when he took office...

According to brainless

Promote the general welfare as long as it is done by an enumerated power.
Using the statist interpretation (yours) the fed gov could say killing everyone on SS and Medicare would be for the general welfare.
Here is a question for you, if the founders gave the fed gov unlimited powers with said clause, why have a constitution?
Do you understand now?

never said it did,,,and as per the 10th amendment it falls on you to show where it does and how it changes the constitution,,,
Well if it’s not in it then what are you talking about? The Supreme Court won’t rule against actions saving us from an international pandemic.

It seems they only know the second and tenth amendments to the constitution. Although they don't seem to actually know what those amendments say.

Like the tenth.

For that amendment to actually be enforced, the person has to read the rest of the constitution.

In this case, the General Welfare clause of the constitution. Keeping people safe and healthy from a pandemic certainly falls under the general welfare of our nation. So the tenth amendment doesn't apply in this case since the constitution already gives direction on the general welfare.

thats funny,,I'm not seeing in the general welfare clause that they can throw out the bill of rights and control peoples everyday life,,,

if you read it you will see its what they have to do, not what they can FORCE the people to do,,,

Show us the text that says that?

I am forced to wear clothes when I go outside...

According to brainless

we just think destroying the lives of millions isnt worth what you want to do,,,

next time you might not want to cry wolf everytime trump opens his mouth,,,this is just another of those times,,,
Everything pretty much is being destroyed. Economy is in shambles, nobody knows if kids will be able to go back to school. So much is still closed. I think we need to go heavy on masks right now and avoid big gatherings. What is that going to hurt? I’ve never cried wolf on trump. I look at the results of his policy after they take effect and see the obvious failure.
sorry but we've heard nothing but orange man bad since he got in office and this is just another of those times,,,

and its not trumps job to obey your request or to mandate what the people should or shouldnt do,,,
Because he has been awful. So much policy failure. Look at the state of the country!
No thanks to trump policy. Don’t you care about deficits? Things were much better than now for sure. It doesn’t bother you other countries have done a much better job
fighting the virus?

Who do you think is worse? We certainly are in last place among wealthy countries.

it was less when obama entered office too,,,

Kind of does... It says Government can enact laws for General Welfare... I am pretty sure mask wearing is general welfare...
it doesnt say that,,,

Yes it does and clarified later to be sure:

The two primary authors of The Federalist essays set forth two separate, conflicting interpretations:[Note 1]

• James Madison explained his "narrow" construction of the clause in Federalist No. 41: "Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,’’ amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction. Had no other enumeration or definition of the powers of the Congress been found in the Constitution, than the general expressions just cited, the authors of the objection might have had some color for it; though it would have been difficult to find a reason for so awkward a form of describing an authority to legislate in all possible cases."
Madison also advocated for the ratification of the Constitution at the Virginia ratifying convention with this narrow construction of the clause, asserting that spending must be at least tangentially tied to one of the other specifically enumerated powers, such as regulating interstate or foreign commerce, or providing for the military, as the General Welfare Clause is not a specific grant of power, but a statement of purpose qualifying the power to tax.[17][18]

• Alexander Hamilton, only after the Constitution had been ratified,[19] argued for a broad interpretation which viewed spending as an enumerated power Congress could exercise independently to benefit the general welfare, such as to assist national needs in agriculture or education, provided that the spending is general in nature and does not favor any specific section of the country over any other.[20]
then they should be passing out masks if they want us to wear them,,,

and I DONT CONSENT...

So is someone allowed to go around the streets with no clothes on and when asked about wearing clothes. Say I DONT CONSENT...
thats a state issue not a fed one,,,

It is not really... The CDC is a Federal body and this virus is a foreign invader... National Defence is a Ferderal issue if they want to take control... We have it this way because in his own words, the President is taking no responsibility...
Hyperbole is an excellent debate tactic.

Like the tenth.

Show us the text that says that?

I am forced to wear clothes when I go outside...
not in every state,,,

According to brainless
It doesn't, thats weird. That must mean the constitution didnt grant the govt the power to destroy liberties for a virus.
Let me ask you a question, do you understand the constitution grants powers? If it isnt mentioned, the govt doesnt have that power.
Do you understand now?
Do you understand that international pandemics weren’t really a thing when they wrote the constitution? People didn’t travel like we do now. The constitution isn’t ment to be our doom.

According to brainless

fighting the virus?

Sure was. I didn’t like it then and dont like it now.

According to brainless

fighting the virus?

neither do I,,,

thats one of the biggest reasons I will never vote for a dem or repube,,,

According to brainless

fighting the virus?

neither do I,,,

So clearly everything wasn’t great before the pandemic. As bad as Obama was, trump drastically increased deficits during a strong economy. What’s more irresponsible than that?

According to brainless

fighting the virus?

neither do I,,,

So clearly everything wasn’t great before the pandemic. As bad as Obama was, trump drastically increased deficits during a strong economy. What’s more irresponsible than that?
tearing up the constitution is far worse,,,

600K. Dead 500 million infected. We are headed to equal those numbers

Deaths: We're at 138K, less than a quarter of 600K.

Cases: We're at 3.53 million, that's on the way to 500 million? There aren't 500 million people in the country. At least not legally

Fauci would look a lot better if he'd stop flip flopping on his positions

According to brainless
It doesn't, thats weird. That must mean the constitution didnt grant the govt the power to destroy liberties for a virus.
Let me ask you a question, do you understand the constitution grants powers? If it isnt mentioned, the govt doesnt have that power.
Do you understand now?
Do you understand that international pandemics weren’t really a thing when they wrote the constitution? People didn’t travel like we do now. The constitution isn’t ment to be our doom.
Pass an amendment. Its not complicated.

So domestic violence, suicides, depression or people losing their economic lives, businesses and retirments doesn't matter to you. Lock up the children and jail us all in our homes so we keep breathing, that's all that matters. Actually those other things matter too.

On the good side, you only want that until November 3, huh? Maximize destruction of America to get the guy you want in office. Solid plan ...

According to brainless

fighting the virus?

neither do I,,,

The constitution was not written to be our doom.

According to brainless

fighting the virus?

neither do I,,,

The constitution was not written to be our doom.
and this wont be,,,

Forum List

Back