Uh oh, this isn't a good look for Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
This is paraphrased from a Wa Po timeline.

Dec. 31: The CDC hears about of a cluster of cases of what will be known as COVID-19 in China.
Jan. 1: The CDC begins writing reports for HHS about what is happening there.
Jan. 3: A Chinese official tells CDC Director Redfield of the outbreak of a respiratory illness in the city of Wuhan. Redfield gives the information to HHS Secretary Azar, and Azar informs the White House NSC.
Early January: Intel officials begin giving classified warnings about the virus to the Golfer-in-Chief in the PDB (the briefings he famously ignores unless they contain colorful cartoons). The warnings extend in to February.
Jan. 8: The CDC issues its first public warning about the outbreak in China, saying that it is monitoring the situation and that people should take precautions when traveling to Wuhan.
Mid-January: Assistant HHS Secretary Kadlec instructs subordinates to make contingency plans for using the Defense Production Act.
Jan. 17: The CDC begins monitoring major airports for passengers arriving from China.
Jan. 18: Azar, who had been trying to speak to President Flim Flam about the virus, is finally able to get Don off the golf course long enough to meet with him. Before Azar can begin talking about the virus, though, Trump interjects to ask him about a federal crackdown on vaping. WTF?
Jan. 21
: The first confirmed coronavirus case is identified in the US, in Seattle.
Jan. 22: Trump makes his first comments about the coronavirus, saying he is not concerned about a pandemic. “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. … It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan. 23: Chinese officials take the draconian step of shutting down Wuhan.
Jan. 27: Concerned WH aides meet with Mulvaney to get senior officials to wake the fuck up. Joe Grogan, a domestic policy adviser, argues it could cost Crooked Donald his reelection and says the virus is likely to dominate life in the US for many months.
Jan. 29: A Navarro memo warns of 500,000 or more American deaths and says COVID-19 will likely be much more serious than the seasonal flu.
Jan. 30: China expands the lockdown beyond Wuhan to the entire province of Hubei, as the WHO declares a global health emergency.
Jan. 30: Trump says of the threat: “We think it’s going to have a very good ending for it. So that I can assure you.”
Jan. 31: Trump announces travel restrictions from China after three major airlines announced they had halted flights. Yet 40,000 people still come here from China after the restrictions. Processing of those people to check for infection was spotty at best. Experts point out the restriction is of little efficacy.
Early February: Other WH officials, including Matthew Pottinger, join Grogan in calling for a more forceful response. Pottinger pushes for expanding the travel ban to countries such as Italy and earns the support of Anthony S. Fauci. But the plan is resisted by Mnuchin, who cited economic concerns. Bingo. Economic concerns continue to dominate the admin's response.
Feb. 5
: Trump’s impeachment trial ends with his acquittal by the Senate.
Feb. 10: Trump says, “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”
Feb. 19: Trump says: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”
Feb. 23: Navarro warns of an “increasing probability of a full-blown COVID-19 pandemic that could infect as many as 100 million Americans.”
Feb. 23: Italy begins to see evidence of a major outbreak.
Feb. 24: As Iran becomes a hot spot, WHO Director General Ghebreyesus warns of a possible pandemic. “There is a lot of speculation about whether this increase means that this epidemic has now become a pandemic,” he says.
Feb. 24: Trump says: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” The Dow was still @ 27,000 then.
Feb. 26
: Trump says, “When you have 15 people — and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero — that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
Feb. 27: Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who had received briefings on the threat, tells a private luncheon that the coronavirus is “much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history” and is “is probably more akin to the 1918 [influenza] pandemic.” The market isn't looking so good to him so he sells a bunch of stock.
Feb. 28: Trump says: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb. 29: The US records its first coronavirus death and announces new travel restrictions for Iran, Italy and South Korea.
March 3: The CDC lifts restrictions on coronavirus testing.
March 10: Trump says: “Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 11: The WH suspends travel from most European countries, as the WHO declares a global pandemic.
March 11: Trump says, “I think we’re going to get through it very well.”
March 13: Trump declares a national emergency.
March 16: Trump for the first time publicly reflects on the gravity of he situation. Asked about his repeated comments saying the situation was “under control,” he says: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world. … I was talking about what we’re doing is under control, but I’m not talking about the virus.”

And Trumpleton's are still defending, astonishingly, the job the Bigot-in-Chief did.

1586614753312.png

Dec. 31: The CDC hears about of a cluster of cases of what will be known as COVID-19 in China.
Jan. 3: A Chinese official tells CDC Director Redfield of the outbreak of a respiratory illness in the city of Wuhan. Redfield gives the information to HHS Secretary Azar, and Azar informs the White House NSC.
Early January: Intel officials begin giving classified warnings about the virus to the Golfer-in-Chief in the PDB (the briefings he famously ignores unless they contain colorful cartoons). The warnings extend in to February.
Jan. 8: The CDC issues its first public warning about the outbreak in China, saying that it is monitoring the situation and that people should take precautions when traveling to Wuhan.
Mid-January: Assistant HHS Secretary Kadlec instructs subordinates to make contingency plans for using the Defense Production Act.
Jan. 17: The CDC begins monitoring major airports for passengers arriving from China.
Jan. 18: Azar, who had been trying to speak to President Flim Flam about the virus, is finally able to get Don off the golf course long enough to meet with him. Before Azar can begin talking about the virus, though, Trump interjects to ask him about a federal crackdown on vaping. WTF?
Jan. 21
Jan. 22: Trump makes his first comments about the coronavirus, saying he is not concerned about a pandemic. “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. … It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan. 27: Concerned WH aides meet with Mulvaney to get senior officials to wake the fuck up. Joe Grogan, a domestic policy adviser, argues it could cost Crooked Donald his reelection and says the virus is likely to dominate life in the US for many months.
Jan. 29: A Navarro memo warns of 500,000 or more American deaths and says COVID-19 will likely be much more serious than the seasonal flu.
Jan. 30: China expands the lockdown beyond Wuhan to the entire province of Hubei, as the WHO declares a global health emergency.
Jan. 30: Trump says of the threat: “We think it’s going to have a very good ending for it. So that I can assure you.”
Jan. 31: Trump announces travel restrictions from China after three major airlines announced they had halted flights. Yet 40,000 people still come here from China after the restrictions. Processing of those people to check for infection was spotty at best. Experts point out the restriction is of little efficacy.
Early February: Other WH officials, including Matthew Pottinger, join Grogan in calling for a more forceful response. Pottinger pushes for expanding the travel ban to countries such as Italy and earns the support of Anthony S. Fauci. But the plan is resisted by Mnuchin, who cited economic concerns. Bingo. Economic concerns continue to dominate the admin's response.
Feb. 5
Feb. 10: Trump says, “I think the virus is going to be — it’s going to be fine.”
Feb. 19: Trump says: “I think it’s going to work out fine. I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus. So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”
Feb. 23: Navarro warns of an “increasing probability of a full-blown COVID-19 pandemic that could infect as many as 100 million Americans.”
Feb. 24: As Iran becomes a hot spot, WHO Director General Ghebreyesus warns of a possible pandemic. “There is a lot of speculation about whether this increase means that this epidemic has now become a pandemic,” he says.
Feb. 24: Trump says: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” The Dow was still @ 27,000 then.
Feb. 26
: Trump says, “When you have 15 people — and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero — that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
Feb. 27: Richard Burr (R-N.C.), who had received briefings on the threat, tells a private luncheon that the coronavirus is “much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history” and is “is probably more akin to the 1918 [influenza] pandemic.” The market isn't looking so good to him so he sells a bunch of stock.
Feb. 28: Trump says: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb. 29: The US records its first coronavirus death and announces new travel restrictions for Iran, Italy and South Korea.
March 11: The WH suspends travel from most European countries, as the WHO declares a global pandemic.
March 16: Trump for the first time publicly reflects on the gravity of he situation. Asked about his repeated comments saying the situation was “under control,” he says: “If you’re talking about the virus, no, that’s not under control for any place in the world. … I was talking about what we’re doing is under control, but I’m not talking about the virus.”

And Trumpleton's are still defending, astonishingly, the job the Bigot-in-Chief did.

Lol, more TDS running rampant.

Jan. 21
Feb. 5
Feb. 26

TDS thread 1,354.

Jan. 21
Feb. 5
Feb. 26

I like when trump said, “things are going to be fine, that I can assure you”.

Was he lying or w wr wro wron he can’t say it.

And Nancy Pelosi went to Chinatown on Feb 25 and told everyone to ignore the virus. She should be removed from office.

Guess what ?

Except for New York, New Jersey, Michigan and a limited parts of New England.....

It never really showed up.

Same here. I'm still watin' on my personal dose of the Shanghai Shivers to show up in the mail, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Gawddamned Chinamen! I sent them a fucking stamped self-addressed envelope with $20 in it a month ago, but they haven't sent it yet. I'm about ready to call the Better Business Bureau here if I don't hear from them soon, the bastards.

How is it that the OP does not get the fact that he can post timelines where Trump is:

1. Screwing his interns.....

2. Legally raking in tons of money.....

3. Making uninformed decisions on something that has never happened before

4. Trying to keep the economy from being unecssarily crashed.

5. Fighting with Governors who have really screwed up and now have thousands dying in their states.

And we say we really don't give a FF......

Because we are getting more out of Trump than we would have ever gotten out of HIllary and more than we'll get out of Biden.

And they go into full baboon mode (which is practically their natural state.

How many more threads of this bullshit do we have to endure ?

Jan. 21
Feb. 5
Feb. 26

I like when trump said, “things are going to be fine, that I can assure you”.

Was he lying or w wr wro wron he can’t say it.

Just say Pelosi was wrong to go to Chinatown and tell everyone the virus was not a problem. Can you do it?

Who cares?
Still voting for him.
And there ya go.

Then give me one single reason why I should vote for Biden instead.

Dis gonna be good....
In 2019 economic growth was 2.3%. Look up what trump and you said about Obama for only having that kind of growth. And trump gave a huge tax break in 2018. Apparently it didn’t work.

candidate trump would say president trump is a loser. A failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back