Trumps newer plan.

Only traitors want the country in ruin. Our response to the pandemic has been the worst in the world. The USA should never be the worst at anything.
According to brainless
Traitor = the govt not abusing power. Not betraying their oath.
Lol you cant make this shit up folks
We are being attacked by this virus. I reject the idea that the constitution limits our ability to fight it. You on the other hand want us to lose. That is not the American way!
where does the constitution give the govt the power to "fight" it?
What a loser you are. The constitution doesn’t specifically mention fighting a global pandemic so we have to lose. What is wrong with you? You hate the country that much?
who said we have to lose???

we just think destroying the lives of millions isnt worth what you want to do,,,

nor do we trust you due to the lies you have told before this,,,

next time you might not want to cry wolf everytime trump opens his mouth,,,this is just another of those times,,,

Trumps plan is to denounce Dr. Fauci at every turn. WTH?
Instead of trying to keep the death numbers under the 1918-1919 great epidemic.
600K. Dead 500 million infected. We are headed to equal those numbers.
Hard to believe but that’s gonna be trumps legacy.
He could imediatley legislate manditory masks, distancing, close bars, no groups bigger than 10. Even his cdc guy said today that if we all wore masks the covid would be under control. Trump is unable to lead. Period.
you must not be from this country because trump cant do any of those things,,,
President executive order only acts on stupid partisan stuff, that’s right.
EO's cant over ride the constitution,,,
Where does the constitution mention international pandemics?

Kind of does... It says Government can enact laws for General Welfare... I am pretty sure mask wearing is general welfare...

Only traitors want the country in ruin. Our response to the pandemic has been the worst in the world. The USA should never be the worst at anything.
According to brainless
We are being attacked by this virus. I reject the idea that the constitution limits our ability to fight it. You on the other hand want us to lose. That is not the American way!
What a loser you are. The constitution doesn’t specifically mention fighting a global pandemic so we have to lose. What is wrong with you? You hate the country that much?

we just think destroying the lives of millions isnt worth what you want to do,,,

next time you might not want to cry wolf everytime trump opens his mouth,,,this is just another of those times,,,
Everything pretty much is being destroyed. Economy is in shambles, nobody knows if kids will be able to go back to school. So much is still closed. I think we need to go heavy on masks right now and avoid big gatherings. What is that going to hurt? I’ve never cried wolf on trump. I look at the results of his policy after they take effect and see the obvious failure.

He could imediatley legislate manditory masks, distancing, close bars, no groups bigger than 10. Even his cdc guy said today that if we all wore masks the covid would be under control. Trump is unable to lead. Period.

Kind of does... It says Government can enact laws for General Welfare... I am pretty sure mask wearing is general welfare...
it doesnt say that,,,

According to brainless

Everything pretty much is being destroyed. Economy is in shambles, nobody knows if kids will be able to go back to school. So much is still closed. I think we need to go heavy on masks right now and avoid big gatherings. What is that going to hurt? I’ve never cried wolf on trump. I look at the results of his policy after they take effect and see the obvious failure.
sorry but we've heard nothing but orange man bad since he got in office and this is just another of those times,,,

and its not trumps job to obey your request or to mandate what the people should or shouldnt do,,,

According to brainless

sorry but we've heard nothing but orange man bad since he got in office and this is just another of those times,,,

and its not trumps job to obey your request or to mandate what the people should or shouldnt do,,,
Because he has been awful. So much policy failure. Look at the state of the country!

According to brainless

Because he has been awful. So much policy failure. Look at the state of the country!
it was doing pretty good up until the kung flu,,,

According to brainless

No thanks to trump policy. Don’t you care about deficits? Things were much better than now for sure. It doesn’t bother you other countries have done a much better job
fighting the virus?

According to brainless

No thanks to trump policy. Don’t you care about deficits? Things were much better than now for sure. It doesn’t bother you other countries have done a much better job
fighting the virus?
thats not true,,,some countries have done better but not all of them,,
they arent free countries with our constitution,,,

and what do deficits matter when your 24 trillion in debt,,,

According to brainless
It doesn't, thats weird. That must mean the constitution didnt grant the govt the power to destroy liberties for a virus.
Let me ask you a question, do you understand the constitution grants powers? If it isnt mentioned, the govt doesnt have that power.
Do you understand now?

it doesnt say that,,,

Yes it does and clarified later to be sure:

The two primary authors of The Federalist essays set forth two separate, conflicting interpretations:[Note 1]

• James Madison explained his "narrow" construction of the clause in Federalist No. 41: "Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,’’ amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction. Had no other enumeration or definition of the powers of the Congress been found in the Constitution, than the general expressions just cited, the authors of the objection might have had some color for it; though it would have been difficult to find a reason for so awkward a form of describing an authority to legislate in all possible cases."
Madison also advocated for the ratification of the Constitution at the Virginia ratifying convention with this narrow construction of the clause, asserting that spending must be at least tangentially tied to one of the other specifically enumerated powers, such as regulating interstate or foreign commerce, or providing for the military, as the General Welfare Clause is not a specific grant of power, but a statement of purpose qualifying the power to tax.[17][18]

• Alexander Hamilton, only after the Constitution had been ratified,[19] argued for a broad interpretation which viewed spending as an enumerated power Congress could exercise independently to benefit the general welfare, such as to assist national needs in agriculture or education, provided that the spending is general in nature and does not favor any specific section of the country over any other.[20]

According to brainless
It doesn't, thats weird. That must mean the constitution didnt grant the govt the power to destroy liberties for a virus.
Let me ask you a question, do you understand the constitution grants powers? If it isnt mentioned, the govt doesnt have that power.
Do you understand now?

Where in the constitution does it say I can't run around buck naked humping lamposts?

According to brainless
Do you understand now?

Where in the constitution does it say I can't run around buck naked humping lamposts?
How stupid

According to brainless

fighting the virus?
thats not true,,,some countries have done better but not all of them,,
they arent free countries with our constitution,,,

and what do deficits matter when your 24 trillion in debt,,,

Please tell us the First World nation that has done worse than US?

"they arent free countries with our constitution,,," - seriously get an education. Europe enjoys many rights that US doesn't have and visa versa... Today Europe made the US data privacy laws illegal as it allowed the US government to harvest your information. Where is that in the constitution? Also Europe has drinking at 18 and legalised gambling...

it doesnt say that,,,

The two primary authors of The Federalist essays set forth two separate, conflicting interpretations:[Note 1]

• James Madison explained his "narrow" construction of the clause in Federalist No. 41: "Some, who have not denied the necessity of the power of taxation, have grounded a very fierce attack against the Constitution, on the language in which it is defined. It has been urged and echoed, that the power “to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises, to pay the debts, and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States,’’ amounts to an unlimited commission to exercise every power which may be alleged to be necessary for the common defense or general welfare. No stronger proof could be given of the distress under which these writers labor for objections, than their stooping to such a misconstruction. Had no other enumeration or definition of the powers of the Congress been found in the Constitution, than the general expressions just cited, the authors of the objection might have had some color for it; though it would have been difficult to find a reason for so awkward a form of describing an authority to legislate in all possible cases."
Madison also advocated for the ratification of the Constitution at the Virginia ratifying convention with this narrow construction of the clause, asserting that spending must be at least tangentially tied to one of the other specifically enumerated powers, such as regulating interstate or foreign commerce, or providing for the military, as the General Welfare Clause is not a specific grant of power, but a statement of purpose qualifying the power to tax.[17][18]

• Alexander Hamilton, only after the Constitution had been ratified,[19] argued for a broad interpretation which viewed spending as an enumerated power Congress could exercise independently to benefit the general welfare, such as to assist national needs in agriculture or education, provided that the spending is general in nature and does not favor any specific section of the country over any other.[20]
then they should be passing out masks if they want us to wear them,,,

and I DONT CONSENT...

According to brainless
Do you understand now?

How stupid
Please show me where?

At least humping lamposts get no one killed, I think.

it doesnt say that,,,

and I DONT CONSENT...

So is someone allowed to go around the streets with no clothes on and when asked about wearing clothes. Say I DONT CONSENT...

According to brainless
Do you understand now?

How stupid
Please show me where?

At least humping lamposts get no one killed, I think.
Well, the entire post was a fallacy. So start there.

it doesnt say that,,,

and I DONT CONSENT...

So is someone allowed to go around the streets with no clothes on and when asked about wearing clothes. Say I DONT CONSENT...
thats a state issue not a fed one,,,

never said it did,,,and as per the 10th amendment it falls on you to show where it does and how it changes the constitution,,,
Well if it’s not in it then what are you talking about? The Supreme Court won’t rule against actions saving us from an international pandemic.

I always have to just laugh and shake my head at those stupid conservatives.

It seems they only know the second and tenth amendments to the constitution. Although they don't seem to actually know what those amendments say.

Like the tenth.

For that amendment to actually be enforced, the person has to read the rest of the constitution.

In this case, the General Welfare clause of the constitution. Keeping people safe and healthy from a pandemic certainly falls under the general welfare of our nation. So the tenth amendment doesn't apply in this case since the constitution already gives direction on the general welfare.

It's embarrassing to know we have such down right stupid people in our nation.

Forum List

Back