Trump's morality, from a Christian perspective

You are not being honest about it.

Clinton was impeached for clearly breaking the law. It was never about a blow job, or anything of the like. Obstruction of justice, lying under oath, witness tampering, and so on.

All those things were over a blow job. And the people persecuting him over it.

Ken Starr, who would later go on to ignore systematic rapes on the campus he was chancellor of.
Newt Gingrich, who was cheating on his second wife with a lobbyist.
Denny Hastert, who was paying off teenage boys he raped a wrestling coach.
Bob Livingstone, who was cheating on his wife.

If you people actually cared about the rule of law, you would have convicted Clinton and removed him.

So you don't care, and have no credibility in complaining about Trump.

At the time, I was one of you Right Wing Republican assholes.

Then Bush got in... and after Iraq and Katrina and the Crash of 2008, Clinton lying a blow job didn't seem like that big of a deal anymore.

Now we have Trump, who makes Bush look good.

Having never served in the military, even I know that's not why you serve. The service should at least teach you that you're fighting for your countrymen, a cause greater than you, and not just for a paycheck and a free ride through college. Without the country you (supposedly) served, you would have had none of those things. You're pathetic. Truly.

You know, not only did I serve 20 years in the US Navy, but I also worked in recruiting for the last 2 1/2 years of my career. Sorry, but most of the people who join the military are looking for educational benefits, or they are looking for a job with good benefits for their family. Patriotism, while it does factor in a little bit, is not the main reason people join. Lots of others join because they want to learn a skill, and in the Navy, there are some of the finest electronic schools in the military. Lots of people that I knew who worked in computers or electronics generally had jobs waiting for them a month before they discharged.

Me? I was a poor country boy from Montana, who had been orphaned at 8. My Grandparents who raised me for a lot of the time didn't have money to send me to college and told me my plate would be broken on my 18th birthday (I'd have to fend for myself). So, I talked with my guidance counselor and he told me that my best bet sounded like the military. I didn't join the Marines because I didn't want to be a bullet sponge. Air Force was out of the question as I grew up in an Air Force town and was biased against them. And, while I enjoyed camping as a hobby, as a lifestyle it left much to be desired so the Army was out. The Navy recruiter not only told me I'd be able to travel a lot, but he also said that I'd get hot meals most days as my house would be traveling with me.

I've been in 4 different war zones (Beruit in '83, Desert Storm pts 1 and II, and was up around Kosovo in the late 90's), 26 different countries and 49 different states, only missing Alaska. If people asked me the main reason I joined, it was for a paycheck and travel. Patriotism only came into it when I saw how proud my Grandparents were of me, and it only figured in when I was participating in ceremonies.

No. Most people don't join for patriotic reasons. Most of them are financial and educational.

Having never served in the military, even I know that's not why you serve. The service should at least teach you that you're fighting for your countrymen, a cause greater than you, and not just for a paycheck and a free ride through college. Without the country you (supposedly) served, you would have had none of those things. You're pathetic. Truly.

You know, not only did I serve 20 years in the US Navy, but I also worked in recruiting for the last 2 1/2 years of my career. Sorry, but most of the people who join the military are looking for educational benefits, or they are looking for a job with good benefits for their family. Patriotism, while it does factor in a little bit, is not the main reason people join. Lots of others join because they want to learn a skill, and in the Navy, there are some of the finest electronic schools in the military. Lots of people that I knew who worked in computers or electronics generally had jobs waiting for them a month before they discharged.

Me? I was a poor country boy from Montana, who had been orphaned at 8. My Grandparents who raised me for a lot of the time didn't have money to send me to college and told me my plate would be broken on my 18th birthday (I'd have to fend for myself). So, I talked with my guidance counselor and he told me that my best bet sounded like the military. I didn't join the Marines because I didn't want to be a bullet sponge. Air Force was out of the question as I grew up in an Air Force town and was biased against them. And, while I enjoyed camping as a hobby, as a lifestyle it left much to be desired so the Army was out. The Navy recruiter not only told me I'd be able to travel a lot, but he also said that I'd get hot meals most days as my house would be traveling with me.

I've been in 4 different war zones (Beruit in '83, Desert Storm pts 1 and II, and was up around Kosovo in the late 90's), 26 different countries and 49 different states, only missing Alaska. If people asked me the main reason I joined, it was for a paycheck and travel. Patriotism only came into it when I saw how proud my Grandparents were of me, and it only figured in when I was participating in ceremonies.

No. Most people don't join for patriotic reasons. Most of them are financial and educational.

Of course, my Dad was a paratrooper. I'm not talking out of my ass here. He made sure I knew why he served. The free meals and tuition were great, but he told me that wasn't the primary reason he served.

Call me old school, but the main reason you fight in the armed forces in America is because you have pride in your country.

I appreciate your candor and your service, Sailor.

Of course, my Dad was a paratrooper. I'm not talking out of my ass here. He made sure I knew why he served. The free meals and tuition were great, but he told me that wasn't the primary reason he served.

Call me old school, but the main reason you fight in the armed forces in America is because you have pride in your country.

I appreciate your candor and your service, Sailor.

Well, whenever someone asks me why I joined, the first thing out of my mouth is travel and a steady job with benefits. When I'm pressed about being patriotic, I say sure, another reason why I joined.

Seems that people who have never served think the whole reason for joining up is because you love your country and are a patriot. People who have actually served know that patriotism falls pretty far down the list, and understand joining for a paycheck or an education.

Forum List

Back