Trump's morality, from a Christian perspective

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Let me set some perspective here.

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what an opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

Last edited:

Any other Christians on this board who profess to know the Bible should know the story of Rahab the prostitute. Aka a whore. Almost irredeemably immoral by our standards.

Rahab the Prostitute (or innkeeper, translations vary) sold out her own people who were slaughtered to every man, woman and child.

THis is a moral person by you?

Now, what was the one thing they both had in common? God used them for the greater good. He saw redemption in both of them. For any Christian to say that someone is hopelessly immoral obviously doesn't understand how God works.

As the Great Mark Twain said, Twinky-boy, it's not the parts of the bible I don't understand that trouble me, it's the parts I understand perfectly well. The God of the bible is petty, cruel, vindictive and kind of needy.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

I will agree that President Trump has his numerous moral flaws, too. What? I'm not blind, you know. Wipe that shocked look off your face.

God will redeem you and use you to make the lives of others around you better, regardless of your character or morality (or lack thereof).

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what am opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

Never tell me someone is irredeemable. Especially if you disagree with them politically or morally. If you are a Christian, look to God to help you see the good in others. If you're not, look within yourself, find out if you like what you see.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
Okay, but in what was is he going to be used by God?

Rahab the Prostitute (or innkeeper, translations vary) sold out her own people who were slaughtered to every man, woman and child.

THis is a moral person by you?
I take it you believe that MLK is a "race traitor" for arguing that "his people" should be above and beyond racism, and not simply devolve into retribution and "hating white man", don't you?

As the Great Mark Twain said, Twinky-boy, it's not the parts of the bible I don't understand that trouble me, it's the parts I understand perfectly well.
Mark Twain was mediocre, not great. He's no one to quote mine, nor one, unlike Jesus, to use as an archetype of racial tolerance.

The God of the bible is petty, cruel, vindictive and kind of needy.
Much as the Demiurge is compared to Sophia, or God - yet compared to man? Who's to say.

What is the earth or the planet, if not petty, cruel, vindictive, and kind of needy? Needing man to take care of it, not pollute it, or else punishing him with hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, and tsunamis until he fearfully submits to its wrath and ceases his emissions, likely only out of man's selfish fear of his own demise, not any love for the planet and its air whom he breaths to begin with.

So, regarding that hullabaloo over what an Op-Ed said in Christianity Today that Trump's immorality is why he should be impeached: I honestly don't care what am opinion editor in some Christian newspaper thinks about Trump or his morals. We shouldn't be looking to men for moral guidance, we should be looking to God. He has given us many examples in the Bible of deplorable people being redeemed. Tax collectors, genocidal maniacs, and prostitutes.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.
It's an excuse making thread.

tRump has no morals.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.
You'd think this would make the immoral more inclined to relate to him, but apparently it has the opposite effect.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.
You'd think this would make the immoral more inclined to relate to him, but apparently it has the opposite effect.
Are you kidding? The evangelicals love him, and they are some of the most immoral people I have ever met.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

The Christian message above all messages is "Forgiveness".

If we repent of our sins and ask for forgiveness, God will forgive us.

Since nobody in this forum or on this planet is a mind-reader who knows Trump's inner heart, we must err on the side that he has made peace with God and is forgiven.

You speak of the story of Rahab the prostitute. I shall speak of two others: The prodigal son and the experience of Paul.

1. Paul, or Saul, was a killer of Christians, literally. But he repented and accepted God and went on to write most of the new Testament.
  2. In the Biblical parable of the Prodigal Son, a son receives his inheritance and travels to a distant country, wastes all his money in wild extravagance, becomes desperately poor, returns to his father, and is received with open arms.

Both are about redemption and forgiveness.

Christians PRAISE people who repent and come to God. Anyone in this forum who denies Trump that same praise is NO Christian!!

Indeed,
Trump in his 70's has left behind his playboy life style and is now a proud Grandfather, father, a family man, and was even voted "Pro Life Person of the Year" by Operation Rescue.

We Christians have every reason to praise God for Trumps repentance and his good works.

Thanks be to God.

Are you kidding? The evangelicals love him, and they are some of the most immoral people I have ever met.

How pathetic. A baby-killing promoter of sodomy like you, calling Christians you have never met immoral. You are just sick in the mind.

Last edited:

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.

Pro Tip: When you use dumb shit like calling the President "tRump", it renders you completely uncredible, and blindly partisan...Do better.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.

What would you know about 'morals'? All you display in here is a willingness to troll, and attack others....Your opinion of others is useless.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.
What morality do you claim to hold, and what is the difference in the theory and the practice thereof?

If, for example, you claimed to hold the moral sentiment that "eating meat is immoral", the difference between you, if, say, you ate meat 364 days out of the year would not be the same as one who, say, eats meat 1 day out of year, but is otherwise vegan. (Regardless of what you or others believe the merit of such a cause, endeavor, or moral sentiment or idea is to begin with).

Much as this is assuming that you cared or were dedicated enough to whatever moral cause your support or presuppose to begin with, to actually keep a time track of how much you were actually dedicating to the cause in question, and were able to do it in a serious way to begin with, or acquire the things, ideas, traits, beliefs, axioms, tangible, character, or otherwise in order to succeed at it in anything resembling a serious or grown-up way, like that of a professional philanthropist or one aspiring to be so, rather than doing the bare minimum, in the vein of a child or a childish, inept, and ultimately unfeasible way, and believing it to be an egocentric accomplishment to begin with, and tactlessly and mannerlessly announcing it in a loud voice or bolt print, in general annoyance to the better members of society your community or paltry and other-than-remarkable segment thereof to begin with, in comparison and contrast to those more competently and socially vested in it to begin with, to put in or make the effort to learn more about it and the myriad of denizens, customs, cultures, rules, laws, families, churches, institutions, histories, landmarks and so forth which precede or exist outside your own immediate family, friends, social group (and your falsehoods, hasty generalizations, and/or misconceptions thereof), or selfishly-clung to ego sense of identity...

As if you falsely imagined yourself to be the only one doing it to begin with (assuming you were, and not lying about it), and not having enough time - as a means or result of your careless and selfish ways to begin with - to contribute any more than such a paltry, childish, or stingy endeavor, being the end result of not caring our being too self-centered enough to keep an honest or professional, adult's account of it to being with, leading you to falsely and erroneously believe that you "don't have enough of it", and "just need more of it" - time, that is, as many, if not most selfish and apathetic Americans and Britons do, apparently.

Last edited:

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.

Pro Tip: When you use dumb shit like calling the President "tRump", it renders you completely uncredible, and blindly partisan...Do better.
What about when tRump calls people things like "crooked Hillary" or "sleepy Joe"? Does that make him "uncredible (which is not a word, BTW) and blindly partisan"?

Or are you applying a double standard here?

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.

What would you know about 'morals'? All you display in here is a willingness to troll, and attack others....Your opinion of others is useless.
My opinion of others is my own, not something handed to me by Rush Limbaugh, and much more informed than any bloody tRumpling's could ever be.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.

What about when tRump calls people things like "crooked Hillary" or "sleepy Joe"? Does that make him "uncredible (which is not a word, BTW) and blindly partisan"?

Or are you applying a double standard here?

Not at all. I am not a fan of his name calling either. But, as they say sometimes you have to fight fire with fire, and progressive liberals just love their names, bumper sticker slogans, and general stupid lies...You are a fine example of that.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.

My opinion of others is my own, not something handed to me by Rush Limbaugh, and much more informed than any bloody tRumpling's could ever be.
My opinion is that you and your ilk are amoral, if not outright immoral, or at very least, amoral.

Trump, Rush Limbaugh, or others you mentioned being irrelevant to the assessment thereof.

That is all I can say.

Merry Christmas friends.

tRump has no morals.

Yep, you're a legend in your own mind...But, a generally meaningless troll....You're the kind of guy at a party that says something and people roll their eyes and move away, meanwhile you think you scored a good one....

Forum List

Back