Trump’s letter to Turkish president is “utterly pathetic”

in Turkish there are 40 different words for sadness, its impossible to translate Erdogan's response

the issue is that regardless of what trump does, its wrong.

that banter just gets old after all these years. even when he does what you want, you'll have the manner in which he does it. the only common theme is you hate.
you can’t just say that every time there’s an issue about something Trump does. That is dismissing the entire argument. Look at what he did, what the objections are and make your case to either support or critique the issue at hand.
There are very valid points in contrast to Trumps moves in Syria. Many of his allies are speaking out about it. Writing this off as a partisan TDS thing just doesn’t hold water.

so do you or don’t you support how Trump has handled this Syria business?
why not? every time trump does ANYTHING that's what the left does. when the left quits doing it, i'll stop saying it.

this is what happens when you demonize every move from someone out of emotional imbalance. you may be right. this could very well be a very valid concern. but since the left had made his fried chicken eating habits more or less NAZI, no one will listen when something DOES come up.

the left needs to understand this is how human emotion works. you can't cry wolf 24x7 then get mad when people stop listening to you.
your last two statements we’re fighting the strawman and avoiding the actual topic. It’s not like you.
The topic is attacking EVERY SINGLE THING TRUMP DOES

then wondering why people stop listening to you.

You don't understand the boy who cried wolf, try childhood stories again.
the topic is about the Turkey/Syria situation. You haven’t weighed in from what I’ve seen
You just don't like my input on another "Trump is wrong" thread.

Has he done anything right?

You didn't answer my question, should we be shooting down Turkeys aircraft and bombing their positions in Syria? The 50 or so soldiers we had in the area couldn't stand against the Turkish military without massive support.

I don’t think we should go attack right now. Going back to trumps call with Turkey... he should have stood by the Kurds and sent reinforcements. Turkey never would have attack and gone to war with US. We wouldn’t be in this mess

Now you're just making assumptions.

no shit. Do you disagree?

I do, Turkey said they were going to go regardless of what Trump and other allies were saying. Trump made it clear if they did there would be a price to pay and he followed through.

Turkey may have said that and it’s pathetic that it scared Trump I to retreat. A strong and competent leader who controls the most powerful military in the world simply need to respond “The hell you're going in, we have troops there and are sending reenforcements, if one hair gets injured on an American soldiers head then that will be treated as an act of war and we will respond in kind.”

Turkey ain’t going to mess with that.

What if Turkey does go ahead and decides to mess with that? A pile of dead American soldiers. Both sides of the conflict points at the other side as the culprit. What then?

More assumptions.

Right... what’s your point?

Speaking of what might have been is a fools errand, there's no way to prove your hypothesis.

It’s warfare smart guy, it’s all based on assumptions.

Yet you pretend to make statements of fact, when you're no better informed than anyone else.

not at all... everything I say is from my perspective and my understanding. It’s open for debate if you can make an argument that makes sense.
The problem is you invariably twist every opinion and benefit of doubt your way and give 0 in return.

you can’t just say that every time there’s an issue about something Trump does. That is dismissing the entire argument. Look at what he did, what the objections are and make your case to either support or critique the issue at hand.
There are very valid points in contrast to Trumps moves in Syria. Many of his allies are speaking out about it. Writing this off as a partisan TDS thing just doesn’t hold water.

so do you or don’t you support how Trump has handled this Syria business?
why not? every time trump does ANYTHING that's what the left does. when the left quits doing it, i'll stop saying it.

this is what happens when you demonize every move from someone out of emotional imbalance. you may be right. this could very well be a very valid concern. but since the left had made his fried chicken eating habits more or less NAZI, no one will listen when something DOES come up.

the left needs to understand this is how human emotion works. you can't cry wolf 24x7 then get mad when people stop listening to you.
your last two statements we’re fighting the strawman and avoiding the actual topic. It’s not like you.
The topic is attacking EVERY SINGLE THING TRUMP DOES

then wondering why people stop listening to you.

You don't understand the boy who cried wolf, try childhood stories again.
the topic is about the Turkey/Syria situation. You haven’t weighed in from what I’ve seen
You just don't like my input on another "Trump is wrong" thread.

Has he done anything right?
Sure, he’s done some good things, but that isn’t what this thread is about. Why don’t you weigh in on this situation? You didn’t need to engage in this thread of you didn’t want to talk about turkey/Syria

I don’t think we should go attack right now. Going back to trumps call with Turkey... he should have stood by the Kurds and sent reinforcements. Turkey never would have attack and gone to war with US. We wouldn’t be in this mess

I do, Turkey said they were going to go regardless of what Trump and other allies were saying. Trump made it clear if they did there would be a price to pay and he followed through.

Turkey may have said that and it’s pathetic that it scared Trump I to retreat. A strong and competent leader who controls the most powerful military in the world simply need to respond “The hell you're going in, we have troops there and are sending reenforcements, if one hair gets injured on an American soldiers head then that will be treated as an act of war and we will respond in kind.”

What if Turkey does go ahead and decides to mess with that? A pile of dead American soldiers. Both sides of the conflict points at the other side as the culprit. What then?
Then Turkey is in a world of hurt and we are in a war. That’s the risk. Warfare is a game of chess. We just gave up a huge strategic advantage to save our queen by retreating. I don’t think the Turks would have taken our queen but if they did we would have decimated them and held our advantage.

Right... what’s your point?

Speaking of what might have been is a fools errand, there's no way to prove your hypothesis.

Yet you pretend to make statements of fact, when you're no better informed than anyone else.

not at all... everything I say is from my perspective and my understanding. It’s open for debate if you can make an argument that makes sense.
The problem is you invariably twist every opinion and benefit of doubt your way and give 0 in return.
if I say anything that is untrue or twisted then call me on it. If you disagree with something I say then present an argument. But what we are doing right now is pointless and off topic.

Then Turkey is in a world of hurt and we are in a war. That’s the risk. Warfare is a game of chess. We just gave up a huge strategic advantage to save our queen by retreating. I don’t think the Turks would have taken our queen but if they did we would have decimated them and held our advantage.

Thats exactly the reason those 50 troops were stationed where they were. To provide a justification for war if one of them happened to get caught in the crossfire. A war with a nato member. A war which would inevitably result in a lot of dead civilians and more migrants into europe and more chaos in the region. It's a really ugly and cynical way to treat human beings who are supposed to be fighting in America's interest.

Thats exactly the reason those 50 troops were stationed where they were. To provide a justification for war if one of them happened to get caught in the crossfire. A war with a nato member. A war which would inevitably result in a lot of dead civilians and more migrants into europe and more chaos in the region. It's a really ugly and cynical way to treat human beings who are supposed to be fighting in America's interest.
it doesn’t sound like youve read up on this situation. Those soldiers were their because we committed to patrol the border in a joint effort to create a demilitarized safe zone between Turkey and the Kurds

it doesn’t sound like youve read up on this situation. Those soldiers were their because we committed to patrol the border in a joint effort to create a demilitarized safe zone between Turkey and the Kurds

You said it yourself. Those men were nothing but chess pieces. The only way the warmongers could be more blatant about it is if they stationed a bunch of American schoolchildren in Syria.

if I say anything that is untrue or twisted then call me on it. If you disagree with something I say then present an argument. But what we are doing right now is pointless and off topic.
I have. I was then told I'm right wing stuff and it deevolved from there.

Agan, I've found you give a lot o leeway for you views, near none for counterpoint.

You said it yourself. Those men were nothing but chess pieces. The only way the warmongers could be more blatant about it is if they stationed a bunch of American schoolchildren in Syria.
thats not what I said. If you going to quote me then be accurate or don’t do it at all

Agan, I've found you give a lot o leeway for you views, near none for counterpoint.
Of course I’m going to argue in favor of my views and challenge counterpoints, that’s how debates work. And if somebody makes a smart and logical counterpoint I listen with an open mind. I’ve admitted being wrong many times, I’m far from perfect. Can we get back in the game now? I’m not seeing the point in this sidetrack.

Of course I’m going to argue in favor of my views and challenge counterpoints, that’s how debates work. And if somebody makes a smart and logical counterpoint I listen with an open mind. I’ve admitted being wrong many times, I’m far from perfect. Can we get back in the game now? I’m not seeing the point in this sidetrack.
it's not arguing in favor of your views. that's fine. that's what we all do. it's the total and complete inability to establish a baseline of right and wrong from when to go from.

hillary is asked for her e-mail.
she looks for how to change headers.
she gives them paper copies so they won't have headers.
she deletes 33k mails
she bleachbits the drive

and you're cool.

trump says "can you look into that" and suddenly trump is a criminal.

you tell me where that common ground of right and wrong is and just where "benefit of doubt" is equally applied and i'll listen. anything else is you protecting your side at all costs; to me.

It wasn't 50 special Ops troops Egodan was afraid of, but our Air Force and Navy fighters. Mighty nice of the "Bloody" Don to order our Air Force and the Navy fighters to "Stand Down", mighty nice.

It wasn't 50 special Ops troops Egodan was afraid of, but our Air Force and Navy fighters. Mighty nice of the "Bloody" Don to order our Air Force and the Navy fighters to "Stand Down", mighty nice.
Stop whining. Winning is winning even if you think you're losing.

hillary is asked for her e-mail.
she looks for how to change headers.
she gives them paper copies so they won't have headers.
she deletes 33k mails
she bleachbits the drive

trump says "can you look into that" and suddenly trump is a criminal.

That was Hillary's private server, completely different than the whole "DNC sever in the Ukraine" (ct for idiots gig), Trumpybear was trying to strong arm them to investigating.

Stop whining. Winning is winning even if you think you're losing.

With that kind of winning, Putin smiles, Bigly!

I am reluctant to quote democrats criticizing republicans because I don’t always consider them to be objective. Obviously one party will criticize the other regardless of the validity and genuine nature of the criticism.

This deserves to be shared though. I barely know who this democrat is and don’t really care if he is a good public official or not but I can’t help but take note of his brashness here. Normally I would take issue with such strong words from a public official, but the man is right either way. Trump is pathetic. You would have to be a complete moron to think the Turkish President wouldn’t laugh his ass off at this. Trump’s usual attempt at trying to be tough by acting like a mindless Neanderthal backfires because of how goddamn stupid he comes across.

“Let's work out a good deal! you don't want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and i don't want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy — and I will. I've already given you a little sample with respect to Pastor Brunson.

“I have worked hard to solve some of your problems. Don't let the world down. You can make a great deal. General Mazloum is willing to negotiate with you, and he is willing to make concessions that they would never have made in the past. I am confidentially enclosing a copy of his letter to me, just received.

History will look upon you favorably if you get this done the right and humane way. It will look upon you forever as the devil if good things don't happen. Don't be a tough guy! Don't be a fool!

I will call you later.

Sincerely,
Donald J. Trump”

‘It’s utterly pathetic’: Democratic lawmakers are flabbergasted by Trump’s ‘tough guy’ letter to Turkey

LMAO Well for "utterly pathetic" it got the job done.

Stuff that up your ass and smoke it.

Forum List

Back