Trumps debt ceiling problem

The topic is moronic. The debt ceiling “crisis” is Veggie Joe’s, not Trump’s.

You are still a lunatic.

LMAO.. The topic is in the title of this thread, FFS. Trumps debt ceiling problem. You Trumpbots keep trying to whataboutthis into Biden, and I'm just not going to let you change the subject.
You oppose debt ceiling increases at the same time, supporting someone who did it not only twice, but suspended it for 2 years.

LMAO.. The topic is in the title of this thread, FFS. Trumps debt ceiling problem. You Trumpbots keep trying to whataboutthis into Biden, and I'm just not going to let you change the subject.
You oppose debt ceiling increases at the same time, supporting someone who did it not only twice, but suspended it for 2 years.
TRump has nothing to do with Biden's debt ceiling "crisis", Simp. He isn't in office, Tater is. And Tater is holding up raising the debt ceiling and will crash the economy when the US defaults.

You morons will try to blame Trump.

No, they aren't.

Post the NUMBERS to which you refer. Not the category, not a vague description.

5 of the 8 years Obama was in office, he had yearly debt that were over 1T, between 1.1 and 1.6 T in those years.

Trump had 1.2T to 1.5T in normal years and 4.2T in the year of Covid relief.

So, my point here is not to say that one is any better than the other, my point was that you all are blaming trump for the debt when Obama had years just as bad as trump, and Biden now is having years similar

TRump has nothing to do with Biden's debt ceiling "crisis", Simp. He isn't in office, Tater is. And Tater is holding up raising the debt ceiling and will crash the economy when the US defaults.

You morons will try to blame Trump.

Trump's an ex president with a record of debt ceiling increases. He's also a candidate for the next election. His record is important. EVEN IF you Trumpbots don't want to discuss it.

5 of the 8 years Obama was in office, he had yearly debt that were over 1T, between 1.1 and 1.6 T in those years.

Trump had 1.2T to 1.5T in normal years and 4.2T in the year of Covid relief.

So, my point here is not to say that one is any better than the other, my point was that you all are blaming trump for the debt when Obama had years just as bad as trump, and Biden now is having years similar

In short, they're all to blame for their own increases. That's a legit point. My focus on Trump now is that he's a candidate for the next election, that has a record of increases about the same as the rest.
And if borrowing, spending and the debt increases is important to Trump supporters, Why are they still wanting Trump in office?

All the die hard Trump supporters want to talk about is Biden. Ok, he sucks. We get it. We know it. And we don't want him back for that very reason. The same exact reason we don't want Trump back.

Assertion musta been the word of the week on Sesame Street. Kept saying all I had were assertions after I provided a link proving him to be a liar.
I have known that clown since 2017. He used to be at another forum. He is a clinical narcissist. A real one. His M.O never changes:
  1. He asks incessant questions all day, but refuses to answer any. This is because he is a control freak.
  2. He demands that others provide evidence of their claims, but refuses to provide evidence of his crap.
  3. No thoughts of his own. He has the internet speak for him.
The guy is a fraud and a moron.

Trump's an ex president with a record of debt ceiling increases. He's also a candidate for the next election. His record is important. EVEN IF you Trumpbots don't want to discuss it.
Cool story. Now explain why this debt ceiling “crisis” is bad news for Trump, Simp.

The die hard Trump supporters, who keep complaining about the debt ceiling, need to decide to either support Trump and the debt ceiling. Or simply not support him.
If not raising the debt ceiling now is important to you, why in the world would you want someone like Trump in office with a debt ceiling increase record.

You can't have it both ways on everything. Eventually you're going to have to realize that Trump sucks on monetary policies. And realize just how much monetary policy affects everyone's lives.
You can't just keep supporting those who simply don't care how much they borrow, spend then increase the ceiling so they can borrow more.

Debt Ceiling Under Trump
The debt ceiling increased two times under President Donald Trump, but the Trump administration also tinkered with the budget and the debt ceiling in other ways throughout its four years. When Trump was sworn into office in January 2017, the national debt stood at $19.9 trillion. By November 2020, the debt had increased to over $27 trillion.

Under Trump the debt ceiling increased:

• by $1.7 trillion to $19.8 trillion (de facto) in March 2017,
  • by $2.2 trillion to $22 trillion in March 2019.
Trump suspended the debt ceiling in August 2019, through July 2021. At the time of the 2020 election, the national debt stood at over $27 trillion, the fastest rate of increase of the national debt of any modern president.
Obamacare will continue to plague every President as the most expensive legislation ever passed and it gets more expensive the longer we keep it

Because he's a presidential candidate, duh!!!!

Biden is in office now. Nothing we can do about him or what he does, except complain. But we can do something about who's going to take the white house in 2024.

Because he's a presidential candidate, duh!!!!

Biden is in office now. Nothing we can do about him or what he does, except complain. But we can do something about who's going to take the white house in 2024.
So it is the problem of:

Chicom Joe
RFK Jr.
Asa Hutchinson
Nikki Haley
Asa Hutchinson
Trump.

I'm suggesting that this thread isn't about the democrats. It's about Trump who's trying to become president again, who had a HUGE record of spending and increasing the debt ceiling so he can spend more.
Democrats have a record of spending way too much. But since Reagan, the GOP has spent more and increased the debt ceiling more times. <<<<Fact

If you're wanting a fiscal conservative president, Trumps not your guy. If you don't care about all the spending, borrowing and debt ceiling increases, then does it really matter if it's a republican or a democrat?

Both sides spend too much, but look what’s happening right now. The GOP is trying to get spending cuts. Yeah, it sucks that it’s tied to the debt ceiling increase, but that is the only way spending cuts will ever come, so, the GOP is trying to cut spending, and the dems in the senate will likely vote against it, and Biden won’t negotiate and has said he will veto it.

I expect McCarthy to cave and the left will get what they want, and we’ll have another massive spending package.

Both sides spend too much, but look what’s happening right now. The GOP is trying to get spending cuts. Yeah, it sucks that it’s tied to the debt ceiling increase, but that is the only way spending cuts will ever come, so, the GOP is trying to cut spending, and the dems in the senate will likely vote against it, and Biden won’t negotiate and has said he will veto it.

I expect McCarthy to cave and the left will get what they want, and we’ll have another massive spending package.

Now that we're at this point, you're absolutely correct. My biggest problem with the GOP is that they're spend freaks all the way up to the debt ceiling problem, then suddenly it's "We've got to cut spending."

I'm just wondering why TF didn't they think about all that when they were voting yes on the last 3 omnibus bills?
They're hypocrites. And don't care one bit when a GOP president is in office. And they have no problem raising the debt ceiling when a republican is president.

It's a shame the voters are so forgetful. Because this has been the pattern for as long as I can remember.

So it is the problem of:

Chicom Joe
RFK Jr.
Asa Hutchinson
Nikki Haley
Asa Hutchinson
Trump.

Do you not understand common sense or plain English?

The problem is big spending politicians from BOTH sides of the isle. The solution is electing those who are NOT big spending politicians in the next election. What we have now is not going to change until the next election.
Those of you who are pushing for big spending politicians like Trump, if you're successful in your push, will definitely get another big spending politician.

Can you comprehend (understand) that? Or do I need to break out the crayons?

Do you not understand common sense or plain English?

The problem is big spending politicians from BOTH sides of the isle. The solution is electing those who are NOT big spending politicians in the next election. What we have now is not going to change until the next election.
Those of you who are pushing for big spending politicians like Trump, if you're successful in your push, will definitely get another big spending politician.

Can you comprehend (understand) that? Or do I need to break out the crayons?
I understand English just fine. I asked you why you think the current debt ceiling “crisis” is Trump’s problem.

Your response was because he is a candidate for President. Logic dictates it would also be a problem for all those I listed because they are also candidates, Simp.

So yes, you need to break out the crayons and your Buzz Lightyear coloring book and go entertain yourself. The adults are talking.

Trump isn't in office...he was able to successfully work with Congress and pass a bi-partisan plan in 2019....

So far the House has passed a Debt Ceiling package this year, Xiden and the Dems have refused to act...the problem isn't a former President who has no control over the current President...it's the current President's problem.

It is easy to fix the "debt ceiling" problem. Just stop spending more money than you take in. Then you won't have to borrow any. It ain't rocket science.

Forum List

Back