Trump we will guard our border with our military

Good. If Trump can't have his wall, the Military is the next best thing.

But let's just be clear, if the Chinese could build a 5,500 mile border wall 2,300 years ago to defend itself from Mongolian nomadic armies, then we can build one that's 3,500 miles shorter, with vastly superior technology and ethics.

But yeah. Let's keep snorting condoms and scarfing down Tide pods.

The Great Wall was built in stages over a period of over 2000 years, by hundreds of thousands, if not millions of workers.

Perhaps I should have been more precise, I'm only referring to the final product built during the Ming Dynasty. And today, we may not even need that many workers to build it. Remember, we have technology that is quantum leaps and bounds above what the ancient Chinese had.

Even the portion built by the Ming Dynasty took 200 years to build.

And you think it will take us 200 years to build this one? Come on Aaron.

At this rate we won't have enough funding approved in 200 years, let alone a 2000 mile wall built.
That's why we need to tax remittances to pay for the wall.

We need to shoot these starving kids who are fleeing gangs! It's a moral obligation!
They aren't starving. Most are obese from the films of them and they ARE the gangs. Shoot them where they stand and leave the bodies as a warning.
Soggy in NOLA

TA-DAAAAAAA!

Curious, what part of that mentions "starving kids"? We're talking about adults here, from gangs and drug cartels.

Stop it, g5. Nobody is suggesting that we kill children. If we have to use deadly force to protect our borders from dangerous criminal elements, so be it.

Or, we can dispense with the entire notion of national sovereignty altogether.

But let's just be clear, if the Chinese could build a 5,500 mile border wall 2,300 years ago to defend itself from Mongolian nomadic armies, then we can build one that's 3,500 miles shorter, with vastly superior technology and ethics.

The Great Wall was built in stages over a period of over 2000 years, by hundreds of thousands, if not millions of workers.

Perhaps I should have been more precise, I'm only referring to the final product built during the Ming Dynasty. And today, we may not even need that many workers to build it. Remember, we have technology that is quantum leaps and bounds above what the ancient Chinese had.

At this rate we won't have enough funding approved in 200 years, let alone a 2000 mile wall built.

Hmm, if you only knew the power of American industry. How else do you think we managed to win World War II? By lending moral support?

They are defending our borders from foreign invaders, not against US citizens.
I've been saying this for years
bring some of the overseas troops home
this is a triple win!
1. no overseas transportation/logistics/ housing/etc cost
..a. save to-and-from transportation costs = double cost
2. use #1 $$$$ in the US, not overseas
3. those troops will spend their $$$ in the US, not overseas
etc etc

I have as well, and been told by people from both sides that it is not legal

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
what's not legal??

Depending on what part of the military is used, those people might be talking about Posse Comitatus. :dunno:

Did they mention to shoot children in that post? No.
You are making outlandish accusations.

We need to shoot these starving kids who are fleeing gangs! It's a moral obligation!

Nobody's advocating any such thing.
*cough*

The military needs to be able to shoot to kill.

agree.jpg

The Great Wall was built in stages over a period of over 2000 years, by hundreds of thousands, if not millions of workers
Hoover Dam began operations in 1936. It impounds one of the largest reservoirs (by volume) in the United States. Originally called “Boulder Dam”, it was renamed Hoover Dam after congress voted to make the name official in 1947. Even today, 75 years after it was built, it remains one of the largest, most reliable hydroelectric generators in the US.
How Long Will The Hoover Dam Last? - Zidbits
zidbits.com/2013/05/how-long-will-the-hoover-dam-last
We have the technology to build the wall in a few years. That is why the liberals are so afraid of it, no more future democrat voters...

Shoot, ask questions later

-Geaux

That's a bit much. We aren't communist East Germany.
in East Germany they shot their own Citizens going over the wall to LEAVE their country. We just want to shoot people who are trying to get in OUR country illegally...Only way to end this unwanted, everlasting invasion..

Hmm, if you only knew the power of American industry. How else do you think we managed to win World War II? By lending moral support?

During World War 2 we were fighting an enemy on two fronts, and millions needed jobs due to the Great Depression. Today we have a decent economy and relatively low unemployment. Many American's aren't looking for "moral support". Despite what some Trump supporters may believe a lot of people really don't care about the wall one way or another. It's a band-aid. A very expensive band-aid.

Shoot, ask questions later

-Geaux

That's a bit much. We aren't communist East Germany.
in East Germany they shot their own Citizens going over the wall to LEAVE their country. We just want to shoot people who are trying to get in OUR country illegally...Only way to end this unwanted, everlasting invasion..

If we're going to use deadly force, restraint is necessary. It can't be indiscriminate.

I will not stand for such barbarity.

During World War 2 we were fighting an enemy on two fronts, and millions needed jobs due to the Great Depression. Today we have a decent economy and relatively low unemployment. Many American's aren't looking for "moral support". Despite what some Trump supporters may believe a lot of people really don't care about the wall one way or another. It's a band-aid. A very expensive band-aid.
big difference between WW2 and today-----the HUGE debt!!!!

I don't like the defeatism here. Like I told g5, if we can't take steps to enforce our borders, we should dispense with our national sovereignty and get it over with. We are clearly not interested in maintaining it.

I've been saying this for years
bring some of the overseas troops home
this is a triple win!
1. no overseas transportation/logistics/ housing/etc cost
..a. save to-and-from transportation costs = double cost
2. use #1 $$$$ in the US, not overseas
3. those troops will spend their $$$ in the US, not overseas
etc etc

I have as well, and been told by people from both sides that it is not legal

What's not legal?

Looks like it may happen.

BREAKING: Trump Says Military Will Be Used To Protect Border

I like it. Whatever it takes.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

The Posse Comitatus Act would be a difficult hurdle to overcome.
It is not ILLEGAL to guard the border with troops since the mission of the MILITARY is to protect us from foreign invaders.

Forum List

Back