Trump we will guard our border with our military

Even the portion built by the Ming Dynasty took 200 years to build.

And you think it will take us 200 years to build this one? Come on Aaron.

At this rate we won't have enough funding approved in 200 years, let alone a 2000 mile wall built.

Hmm, if you only knew the power of American industry. How else do you think we managed to win World War II? By lending moral support?

During World War 2 we were fighting an enemy on two fronts, and millions needed jobs due to the Great Depression. Today we have a decent economy and relatively low unemployment. Many American's aren't looking for "moral support". Despite what some Trump supporters may believe a lot of people really don't care about the wall one way or another. It's a band-aid. A very expensive band-aid.

I don't like the defeatism here. Like I told g5, if we can't take steps to enforce our borders, we should dispense with our national sovereignty and get it over with. We are clearly not interested in maintaining it.

Where is the defeatism? There are a lot of ways to protect our borders other than a wall. Bringing troops back from overseas to protect our borders would not only cost less, but probably strengthen our economy.

Way to go Trump!!!! a real American instead of a Kenyan...what a difference!

Why do Dems want open borders while at the same time want to take away our guns? Did they forget 9-11? What has happened to the democrat party to make them so anti anything American?
A foreign actor disguised as a citizen.

Looks like it may happen.

BREAKING: Trump Says Military Will Be Used To Protect Border

I like it. Whatever it takes.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

The Posse Comitatus Act would be a difficult hurdle to overcome.
The PURPOSE of the military is national defense e.g. US borders. This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus.

Where is the defeatism? There are a lot of ways to protect our borders other than a wall. Bringing troops back from overseas to protect our borders would not only cost less, but probably strengthen our economy.

What I am suggesting is that we supplement the military with a wall. We could use the economic benefits from bringing our troops home to build it.

I do admit, making Mexico pay for it is a bit unrealistic.

One would think that you guys would understand by now that Trump tweeting about something is not to be taken as an implication that anything will actually happen.

And that act supersedes National security how?

Because we are a nation of laws, not a nation of emotional hyperbole.

As mush as it must burn your ass, Trump isn't a dictator.

The PURPOSE of the military is national defense e.g. US borders. This has nothing to do with Posse Comitatus.

Of course it does. Barring exceptional circumstances, the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the deployment of US military on US soil.

About freaking time! If the boys and girls that you elected to represent you in Washington will not support a wall, enforce federal immigration law, then by all means deploy troops, great training ground! good experience in patrolling, night time ops, surveillance, and tactical maneuvers. It will be interesting to see what they round up. They could even set up retention centers to learn how to logistically process and deport those they capture.

Applies to using American Forces to police US citizens. Doesn't apply to stopping a foreign invasion ...

scaled.reddawn1984.jpg

It is not ILLEGAL to guard the border with troops since the mission of the MILITARY is to protect us from foreign invaders.

Yes, it is.

Even the portion built by the Ming Dynasty took 200 years to build.

And you think it will take us 200 years to build this one? Come on Aaron.

At this rate we won't have enough funding approved in 200 years, let alone a 2000 mile wall built.

Hmm, if you only knew the power of American industry. How else do you think we managed to win World War II? By lending moral support?

During World War 2 we were fighting an enemy on two fronts, and millions needed jobs due to the Great Depression. Today we have a decent economy and relatively low unemployment. Many American's aren't looking for "moral support". Despite what some Trump supporters may believe a lot of people really don't care about the wall one way or another. It's a band-aid. A very expensive band-aid.
big difference between WW2 and today-----the HUGE debt!!!!
In the history of the US, we have never carried as much debt as we did in WWII

The Posse Comitatus Act (187 prohibited use of the U.S. Army to aid civil officials in enforcing the law or suppressing civil disorder unless expressly ordered to do so by the president. Southern Democratic members of the House who resented widespread use of federal troops during Reconstruction introduced the law.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/delta-force4.htm
http://www.billslinksandmore.com/20...r-13528-subverts-posse-comitatus-act-of-1878/

http://scholars.law.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1668&context=nlj

The United States Army serves as the land-based branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. Section 3062 of Title 10, U.S. Code defines the purpose of the army as: Preserving the peace and security and providing for the defense of the United States, the Commonwealths and possessions and any areas occupied by the United States.

Shoot, ask questions later

-Geaux

That's a bit much. We aren't communist East Germany.
in East Germany they shot their own Citizens going over the wall to LEAVE their country. We just want to shoot people who are trying to get in OUR country illegally...Only way to end this unwanted, everlasting invasion..

If we're going to use deadly force, restraint is necessary. It can't be indiscriminate.

I will not stand for such barbarity.

Restraint, yes. But it needs to be made crystal clear to them, and anyone else with such thoughts of busting in that it will no longer be tolerated, and also they will not be permitted to game the legal system here to their advantage.

Forum List

Back