Trump we will guard our border with our military

Better than wasting time in the mideast (even though we will continue to and probably do it more soon)

Interestingly enough you still insist on calling him a traitor.

Noted.
Absolutely. The man sidles up to dictators and attacks our allies. He wages war, personally at times, against Americans. And he does so with Russian help, which he knows about and has never spoken against.

Putin does not want Trump leading the country because he has our interests at heart.

I've been saying this for years
bring some of the overseas troops home
this is a triple win!
1. no overseas transportation/logistics/ housing/etc cost
..a. save to-and-from transportation costs = double cost
2. use #1 $$$$ in the US, not overseas
3. those troops will spend their $$$ in the US, not overseas
etc etc

I have as well, and been told by people from both sides that it is not legal

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
what's not legal??

Depending on what part of the military is used, those people might be talking about Posse Comitatus. :dunno:
Posse Comitatus Act
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using its military personnel to act as domestic law enforcement personnel.
Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is defending our borders from an invading horde of illegals be domestic law enforcement? Only way to stop an invasion is to repel them with force. After a few 1000 bodies left just south of the border, the illegals and liberals would get the message that We the People don't want criminals here anymore.

this is a triple win!
etc etc

what's not legal??

Depending on what part of the military is used, those people might be talking about Posse Comitatus. :dunno:
but it's not a domestic issue
domestic
existing or occurring inside a particular country; not foreign or international.
these are foreigners trying to cross our border

We need to shoot these starving kids who are fleeing gangs! It's a moral obligation!

this is a triple win!
etc etc

what's not legal??

Posse Comitatus Act
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using its military personnel to act as domestic law enforcement personnel.
Posse Comitatus Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is defending our borders from an invading horde of illegals be domestic law enforcement? Only way to stop an invasion is to repel them with force. After a few 1000 bodies left just south of the border, the illegals and liberals would get the message that We the People don't want criminals here anymore.
agree--it's just like a home invasion
..I DON"T CARE if they are picking flowers or getting water --shoot to KILL
..I DON"T CARE if children get KILLED--their parents are to blame for invading--committing a crime...if a criminal gets shot committing a crime--that's GOOD!!

Good. If Trump can't have his wall, the Military is the next best thing.

But let's just be clear, if the Chinese could build a 5,500 mile border wall 2,300 years ago to defend itself from Mongolian nomadic armies, then we can build one that's 3,500 miles shorter, with vastly superior technology and ethics.

But yeah. Let's keep snorting condoms and scarfing down Tide pods.

The Great Wall was built in stages over a period of over 2000 years, by hundreds of thousands, if not millions of workers.

But let's just be clear, if the Chinese could build a 5,500 mile border wall 2,300 years ago to defend itself from Mongolian nomadic armies, then we can build one that's 3,500 miles shorter, with vastly superior technology and ethics.

The Great Wall was built in stages over a period of over 2000 years, by hundreds of thousands, if not millions of workers.

Perhaps I should have been more precise, I'm only referring to the final product built during the Ming Dynasty. And today, we may not even need that many workers to build it. Remember, we have technology that is quantum leaps and bounds above what the ancient Chinese had.

Perhaps I should have been more precise, I'm only referring to the final product built during the Ming Dynasty. And today, we may not even need that many workers to build it. Remember, we have technology that is quantum leaps and bounds above what the ancient Chinese had.

Even the portion built by the Ming Dynasty took 200 years to build.

We need to shoot these starving kids who are fleeing gangs! It's a moral obligation!

Nobody's advocating any such thing.
*cough*

The military needs to be able to shoot to kill.

agree.jpg

this is a triple win!
etc etc

what's not legal??

Not even close. The military is not being used in law enforcement activity. It is being used to repel an invasion much like the coast guard does at sea.

He should have the military guard the border and make Mexico pay for it

Hey yea

-Geaux

Trump says he will put U.S. military on southern border

President Trump said Tuesday that he plans to deploy U.S. troops along the southern border to prevent illegal crossings "until we can have a wall."

“Until we can have a wall and proper security, we are going to be guarding our border with the military. That's a big step,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

Defense Secretary James Mattis was sitting next to Trump when he made his comments.

Trump says he will put U.S. military on southern border

And you think it will take us 200 years to build this one? Come on Aaron.

He is on TV now with Baltic leaders. Very Presidential. He also said he contacted Mexico about the caravan and said they were breaking it up

-Geaux

And you think it will take us 200 years to build this one? Come on Aaron.

At this rate we won't have enough funding approved in 200 years, let alone a 2000 mile wall built.

Way to go Trump!!!! a real American instead of a Kenyan...what a difference!

Why do Dems want open borders while at the same time want to take away our guns? Did they forget 9-11? What has happened to the democrat party to make them so anti anything American?

Forum List

Back