Trump was right again...New York Attorney General files lawsuit to dissolve NRA

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

This is a better source:

New York AG seeks to dissolve NRA in new lawsuit

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.
Fraud. It's also fraud.

typically you prosecute fraud to protect the victim of the fraud. here they are going after the perpetrators to destroy the victim.

If they are violating their tax exempt status the victims are the taxpayers.

That is a stretch, and the action should still be by the people leading the organization, not the organization.

Why seek to dissolve the NRA instead of just prosecuting the perpetrators? Is there any other case where this has happened?

Or is this just a shockingly obvious attempt by a elected DA to destroy an organization they don't like?

I have no idea what she has or what she plans on doing. If they violated their tax exempt status though they should be prosecuted.

You prosecute people for breaking the law, this is an attempt to silence the NRA as an organization, and by proxy the people who support it.

OK, if you think Trump should be in prison as opposed to suing his organization, I'm good with that.

Prove Trump committed a crime.

He plead guilty.

The president admitted he had used funds raised by the Donald J. Trump Foundation to promote his campaign and pay business debts.

Among Mr. Trump’s admissions in court papers: The charity gave his campaign complete control over disbursing the $2.8 million that the foundation had raised at a fund-raiser for veterans in Iowa in January 2016, only days before the state’s presidential nominating caucuses. The fund-raiser, he acknowledged, was in fact a campaign event.

The president also admitted to using the foundation to settle the legal obligations of companies he owned, including Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Florida, and the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester County, N.Y. And he acknowledged that the foundation purchased the $10,000 portrait of Mr. Trump, which was ultimately displayed at one of his Florida hotels.

Trump Ordered to Pay $2 Million to Charities for Misuse of Foundation

Civil liability, not criminal.

Stop lying.

Tax fraud.

they admitted to civil procedure issues, not a crime.

Show me a criminal conviction.

Always with the new requirements. You said the individuals should be prosecuted. I already agreed that was fine with me.

All the same, when a tax exempt organization is found to run afoul of the rules, they can lose that status which causes them to close.

That's simply how it works. We will have to see what she has.

I said prove Trump committed a crime, it's clear as day it's what I said.

What you linked was a civil issue, a paperwork issue.

I have no idea what any of this is about. I heard one remark concerning the NRA but I have no idea what it is concerning. What are we supposed to take from this?

This is a better source:

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has filed a lawsuit against the National Rifle Association and its leadership, including Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, looking to dissolve the organization.

James accused the organization of having "a culture of self-dealing," taking millions of dollars for personal use and granting contracts that benefited leaders' family and associates.

"The NRA's influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets," James said in a statement. "The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law."

Thank you. This helps. She is wasting the taxpayers money. If they are taking millions for personal use (which I agree they do) that is an internal and member issue.
Fraud. It's also fraud.

typically you prosecute fraud to protect the victim of the fraud. here they are going after the perpetrators to destroy the victim.
Huh?

if the officers of the NRA committed fraud, then the NRA as an organization is the victim here.
if the officers of the NRA committed fraud, then the NRA as an organization is the victim here.
Huh?
The victims are the members and contributors who were misled and fleeced. The entire leadership of the organization were complicit in the fraud.

But why try to dissolve the entire organization? Has there ever been a case where this has happened before?

Are the members and contributors actually asking for the DA to dissolve the organization?

Why call for the dissolution of the NRA itself? Plus, since the NRA is a national organization can a State DA even do so?
Of course it's happened before. See the Trump Foundation. The NRA is incorporated in NY.

All they had to do was be honest brokers to their organization. But you know....they're conservatives.

The Trump Foundation had one primary source of membership and funding. Trump. It doesn't compare the NRA.

This is a blindly political prosecution, nothing more or less.

That you can't admit that makes you a giant hack-twat, who needs to go fuck themselves with a rusty AIDS infested tire iron.
LOL....sure.
It's not like the NY AG needs to have a sound case or anything. :dunno:
Leftwing AGs don't need proof of any kind. Just look at the spying on Trump.
Leftwing AGs don't need proof of any kind. Just look at the spying on Trump.
Sure, dope. She's going to court with nothing to prove her allegations because the left wing judge is in on it. :cuckoo:

She's in NY, of course she's going to get a compliant judge.

Any of this would be thrown out on appeal eventually. It's a witch hunt.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

If they are violating their tax exempt status the victims are the taxpayers.

That is a stretch, and the action should still be by the people leading the organization, not the organization.

Why seek to dissolve the NRA instead of just prosecuting the perpetrators? Is there any other case where this has happened?

Or is this just a shockingly obvious attempt by a elected DA to destroy an organization they don't like?

I have no idea what she has or what she plans on doing. If they violated their tax exempt status though they should be prosecuted.

You prosecute people for breaking the law, this is an attempt to silence the NRA as an organization, and by proxy the people who support it.

OK, if you think Trump should be in prison as opposed to suing his organization, I'm good with that.

Prove Trump committed a crime.

He plead guilty.

The president admitted he had used funds raised by the Donald J. Trump Foundation to promote his campaign and pay business debts.

Among Mr. Trump’s admissions in court papers: The charity gave his campaign complete control over disbursing the $2.8 million that the foundation had raised at a fund-raiser for veterans in Iowa in January 2016, only days before the state’s presidential nominating caucuses. The fund-raiser, he acknowledged, was in fact a campaign event.

The president also admitted to using the foundation to settle the legal obligations of companies he owned, including Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Florida, and the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester County, N.Y. And he acknowledged that the foundation purchased the $10,000 portrait of Mr. Trump, which was ultimately displayed at one of his Florida hotels.

Trump Ordered to Pay $2 Million to Charities for Misuse of Foundation

Civil liability, not criminal.

Stop lying.

Tax fraud.

they admitted to civil procedure issues, not a crime.

Show me a criminal conviction.

Always with the new requirements. You said the individuals should be prosecuted. I already agreed that was fine with me.

All the same, when a tax exempt organization is found to run afoul of the rules, they can lose that status which causes them to close.

That's simply how it works. We will have to see what she has.

I said prove Trump committed a crime, it's clear as day it's what I said.

What you linked was a civil issue, a paperwork issue.

It was tax fraud. You can deny that all day if you wish.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

The victims are the NRA members from which they stole. Duh.

Then prosecute the offending people.

Why go after the organization if it's not a political motive?

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Unfortunately that is how it works. As I said, I wish they would go after the individuals more often but when you have money you can get away with things others can't.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Unfortunately that is how it works. As I said, I wish they would go after the individuals more often but when you have money you can get away with things others can't.

No, it isn't. This is purely political. If she just wanted "justice" she would prosecute the perpetrators. by trying to dissolve the NRA she is going for "social justice", which isn't justice at all.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

No, it isn't. This is purely political. If she just wanted "justice" she would prosecute the perpetrators. by trying to dissolve the NRA she is going for "social justice", which isn't justice at all.

Facts don't seem to phase you. Same thing was said when she went after Trump's tax evasion.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

Facts don't seem to phase you. Same thing was said when she went after Trump's tax evasion.

That is also purely political.

You and her are both pathetic fucking hacks.

As a district attorney in 2004, Kamala supported legislation that would require “microstamping” technology for all firearms, a proposal both problematic for its potential infringement on core Second Amendment rights as well as possible government exploitation.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

If you don't want your Orange Virus investigated, tell him to stop breaking laws, asshole! 'Law and order' *pResident my ass. I believe everything the rotten piece of garbage condemns others for, he is guilty of threefold.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

If you don't want your Orange Virus investigated, tell him to stop breaking laws, asshole! 'Law and order' *pResident my ass. I believe everything the rotten piece of garbage condemns others for, he is guilty of threefold.

You confuse your side using lawfare with actual justice.

just like you confuse social justice with actual justice.

just like you confuse anti-fa with actual anti-fascism.

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

I confuse none of those things, nitwit. I don't usually align with any group you've mentioned, and if I do mention them, it's usually in less than complimentary terms. So, your all out of slights to throw at me, as usual.

The only 'side' I have is making the lives of political extremist dirt bags, like yourself, who worship superficial populist ideologues, as offended and uncomfortable as possible. I sincerely believe you don't belong in this country.

How am I doing, fuckwit?

Saying is one thing, we can all tell her intent by her actions, her hacky obviously political actions.
Hahaha.... in other words, you are going to peddle your fantasy no matter what is said. Why do you even ask other people questions? Nothing anyone says, or evidence, or facts is going to have any bearing on your opinions.

these are very serious crimes, and these people should go to prison, if guilty.

Saying is one thing, we can all tell her intent by her actions, her hacky obviously political actions.
Hahaha.... in other words, you are going to peddle your fantasy no matter what is said. Why do you even ask other people questions? Nothing anyone says, or evidence, or facts is going to have any bearing on your opinions.

these are very serious crimes, and these people should go to prison, if guilty.

"crimes"

This is a better source:

Fraud. It's also fraud.

I confuse none of those things, nitwit. I don't usually align with any group you've mentioned, and if I do mention them, it's usually in less than complimentary terms. So, your all out of slights to throw at me, as usual.

The only 'side' I have is making the lives of political extremist dirt bags, like yourself, who worship superficial populist ideologues, as offended and uncomfortable as possible. I sincerely believe you don't belong in this country.

How am I doing, fuckwit?

Yes, a middle of the road person who's views on this board clearly puts them in with the SJW types.

How am I an "extremist"?

Yes, a middle of the road person who's views on this board clearly puts them in with the SJW types.

You say that, yet never seem to be able to back up the SJW bullshit you put on me. Ever. Wonder why that is. I detest entitled assholes of all political stripes, including you. I guess to a limited intellect like yours, that makes me a SJW. Oh well.

How am I an "extremist"?

Many things you post are bullet point winger nonsense. Thus, extremist.

One would think, after so many years of spouting the same nonsense that they would have already taken your guns.

They are trying

but there are too many Americans against the idea

No "They" aren't. If they were trying as hard as you bleet, it would have been done long ago. Now, exactly who is "They". It seems we can't figure that part out. Be specific. No generalization allowed. Of course, it's like screaming Communists and Antifa and you can't tell us exactly whom you are yelling about.

Off the top of my head...Nancy Pelosi.

New Topics

Forum List

Back