Trump understands what his critics don’t: The current lockdown is unsustainable

Everybody knows that. No one intends the lockdown to continue indefinitely.
Everyone understands that until it happens, then the libs are going to become unglued because Trump did it.

It’s hard to tell what Trump is and isn’t doing. He speaks so vaguely it’s really quite confusing what is just his “hope” versus what is actually being done versus what he thinks is being done.
Perhaps.....having said that, the liberals have been very consistent with how they deal with Trump, then, throw in the MSM and you have, "unglued".

Remember how a few weeks ago the MSM was accused of blowing this out of proportion, that everything was fine?

I remember.
It has been blown out of proportion, make no mistake about that.
Just take a yearly flu season and the incredible amount of infections and deaths annually from it.

If a democrat or the media says COVID is a big deal, they’re lying

If Trump says it’s a big deal, he’s a brilliant leader.

Gotcha.
The thing I said is that it was blown out of proportion, kindly stick to what I said. got it?
How was it blown out of proportion?
I guess you didn't comprehend what I stated when I posted this in response to one of your posts.
"Just take a yearly flu season and the incredible amount of infections and deaths annually from it."

So far this flu season there has been 24,000-62,000 flu deaths in America according to the CDC.
Where is the outrage on a yearly flu season?

Why should we be “outraged” over the flu?

Everyone understands that until it happens, then the libs are going to become unglued because Trump did it.

It’s hard to tell what Trump is and isn’t doing. He speaks so vaguely it’s really quite confusing what is just his “hope” versus what is actually being done versus what he thinks is being done.
Perhaps.....having said that, the liberals have been very consistent with how they deal with Trump, then, throw in the MSM and you have, "unglued".

Remember how a few weeks ago the MSM was accused of blowing this out of proportion, that everything was fine?

I remember.
Just take a yearly flu season and the incredible amount of infections and deaths annually from it.

Gotcha.
The thing I said is that it was blown out of proportion, kindly stick to what I said. got it?
I guess you didn't comprehend what I stated when I posted this in response to one of your posts.
"Just take a yearly flu season and the incredible amount of infections and deaths annually from it."

So far this flu season there has been 24,000-62,000 flu deaths in America according to the CDC.

SMH If you're going to be outraged over the corona virus, shouldn't you be equally outraged over
the flu virus....considering how many people get infected and the amount of deaths annually from it?

Selective response, I guess
Polar-Bear-Facepalm.jpg

I remember.

Gotcha.

SMH If you're going to be outraged over the corona virus, shouldn't you be equally outraged over
the flu virus....considering how many people get infected and the amount of deaths annually from it?

Selective response, I guessView attachment 316025

You really think COVID-19 is equal to seasonal influenza?

I don’t think the medical community would agree with saying they are equivalent.

I remember.

Gotcha.

I don’t think the medical community would agree with saying they are equivalent.
What I THINK is that more people will be dying from the flu this season than the corona virus.
What I am also noticing is your deflection to my question. Have a good day, Colfax, tired of your game

The other point that is never written about is that the President (no matter who he is) must project a sense of OPTIMISM. The combination of forced unemployment, forced separation, restriction of normal activities is certainly causes millions to fall into fits of depressions. The LAST thing we need is a President saying, "this thing is going to last YEARS..."

The "journalists" who bad-mouthed the President for saying that we should start coming out by Easter should be shot. In public. Bad mouthing him for EXPRESSING A HOPE???

How low can you go?
Because it’s confusing and misleading. People are getting mixed messages. Trump says everything is going great. Five minutes later we hear that cases are accelerating from the CDC.

So he should say we are all going to die and should form Mongolian hordes on horseback to run across the plains to rape and pillage?

Obviously that’s exactly what I’m saying.

Good lord. Y’all are taking this really hard.

aint that the truth.
blob supporters are funny when they aren’t homicidal

You left wingers are full of shit.

You can't keep your stories straight and you root for the end of America.

Fuck you.

It's already been shown that New York is in trouble because of it's leaders....not Trump.
Glad to see you admit Trump isn’t a leader.

Clearly you have a disease that makes you unable to comprehend.

Is Trump a leader in your mind?

Yes he is.

Not the greatest....but he's doing a good job here.
If he’s doing a good job, then why is New York in trouble?

Kinda missed the thread out that that shows how New York's leadership failed the state on several fronts.

Encouraging people to ignore the virus and party on.

When they finally caught on and told people to stay home.....well being left wingers...they kept partying.

You get what you vote for.
Was Trump telling people to stay home at that time?

At that point he was supposed to tell the whole country to stay home?

At that point the clusters were in Washington, NYC, and other large cities, with their own Departments of Health at the local and State levels.

Are we supposed to believe that guidance from Trump can only be delivered by blanket national orders?

Obviously not.

So you spend 3 years telling people not to listen to him and you bitch about him not telling people to do things?

Pick a position, you hack twat.

It was more 3 years of chronicling the daily Trump lie-fest (all of which you believed) and how you cannot trust what he was saying.

listen is great. Believe and Trust? No.

Again, he is the first Politician to "lie", right? Your side has been obscuring the line between fact and opinion for decades now, and now all of sudden you get a go back to Jeebus moment.
That would be talk radio and Fox News.

No that is the progressive MSM and fellow travelers such as yourself.
Sean Hannity calls himself an opinion journalist.

That precisely encapsulates how dumb he thinks his listeners are.

Bull shit.

He knows the pigs will eat up whatever he puts into the trough

The other point that is never written about is that the President (no matter who he is) must project a sense of OPTIMISM. The combination of forced unemployment, forced separation, restriction of normal activities is certainly causes millions to fall into fits of depressions. The LAST thing we need is a President saying, "this thing is going to last YEARS..."

The "journalists" who bad-mouthed the President for saying that we should start coming out by Easter should be shot. In public. Bad mouthing him for EXPRESSING A HOPE???

How low can you go?
Because it’s confusing and misleading. People are getting mixed messages. Trump says everything is going great. Five minutes later we hear that cases are accelerating from the CDC.

So he should say we are all going to die and should form Mongolian hordes on horseback to run across the plains to rape and pillage?

aint that the truth.

Fuck you.

It's already been shown that New York is in trouble because of it's leaders....not Trump.

Yes he is.

Kinda missed the thread out that that shows how New York's leadership failed the state on several fronts.

When they finally caught on and told people to stay home.....well being left wingers...they kept partying.

At that point the clusters were in Washington, NYC, and other large cities, with their own Departments of Health at the local and State levels.

Are we supposed to believe that guidance from Trump can only be delivered by blanket national orders?

Obviously not.

So you spend 3 years telling people not to listen to him and you bitch about him not telling people to do things?

It was more 3 years of chronicling the daily Trump lie-fest (all of which you believed) and how you cannot trust what he was saying.

Again, he is the first Politician to "lie", right? Your side has been obscuring the line between fact and opinion for decades now, and now all of sudden you get a go back to Jeebus moment.

At least he admits he is giving his opinions,and his bias.

Twats like you pretend journalists who think like you do are somehow magically neutral and fair.

How low can you go?

Are there no other options available ?

There are plenty, however no matter what he says you morons will lambaste it, because it's all you can do.

it is absolutely amazing to me that prominent Democrats and their sycophants in the dishonest and corrupt media can't see it

EVERY shot they take at this President has failed miserably

and things do not look to change anytime soon

the chloroquine pills are helping people (despite not going through "channels" and ensuring profits for the "right people")

and Americans can see the Trump is working for them

Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

LINK

President Trump enjoys 60 percent approval for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, but that has not stopped his critics from trying to stoke public outrage at his expense.

After the president expressed hope that the anti-malaria drug chloroquine was showing signs of success as a treatment for the coronavirus, news organizations tried to blame him for the death of an Arizona man who self-medicated with fish tank solvent that contained a different form of the substance. “Man dies after taking drug touted as coronavirus treatment by Trump,” CBS News declared. No, he didn’t. Trump never suggested anyone self-medicate with aquarium cleaner.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Now the latest source of outrage is the president’s announcement that wants to begin lifting the current economic lockdown by Easter. In a press briefing Tuesday, Trump said his “goal is to ease the guidelines and open things up to very large sections of our country” and that “I hope we can do this by Easter,” but added that “our decision will be based on hard facts and data.”

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Every life matters. That is why at the start of a pandemic, the right strategy is to accept high economic risk in order to mitigate the risks to public health of a new and unknown pathogen. Trump effectively ordered a recession — asking businesses to close and workers to stay home — to slow the spread of the virus so that public health officials could learn how it behaves, develop our testing capability and increase the production of protective gear, ventilators and hospital capacity for the hardest-hit areas, as well as the development of therapeutics to treat it.

But over time, as we get a handle on the outbreak, we need to start adjusting our decision-making to balance risk with the massive toll the lockdown is taking on the American people. While journalists can telework, millions of Americans who can’t are losing their careers and the businesses they spent a lifetime building. A prolonged economic shutdown will lead to deaths as well, in the form of increased rates of depression, substance abuse and suicide.

The Trump cure... brilliant!

How low can you go?

aint that the truth.

Fuck you.

Yes he is.

Obviously not.

Bull shit.

He knows the pigs will eat up whatever he puts into the trough

This coming from a progressive groupthink lemming like yourself is comical.

Baaa like the bitch sheep you are.

I remember.

Gotcha.

What I THINK is that more people will be dying from the flu this season than the corona virus.
What I am also noticing is your deflection to my question. Have a good day, Colfax, tired of your game

Good to hear what you think.

Here’s what I think.

Had we not instituted the dramatic restrictions we are currently undertaking, the death toll from COVID would be dramatically higher than that for influenza. Many, many, many times.

Hell, I think it’s nearly guaranteed to be greater than influenza even with dramatic restrictions.

How low can you go?

aint that the truth.

Fuck you.

Yes he is.

Obviously not.

Twats like you pretend journalists who think like you do are somehow magically neutral and fair.

If that were the case, he wouldn’t call himself a journalist.

What is an opinion journalist if not a blurring of the line of opinion and journalism?

How low can you go?
Hope and change...

You did go that low in badmouthing expressions of hope.

How low can you go?

aint that the truth.

Fuck you.

Yes he is.

Obviously not.

What is an opinion journalist if not a blurring of the line of opinion and journalism?

have you ever read the history of Journalism? Bias has always been a part of it. Look up the term "Yellow Journalism" for a bit of an education.

The concept of reporting needing to be "neutral" is a new, and quite frankly, false construct.

How low can you go?

aint that the truth.

Fuck you.

Yes he is.

Obviously not.

have you ever read the history of Journalism? Bias has always been a part of it. Look up the term "Yellow Journalism" for a bit of an education.

The concept of reporting needing to be "neutral" is a new, and quite frankly, false construct.

So basically you’re entire criticism of the media is bunk.

How low can you go?

aint that the truth.

Fuck you.

Yes he is.

Obviously not.

My criticism is they have heavy bias while pretending to be neutral.

Considering the numbers presented by the seasonal flu and those presented by the Wuhan virus, our current madness over the latter is in no way justified.
The health professionals insisted that it had to be done

trump resisted the lockdown and the panic we have now but the public is gripped by fear
The criminal professionals fiefdom has let the made up crime criminals out pf jail for some reason and will end up releasing more.
I think eventually we will see that the healthcare experts overreacted and cause the politicians to overreact

but everyone is working with incomplete information and its difficult to always know what is right

How low can you go?

aint that the truth.

Fuck you.

Yes he is.

Obviously not.

My criticism is they have heavy bias while pretending to be neutral.
The liberal news media is the lowest quality and unprofessional that I have ever experienced in my life

but I think they can get worse if they try

Forum List

Back