Should the First amendment be repealed?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I've started threads before on how many on the Left think that the right to free speech should be repealed concerning the first amendment. In fact, thanks to the influence of the Left in academia and the press about half of Americans not think so with their "safe zones" on college campuses and preventing anyone with a conservative though to speak on college a college campus.

However, the first Amendment also gives us the right to assembly, a right that we no longer have now.

So how about it Lefties? Should the first amendment be done away with, just like you think the Second Amendment should be repealed as well?

I've started threads before on how many on the Left think that the right to free speech should be repealed concerning the first amendment. In fact, thanks to the influence of the Left in academia and the press about half of Americans not think so with their "safe zones" on college campuses and preventing anyone with a conservative though to speak on college a college campus.

However, the first Amendment also gives us the right to assembly, a right that we no longer have now.

So how about it Lefties? Should the first amendment be done away with, just like you think the Second Amendment should be repealed as well?

Not necessarily repealed, but just as there are strict penalties for abusing your Second Amendment right, there should be accountability for libel, slander, propaganda, and outright lies.

Especially for the media.

Isn’t it Trump who constantly refers to the free press as “the enemy of the people.” Trumpists and Trump himself are great at projection. You constantly resort to Stalinist and authoritarian language and then attribute to others your own words. OP get some cojones. Admit that you hate the free press and want to repeal the 1st Amendment. You know you do.

Last edited:
I knew it would only be a matter of a few posts until Trump was brought into this.

Don’t be stupid. Oh wait. Too late

I knew it would only be a matter of a few posts until Trump was brought into this.

That Trump. He must be popular among the left, seeing as how he's always on their minds and they're always talking about him.
:auiqs.jpg:

That Trump. He must be popular among the left, seeing as how he's always on their minds and they're always talking about him.
:auiqs.jpg:
trump china.jpg

Isn’t it Trump who constantly refers to the free press as “the enemy of the people.” Trumpists and Trump himself are great at projection. You constantly resort to Stalinist and authoritarian language and then attribute to others your own words. OP get some cojones. Admit that you hate the free press and what to repeal the 1st Amendment. You know you do.
But Trump saying that is because we have freedom of speech. He never once indicated curbing their rights to speak.

The press lies all the time, like saying that Trump once tried to ban all Muslims from coming to the US with his travel ban. That was an outright lie that was politically motivated.

As for the press being my enemy, I will say that they are definitely not my friend.

Last edited:
Isn’t it Trump who constantly refers to the free press as “the enemy of the people.” Trumpists and Trump himself are great at projection. You constantly resort to Stalinist and authoritarian language and then attribute to others your own words. OP get some cojones. Admit that you hate the free press and what to repeal the 1st Amendment. You know you do.

The Press does everything they can to twist Trumps words every time he speaks, and you wonder why he fights back?

Progressive losers like you are the people that want to gut the 1st and 2nd amendment, not people on the right.

The Press does everything they can to twist Trumps words every time he speaks, and you wonder why he fights back?

Progressive losers like you are the people that want to gut the 1st and 2nd amendment, not people on the right.
They have been openly bias for some time. Trump is merely the first to publically call them out on it.

I assume that when Trump leaves the GOP will go back to pretending the bias does not exist again.

The press quotes Trump and snowflakes like yourself think they are twisting Trump's words. You Trumpists really are a joke.

The only loser I see on this board are Trumpers like yourself who prostrate themselves to defend every insipid comment that comes out of Trump's mouth.

The Media specialize in limiting speech. Not promoting it.

But Trump saying that is because we have freedom of speech. He never once indicated curbing their rights to speak.

The press lies all the time, like saying that Trump once tried to ban all Muslims from coming to the US with his travel ban. That was an outright lie that was politically motivated.

As for the press being my enemy, I will say that they are definitely not my friend.
Really, You think the frivolous lawsuits filed against the NYTs and other media outlets is not an attempt to bully the media into silence?

The press quotes Trump and snowflakes like yourself think they are twisting Trump's words. You Trumpists really are a joke.

The only loser I see on this board are Trumpers like yourself who prostrate themselves to defend every insipid comment that comes out of Trump's mouth.
Shill liar.

Really, You think the frivolous lawsuits filed against the NYTs and other media outlets is not an attempt to bully the media into silence?
As a result of scum like you lying and twisting things, no one will stop the media until they are stopped by violence.

As a result of scum like you lying and twisting things, no one will stop the media until they are stopped by violence.
Are you thinking of becoming the next Unibomber Mike? Of course, I suspect you will have too much trouble moving your fat ass off the couch to do much damage.

Are you thinking of becoming the next Unibomber Mike? Of course, I suspect you will have too much trouble moving your fat ass off the couch to do much damage.
No I'm not, I'm just telling what may be the result of scum like you continually lying like the media does.

Forum List

Back