Trump to join striking UAW workers....

Unions have their problems...but IMO workers need unions to counterbalance Management, Board members and Stock holders.
I say let the market dictate the wages. The UAW is basically an arm of the mafia. They hold companies hostage and force them to pay ridiculous salaries well beyond the skill level of the workers. I am not in a union, and have managed to do pretty well for myself from hard work and developing a marketable skillset. The demands from these Auto Workers will put their salaries well above the average for college grads of any major.

I am in favor of most of Trump's policies but am anti-union. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.
Don't worry. The public support of the UAW will melt away as they start refusing small offers by the companies, and Trump's support will naturally follow the public.

The 70% who supposed support the UAW can't last when no other workers in America are anywhere near equalling what their demands are asking for.

Trump's support of the UAW is not a static position that won't change as the strike develops.

The interesting question is whether Biden can stay ahead of it as it evolves?

Biden's best strategy at the moment is to try to own the support of the UAW, with qualifications.

Yuck. I know Trump is doing politics right now. It is even a pretty tactful move that will piss off the left. But still, yuck.
Trump might not know it yet but his support can easily evolve when the UAW refuse offers that any American worker would salivate over.

Have confidence. Nobody is stupid enough to not be able to make this work.

It's a gifthorse for one or the other, depending on who can own the UAW.

The companies won't be having any of your fears that Trump has gone south on them!

And before the deflection knives come out ... I'm a pro-union Republican...

...from long before President Trump came along...

Most republicans reserve their criticism of PUBLIC SECTOR unions, not the private ones.

Count me as one of those.

I say let the market dictate the wages. The UAW is basically an arm of the mafia. They hold companies hostage and force them to pay ridiculous salaries well beyond the skill level of the workers. I am not in a union, and have managed to do pretty well for myself from hard work and developing a marketable skillset. The demands from these Auto Workers will put their salaries well above the average for college grads of any major.
More of that “fuck the worker” mentality that republicans are famous for.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Always was.

What a joke. He was as anti union as any president we've ever had.

Don't worry. The public support of the UAW will melt away as they start refusing small offers by the companies, and Trump's support will naturally follow the public.

The 70% who supposed support the UAW can't last when no other workers in America are anywhere near equalling what their demands are asking for.

Trump's support of the UAW is not a static position that won't change as the strike develops.

The interesting question is whether Biden can stay ahead of it as it evolves?

Biden's best strategy at the moment is to try to own the support of the UAW, with qualifications.
Evolving is a Biden mafia investigation. This will include DOE's links (origin of SARS2) to the fact that Hunter introduced Metabiota to Burisma. The Chinese communist link at this introduction point will resonate uncomfortably in the collective Unconscious (including DOE employees) of the 2024 voting American rhizome.

'In fact, Fisker is so far behind that even the DOE has had to freeze its funding; the company has fired the few workers who had been hanging around Joe Biden's empty car plant and now suggests the Atlantic may not appear until 2015, if ever.'
(Stockman, The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America, p. 606)

The Democrats were focused on Gays, Transgenders and illegal aliens then.
More so now - so ----------
This was the biggest complaint from union rank and file that I heard as far back as 2004. That the Democrats took Union Workers for granted while focusing mainly on non-worker related goals.

A far better use of his time than attending a legacy media debate.

Hope he can do some good for both the Union members and the economy.

LMAO.. He's standing with people who make $60hr to watch their machine do all the work and playing games on their phones.
While we're paying $40K to $60K for a pick up.

What a joke. He was as anti union as any president we've ever had.
Why sure it's sort of a joke for a hard right capitalist!

But it's a slamdunk to pull off if Trump can choose the right time to turn against the UAW by claiming they want too much.

And what American wouldn't support that?

Trump may not have 'thunk' it through yet but it's going to be obvious even to him.

Smart move.

The conservative right in America won't start crying over this Trump move, as would be expected.

Forum List

Back