Trump Threatened to Derail Lombardo's Gubernatorial Race for "Denying Him"

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is not a man who cares about the Republican Party. This is a man who only cares about himself and his own ego.

It was almost midnight on the first Sunday in October. Ronna McDaniel had just settled into bed when her phone rang. It was Donald J. Trump. He was not happy.

Someone had sent the former president clips of that evening’s debate in the Nevada governor’s race. The Trump-endorsed Republican nominee, Joe Lombardo, the sheriff of Clark County, had declined to call Mr. Trump a “great” president and had backed off Mr. Trump’s stolen-election lie.

Mr. Trump fumed about withdrawing his endorsement, threatening to throw into chaos one of the nation’s most consequential swing states, a place with three competitive House races and a tossup Senate seat. Ms. McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, pleaded with the former president. She asked him for one hour to fix the situation, according to people familiar with the call.

Mr. Lombardo soon issued a statement calling Mr. Trump a “great president.” The crisis was averted. The next week, when Mr. Trump held a Nevada rally, Mr. Lombardo joined the chorus singing his praises onstage.

“The greatest president, right?” Mr. Lombardo said. “Donald J. Trump!” On Friday night, the race was called for Mr. Lombardo.

From start to finish, Mr. Trump was a recurring distraction for party leaders trying to engineer a congressional takeover. He turned the acceptance of his lie about the 2020 election into a litmus test and prized displays of loyalty over political skill, viewing the midterms mostly through the prism of what would help him. The scramble among senior Republicans to harness Mr. Trump as a force for good and not for chaos continued through the hours before Election Day, to head off a pre-election announcement of a 2024 presidential run.

This is not a man who cares about the Republican Party. This is a man who only cares about himself and his own ego.

It was almost midnight on the first Sunday in October. Ronna McDaniel had just settled into bed when her phone rang. It was Donald J. Trump. He was not happy.

Someone had sent the former president clips of that evening’s debate in the Nevada governor’s race. The Trump-endorsed Republican nominee, Joe Lombardo, the sheriff of Clark County, had declined to call Mr. Trump a “great” president and had backed off Mr. Trump’s stolen-election lie.

Mr. Trump fumed about withdrawing his endorsement, threatening to throw into chaos one of the nation’s most consequential swing states, a place with three competitive House races and a tossup Senate seat. Ms. McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, pleaded with the former president. She asked him for one hour to fix the situation, according to people familiar with the call.

Mr. Lombardo soon issued a statement calling Mr. Trump a “great president.” The crisis was averted. The next week, when Mr. Trump held a Nevada rally, Mr. Lombardo joined the chorus singing his praises onstage.

“The greatest president, right?” Mr. Lombardo said. “Donald J. Trump!” On Friday night, the race was called for Mr. Lombardo.

From start to finish, Mr. Trump was a recurring distraction for party leaders trying to engineer a congressional takeover. He turned the acceptance of his lie about the 2020 election into a litmus test and prized displays of loyalty over political skill, viewing the midterms mostly through the prism of what would help him. The scramble among senior Republicans to harness Mr. Trump as a force for good and not for chaos continued through the hours before Election Day, to head off a pre-election announcement of a 2024 presidential run.

Maybe Trump thinks he's a king.

Still in denial about Trump?
i'm not. you are. I don't see how americans can continue to support liars and cheats. See what's going on in Arizona right now. that's called cheating. You don't want to see it. You would rather continue to be the dupe of thieves in congress and senate. Your side and deep state rinos don't care about this country or americans. THAT is obvious. But you want to keep them in positions of power. YOU are the one in denial.

i'm not. you are. I don't see how americans can continue to support liars and cheats. See what's going on in Arizona right now. that's called cheating. You don't want to see it. You would rather continue to be the dupe of thieves in congress and senate. Your side and deep state rinos don't care about this country or americans. THAT is obvious. But you want to keep them in positions of power. YOU are the one in denial.
copium maga 3.jpeg

You're just ignorant about the rules for counting ballots in Arizona. Have you always believed everyone is a crook?

He also believes that every time his team loses, the refs have been bought off.

I know. Trump also believes everyone is for sale...
and everyone is either a sucker or a winner.. He's complained about being a victim of a system rigged against him for 40 years.

I don't believe that at all .... I have been offered huge bribes.. cash, worth a year's salary. When I stopped shaking I went to the authorities.

Not everyone is a cheat...

Check the rules for counting ballots in AZ.
Lol, vampire pedo lizard people wrote them. Oh, ya and a couple humans but they had giant Jewish space lasers pointing at them. This was all done as the deep state caused a scamdemic and shut down the world's economy so they could get Trump. Lol

Joe Lombardo should help derail Trump's 2024 campaign, and i'll help him myself. and anyone who feels they can contribute to Trump's political demise should join this effort, i'm calling for it right now!

Forum List

Back