Trump: There will be NO renaming military bases named after Confederate Generals

Let’s remove the Washington Monument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials too. After all, they were all disgusting racists and two were slave owners.
Outstanding idea. You have a supporter here for the two slave owners. Lincoln however could be a reminder on how you can evolve.
Thing is Lincoln never evolved. He was a disgusting racist even in his day. He had planned to deport all blacks in his second term. His wife’s family was one of the largest slave owners in KY. He offered the seceding states slavery forever in his first inaugural speech, if they stayed in the Union.

View attachment 348441

Trump should buy the Robert E. Lee statue from Virginia and erect it on the naval base in Norfolk Va. then rename the base Robert E. Lee while he signs an executive order making it clear that all Confederate veterans receive the same honors and military status as Union veterans, along with the next carrier being named the Robert E. Lee.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Why would he do that when even Lee didnt want loser and traitor statues put up anywhere to remind the hillbillys they got their asses kicked?

1591822417255.png

It's a white thing and you wouldn't understand.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Let’s remove the Washington Monument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials too. After all, they were all disgusting racists and two were slave owners.
Outstanding idea. You have a supporter here for the two slave owners. Lincoln however could be a reminder on how you can evolve.
Thing is Lincoln never evolved. He was a disgusting racist even in his day. He had planned to deport all blacks in his second term. His wife’s family was one of the largest slave owners in KY. He offered the seceding states slavery forever in his first inaugural speech, if they stayed in the Union.
He couldnt have been too much of a racist towards the end. He and Frederick Douglass were friends. Douglass became the first Black person to be invited to the WH under Lincoln.

View attachment 348441

Trump should buy the Robert E. Lee statue from Virginia and erect it on the naval base in Norfolk Va. then rename the base Robert E. Lee while he signs an executive order making it clear that all Confederate veterans receive the same honors and military status as Union veterans, along with the next carrier being named the Robert E. Lee.

*****SMILE*****

Traitor says what?!?

Lee sucked as a general.

“History of winning” :lol:

8EB57FF8-E3A0-4E1F-B83E-1980F0760544.jpeg

View attachment 348441

*****SMILE*****

Why would he do that when even Lee didnt want loser and traitor statues put up anywhere to remind the hillbillys they got their asses kicked?

View attachment 348447

*****CHUCKLE*****

Can you explain to me why white people would want a memorial to an ass beating that was handed out by the Black men they wished to enslave? Lee had it right. Why fucking embarrass yourself further? Are you saying white people like being losers and traitors?

One can remove the statues, names, references to civil war leaders, however the stain of history can not be erased. The ability of a country to overcome the deficiencies, hypocrisy, fight a long protracted bloody war and yet reunite to become what we are today is a testament to the Great American Experience.

View attachment 348441

*****SMILE*****

Traitor says what?!?

Lee sucked as a general.

“History of winning” :lol:

View attachment 348450

1591822757084.png

Yes he was a traitor to the Confederacy and saved lives by defying Jefferson Davis and surrendering.

*****SMILE*****

Let the leftist's tears flow. Good news is rare but welcomed.

Why would our tears flow? He's doing it to curry favor with the black vote. Pure political expedience. Otherwise, if he had his druthers, he'd have no problem naming a base after one.
Not going to applaud him either. Why would I applaud a broken clock? It's right twice a day....but still wrong the rest of the time. :)

There's nothing wrong with naming a military base after a dead Confederate soldier, "This is the guy we conquered 155 years ago." I think the same thing when I see other Civil War monuments in the Southern U.S. to this day. It's history. Whichever side of the war they were on, it's all part of our unique American heritage. Don't throw it away.

The Confederate plantation owners were slavers up until the Emancipation Proclamation; now the same farms employ Hispanics rather than blacks, but it's the same thing, because the Fed brags up our "non-farm payroll" economy while all our farms and plantations continue to employ slave labor and illegal migrant labor (on an under-the-table contract basis) to this day.

The Union was corrupt as well with the Chicago Mob, Al Capone and his underbosses, the railroad unions, the carpetbaggers, put all that together, they were just as evil as the Southern slavers.

Can you explain to me why white people would want a memorial to an ass beating that was handed out by the Black men they wished to enslave? Lee had it right. Why fucking embarrass yourself further? Are you saying white people like being losers and traitors?

1591822889990.png

*****CHUCKLE*****

I wonder when rabble will try to deface Stone Mountain?
I visited Stone Mountain about 4 years ago. ... :cool:
The was a lot of black families having piknicks and riding the rides.
Also most of the concession stands and rides where ran by black people.
Everybody seemed to be having a good time and not bothered by the carvings of the Confederate generals.

Guess he is really getting desperate for the Black vote.

I think you've got the headline twisted a bit. Might want to read the article.
I did read the article. Drumpf says he is not going to do it. Dog whistle to the racists and blatant appeal to the Black vote.

He said he won't rename bases already named for Confederate generals such as Ft. Bragg, Ft. Benning and Ft. Hood. I don't understand how that appeals to a majority of blacks, but your mileage may vary.

Forum List

Back