Trump takes aim at Scientology tax exemption !

And the NFL is listed as a non profit! Anybody care to guess how many hundreds of millions go into the black hole yearly?

Yep, and all those lobbyist will once again convince members of congress to screw the wage earner and give breaks to Corporations and Institutions and special interests who donate to their reelection campaign.
I have no objection to going after tax cheats. And I think college football players should get healthcare via the college!

I think college athletes need to get paid a % of the revenue collected at Football and Basketball games. Since only family and friends go to our baseball games and other minor sports it should be spread out on an equal basis to all performers - male and female - in every sport. Same thing for performers in the arts.

Most of them get a free ride at the school and get to take special classes so not to bog them down as they play football at school..

But as the far left shows they want things that their religion will not support!
It's not a free ride when you blow out a knee and get booted. Then it's a burn and dispose. Schools should cover football related injury costs AND re training. They promised to educate them and they should have to keep that promise.

Well you think that those that run these universities would take care these people and give them free healthcare. Many o fthem support and vote for such things, but in practice they do not care.

Maybe the college sports teams should have a union to represent them.

Back to topic . Those Scientology guys are tenacious . They annoyed there way to tax exempt status .

Yes the far left religion that you support is far worse, but you do not seem to care about that!

Hey Kosh, please define in detail "far left". Using the phrase three times in a row strongly suggest you can do so. Define it or STFU.

You are far left and this has been done many, many times. You did not get it years ago and you prove that you do not want to understand!

Obama is far left, but only a far left drone would not see that!

You support the far left religion without question or hesitation.

You claim you want certain things, yet you vote for the far left which would never do those things.

If you can not understand how far to the left you are, that is on you and no one else!

Obama retained the Patriot Act, didn’t close Gitmo, and killed terrorists without trial. Hardly leftwing at all. Very hard right wing positions on immigration, deporting more illegals and at a faster pace than Donald is doing now.

The only truly left wing positions he took was the regulate Wall Street and pass the Affordable Care Act. Every thing else was centre right or right wing.

You’re supporting Roy Moore’s candidacy despite him being a totally unsuitable candidate both morally and constitutionally. His failure to abide by the laws of the Country, despite his sworn duty to do so, shows an utter lack of integrity.

His job is not to decide what laws he will or will not obey any more than you or I can. And less so because he promised God and Country he would uphold State and Federal laws, in accordance with the Constitution of the United States and he has violated that oath on numerous occasions.

Judges are not permitted to decide they don’t like a law and just stop obeying or enforcing it. Or that it They’re going to decide cases not on the State or Federal laws, but rather their Sunday School teachings.

No. Moore is incapable of serving in the Senate. He has broken his vow to uphold the Constitution too many times to count. This is not yet a theocracy.

No you far left drones did not care that Obama did such things!

There was zero outrage on the illegal wars of Obama from you far left drones!

That is the point I am making, you do not care about these things until your far left rich white masters tell you to care.

And despite all the religious narratives about any (R) being a war monger, you voted for a war monger twice and did not even care that you did it.

So do not pretend that you really care about such things.

Yes Obama is and will always be far left.

Far left judges like to legislate from the bench, the role of scotus is to decide if something is constructional or not, it if it is not it is up to Congress (not the activist judges) to rewrite the law.

But the far left proves they do not underrated how the government is supposed to work.

To the far left the US Constitution is just a GD piece of paper!

Obama was not fit to be president based on your own interpretations of what is a qualifier, but you drones voted for him twice.

What happened to “freedom of religion”. I guess it’s OK to believe what you want as long as you’re a Christian but if you’re not, if you’re a Muslim, or a Scientologist or some other fringe religion, your beliefs don’t matter.

When you start saying one religion gets special favours over another, or is subject to special scrutiny like “extreme vetting” then you don’t have freedom of religion. The US was founded by Puritans seeking to escape religious persecution and now Donald Trump is re-introducing the idea that it is acceptable to persecute Jews, Muslims and now Scientologists, in the US.

Scientology is not a religion.

Yeah it is. It a scam and a cult but it is a religion. I don’t think “prosperity Christians” like Joel Osteen should have a tax exempt status either but as long as they’re not doing blood sacrifice or sexually abusing children, I guess were OK with it.

Oh wait - Catholics and Warren Jeffs and friends, and Witnesses. Scratch the abusing children part. Just no blood sacrifice.

No, it is a business that calls itself a religion.

Calling it a business is being generous. At best it is a pyramid scheme.

It is amazes they've been able to stay in business with so few "members".

Last edited:
Back to topic . Those Scientology guys are tenacious . They annoyed there way to tax exempt status .

Yes the far left religion that you support is far worse, but you do not seem to care about that!

Hey Kosh, please define in detail "far left". Using the phrase three times in a row strongly suggest you can do so. Define it or STFU.

You are far left and this has been done many, many times. You did not get it years ago and you prove that you do not want to understand!

You claim you want certain things, yet you vote for the far left which would never do those things.

If you can not understand how far to the left you are, that is on you and no one else!

You're begging the question, i.e. "The fallacy of begging the question occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it. In other words, you assume without proof the stand/position, or a significant part of the stand, that is in question. Begging the question is also called arguing in a circle."

You use the word but cannot define it, which suggests you could never pass English 101 in any University, and have never taken logic 101. Your post strongly suggests you simply echo other's reasoning errors.

Yep, and all those lobbyist will once again convince members of congress to screw the wage earner and give breaks to Corporations and Institutions and special interests who donate to their reelection campaign.
I have no objection to going after tax cheats. And I think college football players should get healthcare via the college!

I think college athletes need to get paid a % of the revenue collected at Football and Basketball games. Since only family and friends go to our baseball games and other minor sports it should be spread out on an equal basis to all performers - male and female - in every sport. Same thing for performers in the arts.

Most of them get a free ride at the school and get to take special classes so not to bog them down as they play football at school..

But as the far left shows they want things that their religion will not support!
It's not a free ride when you blow out a knee and get booted. Then it's a burn and dispose. Schools should cover football related injury costs AND re training. They promised to educate them and they should have to keep that promise.

Well you think that those that run these universities would take care these people and give them free healthcare. Many o fthem support and vote for such things, but in practice they do not care.

Even high schools carries secondary health insurance for an injury sustained in games, practice and/or conditioning. Maybe you ought to do some research before you expose your ignorance.

You're begging the question, i.e. "The fallacy of begging the question occurs when an argument's premises assume the truth of the conclusion, instead of supporting it. In other words, you assume without proof the stand/position, or a significant part of the stand, that is in question. Begging the question is also called arguing in a circle."

You use the word but cannot define it, which suggests you could never pass English 101 in any University, and have never taken logic 101. Your post strongly suggests you simply echo other's reasoning errors.

It has been defined many times before, you just choose to pretend we have not had this go around before..

You are a far left drone, you support the far left religion without hesitation or question.

If you can not see that you are far left, then that is on you.

Just leans you will even lie to yourself, which means you will to protect your religion at all costs!

Even high schools carries secondary health insurance for an injury sustained in games, practice and/or conditioning. Maybe you ought to do some research before you expose your ignorance.

See how the far left is irony impaired.

They have nothing in reality to back up their religious dogma.

But they love to attack and miss by light years.

Here you go far left drone, this is from the far left NYtimes:

A Fight to Keep College Athletes From the Pain of Injury Costs

Please come back when you get a clue about reality!

And the NFL is listed as a non profit! Anybody care to guess how many hundreds of millions go into the black hole yearly?

Without the athletic scholarships, the players are discarded. No help in making up lost time, until that injury ended it. It may be changing but colleges used to back out easy.

The smart and fair thing to do would be to remove tax exemption for all religions.

Who are any of us to say Scientology is "not a religion"? Of course it is.

See how the far left is irony impaired.

They have nothing in reality to back up their religious dogma.

But they love to attack and miss by light years.

Here you go far left drone, this is from the far left NYtimes:

A Fight to Keep College Athletes From the Pain of Injury Costs

Please come back when you get a clue about reality!

I played, and never suffered any major injuries, though today I have arthritis in my elbow, shoulder and both knees.

The smart and fair thing to do would be to remove tax exemption for all religions.

I think there is a good reason to keep churches tax exempt, because it maintains separation of church and state. The law currently is that these churches cannot promote politicians, although its poorly enforced. If churches are taxed, then politics would become inseparable from religion. Keep the separation of church and state, keep churches out of business activity (or tax it as such), and keep churches out of politics.

But about Scientology: nobody in there considers this a religion, its an "applied philosophy" all about pumping up your ego. They only give a "shore story" about them being a region for tax exempt purpose. All of Scientology is a "shore story", Hubbard was a liar and a crank. But its a great story on the importance of family and the love that goes with that, because its completely absent in Scientology. Taxation is difficult because legal definition of religion.

Far left is a religion ? Awesome! I am now a far left priest and claim tax exempt status !

I think there is a good reason to keep churches tax exempt, because it maintains separation of church and state. The law currently is that these churches cannot promote politicians, although its poorly enforced. If churches are taxed, then politics would become inseparable from religion. Keep the separation of church and state, keep churches out of business activity (or tax it as such), and keep churches out of politics.

But about Scientology: nobody in there considers this a religion, its an "applied philosophy" all about pumping up your ego. They only give a "shore story" about them being a region for tax exempt purpose. All of Scientology is a "shore story", Hubbard was a liar and a crank. But its a great story on the importance of family and the love that goes with that, because its completely absent in Scientology. Taxation is difficult because legal definition of religion.

The Republican Party is already a religious institution, and has been since Roe v. Wade in 1973. Since then the GOP has opposed abortion and thus garnered the vote of evangelicals and other Christian Sects, making promises to end the procedure which they have never done. When in power the topic is rarely discussed, when the D's are in power, it is a very big deal. Same goes for the debt, false pathos and false promises go hand in hand with the Republican Party.

Obama retained the Patriot Act, didn’t close Gitmo, and killed terrorists without trial. Hardly leftwing at all. Very hard right wing positions on immigration, deporting more illegals and at a faster pace than Donald is doing now.

The only truly left wing positions he took was to regulate Wall Street and pass the Affordable Care Act. Every thing else was centre right or right wing.

You’re supporting Roy Moore’s candidacy despite him being a totally unsuitable candidate both morally and constitutionally. His failure to abide by the laws of the country, despite his sworn duty to do so, shows an utter lack of integrity.

His job is not to decide what laws he will or will not obey any more than you or I can. And less so because he promised God and Country he would uphold State and Federal laws in accordance with the Constitution of the United States. He has violated that oath on numerous occasions.

Judges are not permitted to decide they don’t like a law and just stop obeying or enforcing it. Or that they’re going to decide cases not on the State or Federal laws, but rather their Sunday School teachings.

No. Moore is incapable of serving in the Senate. He has broken his vow to uphold the Constitution too many times to count. This is not yet a theocracy.

He tried to close gitmo but couldn’t because congress passed a law .

Righties can never answer the debt question. Which is a talking point y’all ran on! So what are you doing to lower it?

It's funny you should mention Gitmo. Scientology has it's own version of Gitmo in Hemet CA.

Forum List

Back