Trump paid less in taxes than a household that makes 20k per year

Why would I know that? Do you just assume I defend democrats regardless of what they actually do? I don’t. I don’t blindly defend them like you do republicans Yep, they failed to make the wealthy pay their fair share.
well here, let me ask you a simple question, did Al Sharpton avoid paying taxes, yes or no?

really?

The employer submits the 1099 for IRS comparison to the 1099 recipient and his/her return.

Now, ifd you receive a 1099 it means during the course of the year, you earned at least 600 a year with that business. If you do not file quarterly, you will be penalized and charge interest for money earned each quarter prior to the fourth quarter.

You actually called me a moron in the same sentence where you said you don't file the 1099. You are required to do so by law as a recipient of the 1099.

LMAo ...and you called me a moron.

Classic.
Or you might get a 1099 because you earned money from investments. Doesn't mean you liquidated they money, so it isn't earned income until you exercise the investment.
- there are 21 types of 1099 tax forms.

well here, let me ask you a simple question, did Al Sharpton avoid paying taxes, yes or no?
I don’t know. Maybe. I don’t give a shit about Sharpton. I don’t mindlessly, knee jerk defend any democrat like you do with republicans.

No, you don't. You fell for a hoax.
I fell for a hoax?

I have owned on run a dozen companies. I have had partners, accounting advisors and experienced a number of audits with nothing found to be askew.

But you...a poster on some message board knows better. Cool.

Let me put it his way...

The statutory cost of an employee is about 15% of their annual income. This includes insurance contribution by the employer as well as payroll tax which, by definition (not skewed by politics), is what an emploer pays in addition to the gross pay of the employee.

Now...that 15% is based on my experience in NY and it may be different elsewhere.

But if I pay an employee 100K, he/she will cost me 115K ro carry.

That is how it works.

I don’t know. Maybe. I don’t give a shit about Sharpton. I don’t mindlessly, knee jerk defend any democrat like you do with republicans.
that's exactly what a sheeple would say rather than being honest that ole Al avoided paying his taxes. How can one debate with someone like you who ignores basic facts? It isn't achievable to have an honest discussion and it isn't who you are.

Let's just call a fact a fact. Here's the info on ole Al.

that's exactly what a sheeple would say rather than being honest that ole Al avoided paying his taxes. How can one debate with someone like you who ignores basic facts? It isn't achievable to have an honest discussion and it isn't who you are.

Let's just call a fact a fact. Here's the info on ole Al.

Lol okay he didn’t pay taxes. Are we done?

You're higgling about stuff minutia that doesn't matter. That's because you know you are wrong.
in other words....you dont have any way to refute what I said so instead you chose to claim it is irrelevant

Cool debate. Well done sparkey

Let this be a lesson in tax politics. The wealthy and corporations are not “taxed enough already” because they do not pay the OFFICIAL tax rate. They pay an EFFECTIVE tax rate.

Trump paid $716 in federal taxes in 2016 and 2017. The average 20k household plays more than $800. Those making between 50k and 75k pay an average of 5k in taxes.

“Real estate offers some unique tax advantages, mainly the ability to write off depreciation against income. It’s common for a real estate investor to show a loss on their income tax return while receiving positive cash flow for the year.

Fractional real estate investors also receive similar benefits. The investment platform Arrived Homes, known for letting investors buy shares of rental properties with as little as $100, paid out $47,000 in dividends to investors in 2021, but only about $2,800 was considered taxable income. The rest was nontaxable return of principal.

That means Arrived Homes investors collectively only needed to report $2,800 in taxable income, despite receiving $47,000 in dividends. Arrived Homes has already paid out $303,000 in dividends so far in 2022 and investors will likely get another nice break come tax time next year.

Another likely reason for Trump’s low tax bills is the use of a tax loss carryforward. Companies such as The Trump Organization can carry losses over from one year to offset taxes in subsequent years. Trump used this strategy after realizing nearly $1 billion in losses in the early 1990s. He was able to carry those losses over each year until 2005.”

Well now we know what Trump and his base have in common

Well now we know what Trump and his base have in common
they follow tax law? how about ole Al here?

/----/ Yeah, I understand. I worked for Fortune 50 companies that explained our true compensation at every yearly review. Here's a calculator. Put in your salary and comps and see your true cost to your employer.
No offense....but I had a shoulder pain and went on the internet and told I likely had bone cancer. I went to the orthopedist and he showed me my MRI and it appeared I had serious shoulder issues form my collegiate athletic days back in the late 70's.

When I went on the internet to find out why I had an unbelievable itch on my upper torso, most sites told me I had a virus that can kill me within days.

Wound up it was the result of compressed vertebrae from my dumbass college athletic days.

As for your site that you picked out of a hat....let me put it this way....

Experience trumps blind advice. I have the experience, you have a website with a Lebron James advertisement.

Employees, in NYS, up until 6 years ago cost employers 15 % of their annual income. Not sure what the numbers are now as I am retired and in SC.

All the more reason to rewrite the tax code completely and get it down to 5 pages.

That I indeed support. Too bad rightwingers don't want to, they just want to squat for free and make 'everybody else' pay.

I fell for a hoax?

I have owned on run a dozen companies. I have had partners, accounting advisors and experienced a number of audits with nothing found to be askew.

But you...a poster on some message board knows better. Cool.

Let me put it his way...

The statutory cost of an employee is about 15% of their annual income. This includes insurance contribution by the employer as well as payroll tax which, by definition (not skewed by politics), is what an emploer pays in addition to the gross pay of the employee.

Now...that 15% is based on my experience in NY and it may be different elsewhere.

But if I pay an employee 100K, he/she will cost me 115K ro carry.

That is how it works.
Yes, that's how it works. Where you go wrong is in believing that additional 15% comes out of your pocket rather than the employee's. That's a hoax the government likes to cultivate.

No, it isn't; you just like to pretend all those deductions and shelters don't exist for some reason, even though we know Republicans promite them all the time, it's their core business.
It's actually Democrats who promote the deductions, moron. Remember, it was Reagan, a Republican, who got rid of them all.

Forum List

Back