Trump Orders Hospitals To Bypass Covid Data To CDC So His People See Then Numbers First

The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and, beginning on Wednesday, send all coronavirus patient information to a central database in Washington — a move that has alarmed public health experts who fear the data will be distorted for political gain.

The new instructions are contained in a little-noticed document posted this week on the Department of Health and Human Services’ website, Sheryl Gay Stolberg reports. From now on, H.H.S., and not the C.D.C., will collect daily reports about the patients that each hospital is treating, how many beds and ventilators are available, and other information vital to tracking the pandemic.

For perfectly innocent reasons I'm sure.
Great, now we will have even less reliable information.

Because the data will initially go to a government agency Trump controls instead of another government agency Trump controls?
I think Trump may not feel like he has sufficient control of the CDC. The CDC isn’t run by his political appointees.

So you are saying the Executive shouldn't have control of Executive agencies?

Un-elected civil servants should be able to override an elected official?
Depends. Say a president tells the executive agency to lie about the data.

Im not okay with that.

You would be OK with it if a Democrat was doing it, you dime store hack-twat.

You’re attacking me based on an accusation that you fabricated.

That’s pretty weak sauce.

No, I would not be okay with that. Would you be okay with it?

Based on your partisan hackery posting.

So you just made something up to use against me. Cool. As long as we are both clear, there’s nothing true about your post. Just your own imagination.

So would you be okay with Trump telling the HHS to lie about statistics? Obviously not. You’re not an idiot. However, this contradicts your other assertion that executives should be in charge of executive agencies. My point is that their power shouldn’t be unlimited. That’s what happens in screwed up countries that we typically look down on. This is a hypothetical scenario, just a thought experiment, but we have seen Trump’s admin trending down this road with his statements on hurricane Dorian for example.

Not made up, based on my observation of your posting.

is releasing selective information lying? have other administrations in the past done the same thing without people like you caring about it?

All power in the Executive branch flows from the elected President. What you want is Bureaucrats to be able to override the elected president because you don't like him.

In the partisan feeding-frenzy after my comment the main point I was making has been proven to be right over and over and over.....both political parties / opponents have been manipulating the shit out of the numbers to use them as both weapons and justification for their actions.

The 'small picture' is COVID-19. The larger picture is that partisans /politicians are manipulating Americans into arguing with each other over whose politicians are the biggest liars and criminals instead of holding them equally reliable while realizing there is only 1 truth - not liberal truth versus conservative truth - and neither party is any good at telling only that 1 and only truth.

Thanks for the assist, guys.

Fake. Fake. Fakefakefake.

No, it's not you stupid fucking asshole.
TrumpTards are ruining this country.

Even FOX is reporting the story.

Trump HHS tells hospitals to send COVID-19 data to ...
www.usatoday.com › story › news › health › 2020/07/15

3 hours ago - The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the CDC and send all COVID-19 patient information to Washington starting ...
Trump Administration Strips CDC of Control of Coronavirus Data
www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics

19 hours ago - Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database ...
Trump administration orders hospitals to bypass CDC in ...
www.cbsnews.com › news › coronavirus-data-cdc-hosp...

1 hour ago - The White House Coronavirus Task Force is instructing hospitals to submit COVID data to the Health and Human Services Department instead, ...
Trump Administration To Hospitals: Don't Send Covid-19 ...
www.forbes.com › sites › brucelee › 2020/07/14 › tru...

16 hours ago - Why is the White House bypassing the CDC? And what about the reports of using The National Guard to collect hospitalization data instead of ...
Coronavirus hospital data will now be sent to Trump ...
www.cnn.com › 2020/07/14 › politics › trump-administra...

4 hours ago - Hospital data on coronavirus patients will now be rerouted to the Trump administration instead of first being sent to the US Centers for Disease ...

FOX23 is a local affiliate, not "FOX". Notice they use the same NYT story as a reference.

Besides, FOX isn't the end-all these days, being run now by Progressives.

All power in the Executive branch flows from the elected President. What you want is Bureaucrats to be able to override the elected president because you don't like him.
Ah, the unitary executive theory. I have problems with that. Big problems when you take it to extremes, which we seem to be swaying over to.

I want bureaucrats to override the elected president when they’re pulling politically motivated corrupt bullshit. For example, if a president wanted to lie to the public about COVID, I’d want that bureaucrat to defend the truth, which would be in the public interest. Tell me how I’m wrong if you disagree.

Ah, the unitary executive theory. I have problems with that. Big problems when you take it to extremes, which we seem to be swaying over to.

I want bureaucrats to override the elected president when they’re pulling politically motivated corrupt bullshit. For example, if a president wanted to lie to the public about COVID, I’d want that bureaucrat to defend the truth, which would be in the public interest. Tell me how I’m wrong if you disagree.

So you want unaccountable people to override someone accountable to the voters?

The counter to the president is the Legislature and the Judiciary, not some internal bean counter who thinks what he is doing is "right"

The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and, beginning on Wednesday, send all coronavirus patient information to a central database in Washington — a move that has alarmed public health experts who fear the data will be distorted for political gain.

The new instructions are contained in a little-noticed document posted this week on the Department of Health and Human Services’ website, Sheryl Gay Stolberg reports. From now on, H.H.S., and not the C.D.C., will collect daily reports about the patients that each hospital is treating, how many beds and ventilators are available, and other information vital to tracking the pandemic.

Because the data will initially go to a government agency Trump controls instead of another government agency Trump controls?
I think Trump may not feel like he has sufficient control of the CDC. The CDC isn’t run by his political appointees.

Im not okay with that.

That's his usual MO. Build a straw man and try to clobber you with it. Fortunately straw men aren't very cohesive and his are even less so.

Im not okay with that.

So you just made something up to use against me. Cool. As long as we are both clear, there’s nothing true about your post. Just your own imagination.

So would you be okay with Trump telling the HHS to lie about statistics? Obviously not. You’re not an idiot. However, this contradicts your other assertion that executives should be in charge of executive agencies. My point is that their power shouldn’t be unlimited. That’s what happens in screwed up countries that we typically look down on. This is a hypothetical scenario, just a thought experiment, but we have seen Trump’s admin trending down this road with his statements on hurricane Dorian for example.

is releasing selective information lying? have other administrations in the past done the same thing without people like you caring about it?

Ooops......

Trump says he is the 'most transparent president' in US history

Im not okay with that.

Ooops......

You didn't respond to my questions/statements.

3 hours ago - The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the CDC and send all COVID-19 patient information to Washington starting ...

19 hours ago - Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database ...

1 hour ago - The White House Coronavirus Task Force is instructing hospitals to submit COVID data to the Health and Human Services Department instead, ...

16 hours ago - Why is the White House bypassing the CDC? And what about the reports of using The National Guard to collect hospitalization data instead of ...

4 hours ago - Hospital data on coronavirus patients will now be rerouted to the Trump administration instead of first being sent to the US Centers for Disease ...

FOX23 is a local affiliate, not "FOX". Notice they use the same NYT story as a reference.

LOL....Fox quoting the NYT.

Fox is run by progressives????
Is that why Hannity, Graham, Carlson and Judge Pirro are still on every night?

Nice try, Sparky. The story is true.

Im not okay with that.

Ooops......

I addressed your stupidity: "....is releasing selective information lying?"

Im not okay with that.

Ooops......

I addressed your stupidity: "....is releasing selective information lying?"

Is it?

The counter to the president is the Legislature and the Judiciary, not some internal bean counter who thinks what he is doing is "right"
It’s not like the “bean counter” is launching missiles at Iran. I’m talking about stopping the president from lying to the public.

You’re going to have to come up with a good excuse as to why a “bean counter” shouldn’t be able to speak the truth.

It’s not like the “bean counter” is launching missiles at Iran. I’m talking about stopping the president from lying to the public.

You’re going to have to come up with a good excuse as to why a “bean counter” shouldn’t be able to speak the truth.

You idiots have re-defined lying to mean things you don't like.

And said bean counters are not there to define policy, that is the scope of the elected officials and their political appointments.

And said bean counters are not there to define policy, that is the scope of the elected officials and their political appointments.
And if the policy is to agree with whatever lies come out of Trump’s mouth, I have a problem with that. We don’t live in totalitarian state where the president defines truth.

I’m still not seeing a compelling argument against refusing to let the bean counters tell the American people truth.

LOL....Fox quoting the NYT.

Fox is run by progressives????

They are, yes.

Is that why Hannity, Graham, Carlson and Judge Pirro are still on every night?

No, they are still on every night because they are the ones who keep the ratings in the stratosphere. They were there before Daddy turned the operation over to his two pumpkins, and I'm sure the pumpkins won't bite the hand that feeds them.

Look what happened to Shepard Smith when he pissed Hannity off. :auiqs.jpg:

Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit!

UP YOURS. The CDC's complicity in supporting the city's position that Flint's water was fine was not only documented in the link I gave, but in numerous other reports on the matter, including an hour long documentary on the subject aired on PBS a few months back.

The ONLY reason why that water ever got seriously looked at and fixed was because a few private residents fought big government kicking and screaming all the way.

And if the policy is to agree with whatever lies come out of Trump’s mouth, I have a problem with that. We don’t live in totalitarian state where the president defines truth.

I’m still not seeing a compelling argument against refusing to let the bean counters tell the American people truth.

They don't get to set policy. The President gets to set policy.

The CDC's complicity in supporting the city's position that Flint's water was fine was not only documented in the link I gave,
You haven’t provided a link.

They'll need to go into another reality so conspiratorial it can't be spoken aloud to keep from sounding insane! The thing is Trump leads the way in that diagnosis and his fans don't seem to GAF; even if it means their own lives and the welfare of their fk'n kids! Gawd, Republicans are fk'd up in the head! They're dropping like flies in FLA and TX and they're still following the lead of the "Flat Earth Society!" Thank Gawd I told people they couldn't pay me enough to work in either state! The leadership chosen shows something's wrong in side their "membranes!" :dunno:

They don't get to set policy. The President gets to set policy.

Even if that policy is to lie to the American people to protect the president?

Forum List

Back