Trump, Minorities, the GOP and the Art of the Sale

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I'm sure as hell no fan of Trump, but I give him serious credit for his "what have you got to lose" speech.

Unlike the rest of the GOP for the last few decades, at least he tried.

At least he understands that, if your prospect is being sold to by your competition, you'd better get to selling, too. And ask any successful salesperson: In order to get a "yes" from your prospect, you have to effectively provide them with a strong, clear list of "features & benefits" to choosing your brand. You can't just stand there and expect them to flock to you.

The GOP's argument has long been "we're for everyone, we're not going to target specific groups". And while I can certainly understand that argument, it just ain't good enough, particularly when you have competition who has long since conditioned that group to respond to precisely the opposite stimuli.

Don't want direct, clear, aggressive, specific outreach to Blacks and Hispanics/Latinos? Fine, your call. Just don't bitch and moan when the GOP is reduced to a regional party by the oncoming demographic tidal wave.

Don't want direct, clear, aggressive, specific outreach to Blacks and Hispanics/Latinos? Fine, your call. Just don't bitch and moan when the GOP is reduced to a regional party by the oncoming demographic tidal wave.
Typically, you believe the GOP can only be correct when they act like Democrats. Blacks, women, gays, hispanics, etc. are all just people. It's the Democrats that divide us by sub-categories.

Of course Trump should go to where they are but should offer anybody special favors for votes.

Typically, you believe the GOP can only be correct when they act like Democrats. Blacks, women, gays, hispanics, etc. are all just people. It's the Democrats that divide us by sub-categories.

Of course Trump should go to where they are but should offer anybody special favors for votes.
Where, precisely, did I mention "special favors"?

Is this really that complicated?

Trump's play at 'outreach' was laughable and there is no question that Blacks laughed it off and thumbed their noses at it.

Easily seen for what it was .. a message to white people that Trump was not racist .. a message to black people that he thinks we all live in poverty.

Again, the good news is that republican hate and racism has killed the Republican Party. :0) Soon time to celebrate the end of the party of racism.

Last edited:

Trump's play at 'outreach' was laughable and there is no question that Blacks laughed it off an thumbed their noses at it.

Easily seen for what it was .. a message to white people that Trump was not racist .. a message to black people that he thinks we all live in poverty.

Again, the good news is that republican hate and racism has killed the Republican Party. :0) Soon time to celebrate the end of the party of racism.
Frankly, I'd hate to see that happen. The country needs & deserves two strong national parties.

The GOP just remains stuck in this denial of theirs. Trump's "outreach", as characteristically ham-handed as it was, was at least an effort.

Trump's play at 'outreach' was laughable and there is no question that Blacks laughed it off an thumbed their noses at it.

Frankly, I'd hate to see that happen. The country needs & deserves two strong national parties.

The GOP just remains stuck in this denial of theirs. Trump's "outreach", as characteristically ham-handed as it was, was at least an effort.

His outreach was self-serving and offensive. The audience was mostly white .. and it was to them he was speaking.

The Republican Party slit it's own throat and will die from its own self-inflicted cancer of racism.

Perhaps another party will arise .. perhaps republicans can remake themselves and get rid of their racist base .. perhaps another party will arise .. but the Republican Party of today is dead .. and good riddance.

His outreach was self-serving and offensive. The audience was mostly white .. and it was to them he was speaking.

The Republican Party slit it's own throat and will die from its own self-inflicted cancer of racism.

Perhaps another party will arise .. perhaps republicans can remake themselves and get rid of their racist base .. perhaps another party will arise .. but the Republican Party of today is dead .. and good riddance.
What GOP racism? What special need do you have due to your skin color and how do you figure the ones using it aren't the racists?

In 2006 and 2008 Democratic voters made the same claim and in 2010 the GOP took the House and the Senate fell in 2014, so let not write the obituary as of yet...

In 2006 and 2008 Democratic voters made the same claim and in 2010 the GOP took the House and the Senate fell in 2014, so let not write the obituary as of yet...

I wasn't one of those. What's happened to the Republican Party today is undeniable.

The demographics no longer add up .. and it's only going to get worse for them.

What GOP racism? What special need do you have due to your skin color and how do you figure the ones using it aren't the racists?

If you don't see the problem, don't worry about it .. but a lot smarter conservatives then you see exactly what the problem is.

I wasn't one of those. What's happened to the Republican Party today is undeniable.

Unless blacks get tired of serving their Democrat masters.

If you don't see the problem, don't worry about it .. but a lot smarter conservatives then you see exactly what the problem is.
You can't answer the questions so the problem is all on you.

Unless blacks get tired of serving their Democrat masters.

:0) You just illuminated why the Republican Party will disappear as a mainstream party.

I can answer any question you pose .. but it's said much better here ..

FiveThirtyEight: The End of the Republican Party

The End Of A Republican Party

The GOP will retain the House but might lose the Senate and will lose the bid for the Oval Office, but they're not dead by a long shot and to claim they are is naive as can be.

You might not have been one of those fools in 2006 and 2008 but it should be a lesson just like those that thought the GOP was dead after the Great Depression happen, and yet it survived and will keep on surviving for many years from now...

I can answer any problem you pose .. but it's said much better here ..

That's a smokescreen. Intellectually lazy/stupid. You can't even begin to back up your shit.

The GOP will retain the House but might lose the Senate and will lose the bid for the Oval Office, but they're not dead by a long shot and to claim they are is naive as can be.

You might not have been one of those fools in 2006 and 2008 but it should be a lesson just like those that thought the GOP was dead after the Great Depression happen, and yet it survived and will keep on surviving for many years from now...

The demographics no longer add up. The Republican Party is essentially all white in an evolving society.

They will lose the White House and Senate .. giving the Supreme Court to Hillary Clinton and democrats. Clinton will nominate up to 4 new Justices .. possibly Obama.

Many southern states are becoming majority-minority and only getting browner.

The only way the party survives is by completely remaking themselves .. which I don't think is even possible given its racist base.

I can answer any problem you pose .. but it's said much better here ..

That's a smokescreen. Intellectually lazy/stupid. You can't even begin to back up your shit.

Then don't worry about it moron. :0) Keep pretending Trump is going to win.

Forum List

Back