Trump, Minorities, the GOP and the Art of the Sale

Frankly, I'd hate to see that happen. The country needs & deserves two strong national parties.

The GOP just remains stuck in this denial of theirs. Trump's "outreach", as characteristically ham-handed as it was, was at least an effort.

His outreach was self-serving and offensive. The audience was mostly white .. and it was to them he was speaking.

The Republican Party slit it's own throat and will die from its own self-inflicted cancer of racism.

Perhaps another party will arise .. perhaps republicans can remake themselves and get rid of their racist base .. perhaps another party will arise .. but the Republican Party of today is dead .. and good riddance.

In 2006 and 2008 Democratic voters made the same claim and in 2010 the GOP took the House and the Senate fell in 2014, so let not write the obituary as of yet...

I wasn't one of those. What's happened to the Republican Party today is undeniable.

The demographics no longer add up .. and it's only going to get worse for them.

The GOP will retain the House but might lose the Senate and will lose the bid for the Oval Office, but they're not dead by a long shot and to claim they are is naive as can be.

You might not have been one of those fools in 2006 and 2008 but it should be a lesson just like those that thought the GOP was dead after the Great Depression happen, and yet it survived and will keep on surviving for many years from now...

The demographics no longer add up. The Republican Party is essentially all white in an evolving society.

They will lose the White House and Senate .. giving the Supreme Court to Hillary Clinton and democrats. Clinton will nominate up to 4 new Justices .. possibly Obama.

Many southern states are becoming majority-minority and only getting browner.

The only way the party survives is by completely remaking themselves .. which I don't think is even possible given its racist base.

The way Southern States are becoming Minority-Majority states is because of the growth in Hispanic\Latino communities and that is one community you should never count on!

Texas is living proof that the community swing the GOP vote when the candidate is Bush or someone like Bush but if it is Trump then you can count on that he will not garner their support.

Not all Republicans are racist and to write that the entire political party is racist is just nonsense on your part. Those like Kasich, Jeb Bush, Rubio, Cruz, Snowe and many more are the furthest from being like Trump and if you do not realize this then you should educate yourself.

You can grab all the Progressive Liberal pieces you want but at the end of the day you will see the purge of those like Trump and the Tea Party caucus and the GOP will grow once again and your comments will fly into your face because you will deny this just like the fools did in 2006 and 2008!

I'm sure as hell no fan of Trump, but I give him serious credit for his "what have you got to lose" speech.

Unlike the rest of the GOP for the last few decades, at least he tried.

At least he understands that, if your prospect is being sold to by your competition, you'd better get to selling, too. And ask any successful salesperson: In order to get a "yes" from your prospect, you have to effectively provide them with a strong, clear list of "features & benefits" to choosing your brand. You can't just stand there and expect them to flock to you.

The GOP's argument has long been "we're for everyone, we're not going to target specific groups". And while I can certainly understand that argument, it just ain't good enough, particularly when you have competition who has long since conditioned that group to respond to precisely the opposite stimuli.

Don't want direct, clear, aggressive, specific outreach to Blacks and Hispanics/Latinos? Fine, your call. Just don't bitch and moan when the GOP is reduced to a regional party by the oncoming demographic tidal wave.

I don't give him credit for that.

because what we have to lose is serious....especially with an unstable person who wonders why we don't use nukes and thinks we should do putin's bidding.

and that doesn't even begin to address his bigotry and misogyny

I'm sure as hell no fan of Trump, but I give him serious credit for his "what have you got to lose" speech.

At least he understands that, if your prospect is being sold to by your competition, you'd better get to selling, too. And ask any successful salesperson: In order to get a "yes" from your prospect, you have to effectively provide them with a strong, clear list of "features & benefits" to choosing your brand. You can't just stand there and expect them to flock to you.

The GOP's argument has long been "we're for everyone, we're not going to target specific groups". And while I can certainly understand that argument, it just ain't good enough, particularly when you have competition who has long since conditioned that group to respond to precisely the opposite stimuli.

Don't want direct, clear, aggressive, specific outreach to Blacks and Hispanics/Latinos? Fine, your call. Just don't bitch and moan when the GOP is reduced to a regional party by the oncoming demographic tidal wave.

because what we have to lose is serious....especially with an unstable person who wonders why we don't use nukes and thinks we should do putin's bidding.

Fine, but my point is more about the GOP's refusal/inability to put out some effort than about Trump himself.

Fine, but my point is more about the GOP's refusal/inability to put out some effort than about Trump himself.

because they think he's dangerous too.

What GOP racism? What special need do you have due to your skin color and how do you figure the ones using it aren't the racists?

If you don't see the problem, don't worry about it .. but a lot smarter conservatives then you see exactly what the problem is.
You can't answer the questions so the problem is all on you.

I can answer any problem you pose .. but it's said much better here ..

FiveThirtyEight: The End of the Republican Party

The End Of A Republican Party
That's a smokescreen. Intellectually lazy/stupid. You can't even begin to back up your shit.

Then don't worry about it moron. :0) Keep pretending Trump is going to win.
I don't pretend anything. You should quit pretending you know what you're talking about. All you know how to do is parrot leftist propaganda.

His outreach was self-serving and offensive. The audience was mostly white .. and it was to them he was speaking.

The Republican Party slit it's own throat and will die from its own self-inflicted cancer of racism.

Perhaps another party will arise .. perhaps republicans can remake themselves and get rid of their racist base .. perhaps another party will arise .. but the Republican Party of today is dead .. and good riddance.

In 2006 and 2008 Democratic voters made the same claim and in 2010 the GOP took the House and the Senate fell in 2014, so let not write the obituary as of yet...

I wasn't one of those. What's happened to the Republican Party today is undeniable.

The GOP will retain the House but might lose the Senate and will lose the bid for the Oval Office, but they're not dead by a long shot and to claim they are is naive as can be.

You might not have been one of those fools in 2006 and 2008 but it should be a lesson just like those that thought the GOP was dead after the Great Depression happen, and yet it survived and will keep on surviving for many years from now...

The demographics no longer add up. The Republican Party is essentially all white in an evolving society.

They will lose the White House and Senate .. giving the Supreme Court to Hillary Clinton and democrats. Clinton will nominate up to 4 new Justices .. possibly Obama.

The only way the party survives is by completely remaking themselves .. which I don't think is even possible given its racist base.

The way Southern States are becoming Minority-Majority states is because of the growth in Hispanic\Latino communities and that is one community you should never count on!

Texas is living proof that the community swing the GOP vote when the candidate is Bush or someone like Bush but if it is Trump then you can count on that he will not garner their support.

Not all Republicans are racist and to write that the entire political party is racist is just nonsense on your part. Those like Kasich, Jeb Bush, Rubio, Cruz, Snowe and many more are the furthest from being like Trump and if you do not realize this then you should educate yourself.

You can grab all the Progressive Liberal pieces you want but at the end of the day you will see the purge of those like Trump and the Tea Party caucus and the GOP will grow once again and your comments will fly into your face because you will deny this just like the fools did in 2006 and 2008!

Really?

Fox News Latino poll: Clinton holds 46-point lead over Trump among Hispanics

Is that just Trump?

Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27% .. and Romney spoke Spanish.

None of those you mentioned is the nominee .. Trump is .. and he got to be the nominee by espousing ignorant racist views to an all white and decidedly racist base.

If you think only progressive liberal piece, and not many republicans themselves, is the only one talking about this all too obvious issue, then you need to educate yourself.

I'm not suggesting that you are a racist, but republicans who aren't were not able to arrest the racism that was invited into your ranks.

If you don't see the problem, don't worry about it .. but a lot smarter conservatives then you see exactly what the problem is.
You can't answer the questions so the problem is all on you.

I can answer any problem you pose .. but it's said much better here ..

FiveThirtyEight: The End of the Republican Party

The End Of A Republican Party
That's a smokescreen. Intellectually lazy/stupid. You can't even begin to back up your shit.

Then don't worry about it moron. :0) Keep pretending Trump is going to win.
I don't pretend anything. You should quit pretending you know what you're talking about. All you know how to do is parrot leftist propaganda.

Then fly away dummy. Don't worry about what many republicans themselves are saying .. don't worry about the fact that your party is all white in an evolving and browner America.

Really?

Is that just Trump?

Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27% .. and Romney spoke Spanish.

None of those you mentioned is the nominee .. Trump is .. and he got to be the nominee by espousing ignorant racist views to an all white and decidedly racist base.

If you think only progressive liberal piece, and not many republicans themselves, is the only one talking about this all too obvious issue, then you need to educate yourself.

I'm not suggesting that you are a racist, but republicans who aren't were not able to arrest the racism that was invited into your ranks.
Yes, you are suggesting I am a racist and you're too stupid to address what I wrote!

Nowhere did I mention Mitt Romney and I noticed you left off John McCain for the reason because it will not support your racist and slanted view against the Republican Party.

You use opinion pieces to support your political view and when someone tell you not to be the stupid fool that you are then you double down on your stupidity because you want to believe everyone that is in the GOP has to be racist.

If they are not voting for the Democratic whore of the moment then the person must be racist and I bet you believe because I did not vote for President Obama was because of his skin color don't you?

It is easier for the ignorant fools of the world ( that is you ) to scream racism so that they can attempt to win their damn argument but the reality is it will not work on me!

I stated Trump will not garner the Hispanic\Latino vote but you went on to double down on stupidity so I will educate your ignorant ass once and for all...

In Texas you have to win the Hispanic vote now and had Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz or Kasich been the GOP candidate for President then Clinton would not have had a damn chance but because of Donald Trump she does but it does not mean you will win House Seats here because your ignorant ass believe that voters vote straight ticket and if that were the damn case then the House should have fallen in 2012 and it did not.

The reality is Trump is a glitch and final death nail to the Tea Party caucus and after the 2016 elections are done those like Ryan, McConnell, Cruz, and Bush will wrangle away the powers from the Tea Party caucus and in 2020 you will see a more moderate candidate on the GOP side or even someone like Johnson returning to run.

The GOP is gaining Hispanic\Latino Politicians that are not only Cuban but Mexican too and New Mexico Governor is one to look at.

So as you write your ignorance and ignore the fucking fact I wrote Trump will not garner the Hispanic\Latino vote just note you will be crying by 2020 about how the GOP should have died and I will be laughing at your damn ignorance...

Now go ahead and claim I am racist because you want to and I am not voting for Trump nor will I vote for Clinton but I know you will vote whatever the Democratic Party tell you to vote for because you're a spineless individual that refuses to educate yourself!

Really?

Is that just Trump?

Yes, you are suggesting I am a racist and you're too stupid to address what I wrote!

Nowhere did I mention Mitt Romney and I noticed you left off John McCain for the reason because it will not support your racist and slanted view against the Republican Party.

You use opinion pieces to support your political view and when someone tell you not to be the stupid fool that you are then you double down on your stupidity because you want to believe everyone that is in the GOP has to be racist.

If they are not voting for the Democratic whore of the moment then the person must be racist and I bet you believe because I did not vote for President Obama was because of his skin color don't you?

It is easier for the ignorant fools of the world ( that is you ) to scream racism so that they can attempt to win their damn argument but the reality is it will not work on me!

I stated Trump will not garner the Hispanic\Latino vote but you went on to double down on stupidity so I will educate your ignorant ass once and for all...

In Texas you have to win the Hispanic vote now and had Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz or Kasich been the GOP candidate for President then Clinton would not have had a damn chance but because of Donald Trump she does but it does not mean you will win House Seats here because your ignorant ass believe that voters vote straight ticket and if that were the damn case then the House should have fallen in 2012 and it did not.

The reality is Trump is a glitch and final death nail to the Tea Party caucus and after the 2016 elections are done those like Ryan, McConnell, Cruz, and Bush will wrangle away the powers from the Tea Party caucus and in 2020 you will see a more moderate candidate on the GOP side or even someone like Johnson returning to run.

The GOP is gaining Hispanic\Latino Politicians that are not only Cuban but Mexican too and New Mexico Governor is one to look at.

So as you write your ignorance and ignore the fucking fact I wrote Trump will not garner the Hispanic\Latino vote just note you will be crying by 2020 about how the GOP should have died and I will be laughing at your damn ignorance...

Now go ahead and claim I am racist because you want to and I am not voting for Trump nor will I vote for Clinton but I know you will vote whatever the Democratic Party tell you to vote for because you're a spineless individual that refuses to educate yourself!

If I thought you were racist, I'd have ZERO problem saying it.

Who cares if you voted for Obama .. I didn't.

Trump has exposed the racism of the Republican BASE. This is not just about Trump, it's about the republican base, which is decidedly racist. The same base that got Trump nominated .. the same base republicans will have going forward because they need them... the same base that fashions republican policy. If you think that's attractive to Hispanic voters across the country .. that would be stupid, but you're free to believe that bullshit.

If you think I'll be crying in 2020 .. when the country gets even browner, then you are just stupid.

The Republican Party was all white before Trump came along.

As I said, if the Republican Party is to survive, it will have to re-invent itself by dumping the racists they invited in.

If you think it can survive all white and racist .. sure it can. :0)

Typically, you believe the GOP can only be correct when they act like Democrats. Blacks, women, gays, hispanics, etc. are all just people. It's the Democrats that divide us by sub-categories.

Of course Trump should go to where they are but should offer anybody special favors for votes.
Where, precisely, did I mention "special favors"?

Is this really that complicated?

Trump's play at 'outreach' was laughable and there is no question that Blacks laughed it off an thumbed their noses at it.

Easily seen for what it was .. a message to white people that Trump was not racist .. a message to black people that he thinks we all live in poverty.

Again, the good news is that republican hate and racism has killed the Republican Party. :0) Soon time to celebrate the end of the party of racism.
Frankly, I'd hate to see that happen. The country needs & deserves two strong national parties.

The GOP just remains stuck in this denial of theirs. Trump's "outreach", as characteristically ham-handed as it was, was at least an effort.

Credit for effort is given only when the effort is sincere.

Typically, you believe the GOP can only be correct when they act like Democrats. Blacks, women, gays, hispanics, etc. are all just people. It's the Democrats that divide us by sub-categories.

Of course Trump should go to where they are but should offer anybody special favors for votes.
Where, precisely, did I mention "special favors"?

Is this really that complicated?

Trump's play at 'outreach' was laughable and there is no question that Blacks laughed it off an thumbed their noses at it.

Easily seen for what it was .. a message to white people that Trump was not racist .. a message to black people that he thinks we all live in poverty.

Again, the good news is that republican hate and racism has killed the Republican Party. :0) Soon time to celebrate the end of the party of racism.

The recent GOP wins have been due in large part to heavy gerrymandering of districts. Raw national voting numbers show the GOP losing the popular vote every time.

Since this practice has been banned by the SC, districts will be redrawn by 2020 and gerrymandering will end. Then Republicans will have no hope of being elected ever.

Great post...I agree with it. I do think the policies are for everyone, and they don't pander...but I do think Trump's approach of giving them policies as well as showing how bad the democrats ones are is a great approach. He may not move that many....but even if he gets a few, it was definitely worth it.

The GOP has allowed itself to be convinced that it doesn't even need to TRY outreach.

The party is simply blind on this topic.

I agree with you on that. This election cycle has been baffling from the standpoint to where the Trump Enablers have rejected simple math and regard it as having a liberal bias.

I'm sure as hell no fan of Trump...

Surprising...since he's going after the PC you hate so much...and it's working!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-is-making-america-meaner.html?_r=0
I'm not a one-issue voter. Are you?
Wait, so you DO like Trump's un-"PCedness"?
I certainly do, in that he has the freedom to so often expose himself as a buffoon.

I'll say it for the zillionth time: The beauty of freedom of expression is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear. Perhaps more importantly, it points out who agrees with them. I want to know who these people are, where they are, and what they are thinking.

Shutting them down, shouting them down, intimidating them into silence, or punishing them for expressing themselves is not just flying in the face of the spirit of Freedom of Speech; it's removing the best way of identifying them. Not to mention being childish and cowardly.

I sincerely don't know why this is so complicated.

Last edited:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-is-making-america-meaner.html?_r=0
I certainly do, in that he has the freedom to so often expose himself as a buffoon.

I'll say it for the zillionth time: The beauty of freedom of expression is that it points out the crazies, loud and clear. Perhaps more importantly, it points out who agrees with them. I want to know who these people are, where they are, and what they are thinking.

Shutting them down, shouting them down, intimidating them into silence, or punishing them for expressing themselves is not just flying in the face of the spirit of Freedom of Speech; it's removing the best way of identifying them. Not to mention being childish and cowardly.

Did you see what all Trump's "Freedom of expression" has wrought?

Donald Trump is Making America Meaner

n the middle of a physics class at the high school one day this spring, a group of white students suddenly began jeering at their Latino classmates and chanting: “Build a wall! Build a wall!” [...]

The Trump-inspired malice seems ubiquitous. A Georgetown University study found a surge of anti-Muslim violence, from murders to attacks on mosques, coinciding with Trump’s hostility toward Muslims. In March, a man attacked Muslim and Latino students in Kansas, shouting“brown trash” and “Trump will take our country from you guys.”

He's redefined politeness as "PC" and bullying as "telling it like it is"

I don't want them identified, I want them living in their basements, scared to come out.

Did you see what all Trump's "Freedom of expression" has wrought?

Donald Trump is Making America Meaner

n the middle of a physics class at the high school one day this spring, a group of white students suddenly began jeering at their Latino classmates and chanting: “Build a wall! Build a wall!” [...]

The Trump-inspired malice seems ubiquitous. A Georgetown University study found a surge of anti-Muslim violence, from murders to attacks on mosques, coinciding with Trump’s hostility toward Muslims. In March, a man attacked Muslim and Latino students in Kansas, shouting“brown trash” and “Trump will take our country from you guys.”

He's redefined politeness as "PC" and bullying as "telling it like it is"

I don't want them identified, I want them living in their basements, scared to come out.
There are plenty of people on all parts of the spectrum contributing to this nasty climate.

To blame one person or one side is silly and intellectually dishonest.

Forum List

Back