Trump loyalists resurrect debunked Georgia election fraud claims

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
The lie materialized on Friday afternoon and went viral on far-right social media accounts, just as a federal jury ruled that former President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani must pay $148 million to former Fulton County election staffers he falsely accused of voter fraud.

The post wrongly claimed that Gov. Brian Kemp’s legal staff notified Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger that more than 17,000 “invalid” votes were tallied in Fulton County in 2020, echoing debunked conspiracy theories that Trump’s allies have pushed for years.

The accusation was quickly repudiated by state officials, but that didn’t stop Trump’s loyalists from spreading it. U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Rome, even used the invalid vote myth to suggest those who called her a “conspiracy theorist” were wrong.

I remember on another thread a couple of right-wingers bringing this up. Of course, when I challenged them to produce a link, they disappeared.

Your fault, my fault, nobody's fault......The 2020 election will always be tainted in the minds of near half the country.
What will be remembered would be the fact that the right-wingers pulled a massive hissy fit because their fuhrer lost the election.

They not only trashed Congress but were ready to hang one of their own. That's the taint that the Republican party will never be rid of.

The lie materialized on Friday afternoon and went viral on far-right social media accounts, just as a federal jury ruled that former President Donald Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani must pay $148 million to former Fulton County election staffers he falsely accused of voter fraud.

The post wrongly claimed that Gov. Brian Kemp’s legal staff notified Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger that more than 17,000 “invalid” votes were tallied in Fulton County in 2020, echoing debunked conspiracy theories that Trump’s allies have pushed for years.

The accusation was quickly repudiated by state officials, but that didn’t stop Trump’s loyalists from spreading it. U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Rome, even used the invalid vote myth to suggest those who called her a “conspiracy theorist” were wrong.

I remember on another thread a couple of right-wingers bringing this up. Of course, when I challenged them to produce a link, they disappeared.
of course i saw those ridiculous unsourced threads this weekend. those election workers could make lots of money by suing these rubes.

Your fault, my fault, nobody's fault......The 2020 election will always be tainted in the minds of near half the country.
you are correct, relec. trump did taint the 2020 election, now nearly as notorious as 1876. it will take a generation to restore confidence.

just part of the continuimg chaos that surrounds most autocracy.

Last edited:
great quote by the way. that scene between john wayne and richard boone , trading threats to blow each others heads off, was a great movie mom,ent.

i understand the appeal of wayne, the "strong silent type." seems the opposite of the loud mouthed bragart in chief.

great quote by the way. that scene between john wayne and richard boone , trading threats to blow each others heads off, was a great movie mom,ent.

i understand the appeal of wayne, the "strong silent type." seems the opposite of the loud mouthed bragart in chief.
after further review. was that "big jake?" because the scene was a masterpiece.

the dark, whispered conversation between wayne and boone as the rest of the cast engages in apocalyptic mayhem involving snipers, fast draw duels, pitchforks, dogs, and donkeys must have taken 10000 takes.

I don't think anything has been debunked or bunked, mostly courts have refused to proceed for one reason or another. This should have been a priority opportunity for a thorough and complete evaluation of the process but was never allowed to happen. All that resulted was more division and pouting by all sides, and nothing is resolved, and it still festers no matter how hard the lines are drawn.

after further review. was that "big jake?" because the scene was a masterpiece.

the dark, whispered conversation between wayne and boone as the rest of the cast engages in apocalyptic mayhem involving snipers, fast draw duels, pitchforks, dogs, and donkeys must have taken 10000 takes.
Yep, Big Jake.

Translation: "We're not accustomed to getting called out for being the lying, cheating scumbags we are"

giphy.gif

Forum List

Back