Trump lawyer says she's told him all litigation involving the former president 'will stop' if he announces he's not running for office in 2024

~~~~~~
That consisted of declassified material that he declassified as president in writing.
BTW, the total number of boxes seized were not 12 but more like 40.
National Archives has no record of them being declassified.

There is a whole process in order to declassifying documents, and Top Secret documents are not going to simply be given to any ex President.

He did not go through the process. He simply took them. National Archives found out about them, asked for them back. He gave 12 in January, they asked for the rest later. He was given a supeona, but did not comply. That is when a Judge was shown what was still in his possession and granted the Search warrant for the 12 boxes which were taken last Monday.

A total of 27 boxes were returned to the National Archive .

....except for the fact that he had been cooperating and there has never been a raid on a President's home ever in the history of the US...
If he was cooperating, he would have turned the papers over as the subpoena required. No president has ever pilfered top secret papers concerning our nuclear capabilities before.

National Archives has no record of them being declassified.

There is a whole process in order to declassifying documents, and Top Secret documents are not going to simply be given to any ex President.

He did not go through the process. He simply took them. National Archives found out about them, asked for them back. He gave 12 in January, they asked for the rest later. He was given a supeona, but did not comply. That is when a Judge was shown what was still in his possession and granted the Search warrant for the 12 boxes which were taken last Monday.

A total of 27 boxes were returned to the National Archive .
Show me the link!

You wouldn't know good news unless a news paper at your front door had dog poop in it!

That is probably as good a documentation that Trump has that he officially declassified those documents

Essentially, Trumps excuses are Dog Shit

LOL....Trump can pick them.

letitia-james-alina-habba.jpg

Look at her compared to that beastly lookin' land whale of a AG in NY.

"one of Trump" Family 2024. Suck it up Buttercups!

Who gave her permission to make that promise?
Ummm, whaaaat?
Oh boy, talk about 'dung tests'.

Lemme mansplain to you poster 'whitehall'.....the gal, a lawyer paid by and working for Trump's interests was on a rightwing media outlet. She said she told Trump if he quit his problems would go away.

And you, poster 'whitehall' are trying to link her statement to permission from the DOJ? And blackmail?
No disrespect intended, but there are posters on this venue that sometimes come across like they've been mule-kicked.

Not that I'm complainin' about those types. They are, after all, rather entertaining and affirming.
I mean by 'affirming' they give us great examples of bad examples.
Sure glad I ain't like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...except for the fact that he had been cooperating and there has never been a raid on a President's home ever in the history of the US...

Lemme ask the poster easyt65 --- when he says DonT 'had been cooperating'....does he mean that in sort of the past tense, as in...he was, and then he quit?
And by him quitting his cooperation could that have triggered the subpoena to get him to cooperate again?

Help us understand your standards for 'had-been-cooperating'.

ps......don't make too much about the precedent of the search warrant and that it had never been done before in US history.
After all, the US has never had a fired president who had been impeached ...... twice.

~~~~~~
That consisted of declassified material that he declassified as president in writing.
BTW, the total number of boxes seized were not 12 but more like 40.
They weren't his papers to take.

Of course, who disagrees with this assessment?

It's difficult to make a self described narcissist billionaire a sympathetic figure, but, his enemies have done so.

lawyer for Donald Trump said all investigations into the former president would stop if he were to announce he won't run for president in 2024.

"If he's not leading in the polls – I've sat across from him, every time he gets frustrated, I say to him: 'Mr. President, if you would like me to resolve all your litigation, you should announce that you are not running for office, and all of this will stop,'" Trump attorney Alina Habba said on Real America's Voice on Friday. "That's what they want."

She added that Trump was "honestly not surprised" after the Department of Justice executed an FBI raid of Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, seeking classified documents taken from the White House.
You love to hear these liars because it reinforces your bias.

MYRE: Yeah, that's right. And when President Nixon resigned in 1974, he wanted to take his documents and his infamous tape recordings with him. But Congress said, hold on, we want to see those documents and recordings, and we certainly don't want them destroyed. They swiftly passed a law in '74 that made Nixon's material public property in effect, and then Congress passed a more sweeping Presidential Records Act in 1978. I spoke about this with Jason Baron. He's a former senior official at the National Archives. He explains what this law means.

JASON BARON: Every president, when they leave office, those records that have been created by the president and his staff are presidential records that go to the National Archives. The owner is the American people.

MYRE: And to be clear, this includes all presidential material - doesn't matter whether it's doodles on a notepad or top-secret national security documents.

That is GOOD NEWS

I imagine Trump will have no difficulty proving he officially declassified those documents in writing

AG Garland will be so embarrassed when he does
~~~~~~
"Donald Trump claims a "standing order" allowed him to declassify documents as soon as they left the Oval Office".

~~~~~~
"Donald Trump claims a "standing order" allowed him to declassify documents as soon as they left the Oval Office".

[Trump continues to be under the impression that he is still President of the United Sates of America]

On Friday evening, Trump’s camp sent a statement to Fox News elaborating on that defense.
“As we can all relate to, everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time. American presidents are no different,” the statement read.

It continued: “President Trump, in order to prepare for work the next day, often took documents, including classified documents, to the residence. He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them.”
Trump has not held the job of president of the United States, however, in more than 18 months, a point the statement did not seem to address.

Lately, I'm finding Trump's situation to remind me a bit of Benigno Aquino, who, in the 1970s and 1980s, was a prominent critic and opponent of a corrupt President in the Philippines. This got him assassinated in 1983, which finally led to a scandal-driven fall of that President. His wife, Corazon, went on to be elected President of the Philippines.
Good analogy, except Ivanka Trump is a naturalized American citizen and cannot serve as president.

Not really much of an analogy. It's just that here, we are seeing a case of a man who has stood up as a prominent adversary to a deeply-corrupt mob in government, and is being targeted by that mob in outrageously-illegal ways; in such a manner that is causing this mob to look worse and worse to the general public.

In the Philippines, the assassination of Benigno Aquino, and the perception that Ferdinand Marcos was behind it, led to Marcos' downfall. Marcos went very quickly from being a popular, beloved, heroic leader, to being seen as a great villain that needed to be removed from power.

I think we're seeing something similar happening, here, to Biden and his gang. Not that any of them were ever as Popular as Ferdinand Marcos once was, but what public image they once had is being rapidly destroyed by their own antics.

Forum List

Back