Biden Says He Might Not Be Running If Trump Weren't In The Race

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” the president told donors.

President Joe Biden told donors in Boston on Tuesday that he might not be running for reelection had Donald Trump not entered the race.

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” Biden said, according to reporters present at the event. “But we cannot let him win.”

Biden didn’t immediately elaborate on that thought process, but the admission shouldn’t come as much of a shock.

Going back to 2020, Biden’s campaign pitched him to voters as the party’s best chance at stopping Trump from securing another term in office, arguing that an establishment Democrat would do better in swing states than his progressive rivals for the nomination.

When he succeeded in nabbing the nomination and winning the general election, Trump seemed unlikely to be a formidable opponent in 2024.
He’d lost the popular vote by a sizable margin, squandered support in the Republican Party over his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol and declared that the American election system had been rigged against him in the 2020 election.

But within two years, Trump had announced his candidacy. He’s currently polling as the front-runner for the GOP nomination by massive margins.

More at the link below...

Biden Says He Might Not Be Running If Trump Weren’t In The Race

So, if Trump gets knocked out of the race, Biden may drop out. Very interesting. What do you think?
Wow, I'm impressed that Joe even remembers who Trump is!

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” the president told donors.

President Joe Biden told donors in Boston on Tuesday that he might not be running for reelection had Donald Trump not entered the race.

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running,” Biden said, according to reporters present at the event. “But we cannot let him win.”

Biden didn’t immediately elaborate on that thought process, but the admission shouldn’t come as much of a shock.

Going back to 2020, Biden’s campaign pitched him to voters as the party’s best chance at stopping Trump from securing another term in office, arguing that an establishment Democrat would do better in swing states than his progressive rivals for the nomination.

When he succeeded in nabbing the nomination and winning the general election, Trump seemed unlikely to be a formidable opponent in 2024.
He’d lost the popular vote by a sizable margin, squandered support in the Republican Party over his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol and declared that the American election system had been rigged against him in the 2020 election.

But within two years, Trump had announced his candidacy. He’s currently polling as the front-runner for the GOP nomination by massive margins.

So, if Trump gets knocked out of the race, Biden may drop out. Very interesting. What do you think?
And of course you believe him. His lies and racism is well documented.

I won't be voting for Biden, but I will be voting against Trump.

I'm getting tired of not voting for someone.
I vote for my guy, I don’t vote against anyone but I don’t vote Republican or Democrat.

Good because Trump is going to beat him a 3rd time... and this time you dems can't cheat enough to cover the MAGA turnout....
What a brain dead thing to state.

Tell us all what the fundamental changes are that would support your conclusion...

Beside meaningless fantasy that is.

Sure, he may have said as such but it is CLERARLY a direct lie.

Everyone that bothered to use their brain knew Biden was going to run for a second term the day he won his first as that is how this game works, period. There was never a real chance, outside of Biden actually dying, that Biden would not be the democrat nominee for 2024. He knows it. The reporters know it. His 'opposition' knows it. Why do so many people seem to not understand this basic fact?

My question is why you want 4 more years of Democrats in charge?
Because of the rights abject failure to put up anything that even remotely resembles a reasonable opposition candidate.

You pan pretend that is not the case till the end of time, it does not change reality.

You're right. The Democrats do have a major problem. Biden seems to be the only one that can unite the 'Democratic Coalition'.

People on the 'Left' are way too individualistic. Any slight difference in their opinion with the Democratic candidate, and they don't vote. They refuse to unite.

The primary motivation that unites the left is hatred for Trump. While Biden seems to be the only one that can unite the Democratic coaltion, he alone can not get them motivated. He NEEDS Trump for that.

But I don't believe that if Biden dropped out, Trump would win. Trump is the most hated politician in American history. The Democrats could probably run a turnip and still beat Trump.
If the democrats could run a turnip against Trump it would win. That, however, is not relevant as if they ran a whole host of democrat they would lose. Berny would almost certainly lose to Trump. Hillary is a toss up IMHO. Harris would get creamed by anyone.

A vegetable would always win because no one ever likes the president outside of the partisans that measure their identity with the leader of the party. HOWEVER, the instant you put a name on that turnip things change rather drastically. There is a reason that 'generic democrat' does better than both Biden and Trump, generic democrat is easy to support because it has nothing to rage against. That does not remain true with an actual candidate.

Thinking Trump cant win is a failed idea, that was the same thing that people through in 2016. I certainly do not think he will win but Biden dropping out would give him a really good chance of doing so if there was not a galvanizing personality waiting to take over and the left simply does not have that.

They do not have a weak bench, they have no bench at all.

If the democrats could run a turnip against Trump it would win. That, however, is not relevant as if they ran a whole host of democrat they would lose. Berny would almost certainly lose to Trump. Hillary is a toss up IMHO. Harris would get creamed by anyone.

A vegetable would always win because no one ever likes the president outside of the partisans that measure their identity with the leader of the party. HOWEVER, the instant you put a name on that turnip things change rather drastically. There is a reason that 'generic democrat' does better than both Biden and Trump, generic democrat is easy to support because it has nothing to rage against. That does not remain true with an actual candidate.

Thinking Trump cant win is a failed idea, that was the same thing that people through in 2016. I certainly do not think he will win but Biden dropping out would give him a really good chance of doing so if there was not a galvanizing personality waiting to take over and the left simply does not have that.

Dimwingers are running a turnip, vermin.

What a brain dead thing to state.

Tell us all what the fundamental changes are that would support your conclusion...

Beside meaningless fantasy that is.
Biden now polls below Carter at 37% approval and 63% disapproval.... for one....

Trump tried to steal the 2020 election from the 81Mil+ people that voted for Biden. If you think that we will not remember, and not be out voting, you're crazy.

ANYBODY that runs against Trump will be guaranteed those 81mil+ votes for a start.

Then detract all those Trump voters who are disgusted by Trump's attempt to steal the election and probably will not vote, plus all the Republican women who are mad about Roe v Wade, and you have the formula for an election slaughter.

Trump is politically a dead man walking.

The most interesting and telling thing about this admission, is that Biden is actually suggesting here he's too old to remain president.

Think about it. What other modern day president has bowed out after their first term?

You can make the argument about Lyndon Johnson, but even he had to finish Kennedy's term before he served his own first term.

Biden knows he's too old, and he's now publicly admitting it.
1701972657831.png

Are you stupid or something? Why are you believing anything Joe says? You think Joe is selflessly doing everyone a favor by running?

There isnt a thing in this world that would stop him from running. His family goes to prison if he loses. He wouldnt have the DOJ protecting him anymore.

I was just wondering, why are male Democracks such pussies? No really, why so soft and mentally dishonest?

Biden now polls below Carter at 37% approval and 63% disapproval.... for one....
That is not relevant.

If they are creating votes then they control the total count. His approval does not change any of the conditions of the coming election if your assertions are true.

that would be a terrific outcome, but Trump will die before he quits grifting.

Why doesn't Quid Pro go first and see what happens? Maybe then TRUMP! won't feel that the country is in imminent danger any more and he can relax. Boy, Quid Pro really inspires confidence in the democrat B squad, doesn't he if he thinks the best they can do is a geriatric wandering around in a fog.

Forum List

Back